Just got back from a 12-night stay at the Radisson Royal. It was in every sense of the word "opulent". The bed was great, the sports facilities wonderful, and the breakfast sumptious, and housekeeping on most days was good (almost to the point of being over-zealous). But my stay was very much wrought with frustration - and here's why i would only give this hotel an "average" rating:
1. The first 8 days of my stay, i had to replace my key-cards 3 times! This despite the fact that i always made sure not to place them anywhere near anything that could cause demagnetisation.
2. Housekeeping seemed to think that i needed more exercise, and hence decided to make me stretch and get onto my toes every day in the slippery bathtub so that i could reach the shower-head. I called in a request for them to lower it on the 3rd or 4th morning; but by the 6th morning, the shower-head was back up.. to the maximum height!! And then housekeeping had to call in the handyman to unscrew the lever so that they could bring the shower-head back down. (p.s. when i put in the first request, i was very patient in explaining that i was not even 1.6 metres)
3. Water pressure.. enough said.
4. The icing of cake? At my departure, i asked the bellboy to bring two suitcases down to the bellboy station. When i got down, i found my friend standing next to my suitcases in the middle of the lobby/entrance area. At first, i had thought she had recognised my suitcases, and hence instructed the bellboy to leave them with her.. but it turns out, she came down from breakfast to find my suitcases exactly where she was standing - UNATTENDED.
With these faults, Radisson Royal was anything but "royal". Definitely not my choice for a return visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A gem among hotels in Russia, the Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow boasts landmark status in the heart of the capital city. This elegant Moscow hotel was built between 1953 and 1957 as part of Stalin's Seven Sisters project and showcases Soviet Neo-classicism architecture.Gaze over the Moskva River and Moscow skyline from the most breathtaking luxury hotel in town. The newly refurbished 497 guest rooms and 38 serviced apartments offer unrivalled comfort and pay homage to the historic nature of the building while featuring top of the range amenities. The convenient location of Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow on the Moskva River embankment and a small fleet of river yachts provide a unique opportunity to take excursion and entertainment boat trips right off the doorstep of the Hotel. The custom designed snow white restaurant yachts run regular two hour trips from the hotel along the most picturesque sights of the historical centre of Moscow ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Royal Moscow Hotel Moscow