“they need work!!”

Rhodes, Greece
“they need work!!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

nice location
the upper floors are much better(specially the junior suite)
nice breakfast
the restaurant in the top floor amazing view although a bit overpriced
the rooms are old
impolite stuff
expencive compare with what they offer
except the receptionist all the other stuff they have a sirious issue with english and smiling!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Dimitris K
Svetlana K, Director of Marketing & PR at Korston Club Hotel Moscow, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for kind words about Korston’s restaurants! Now we are on the way to make a renovation of hotel rooms. And of course we are trying to make our service better and that’s why we are preparing different trainings for our staff!

Thank you again and hope to welcome you soon in our property!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed here for four nights as part of a tour.

The hotel is pleasant inside and staff are generally helpful. My room was large and well equipped, with a good size bathroom. Toiletries, bathrobe, slippers were all fine. Housekeeping was good and the room was spotless.

Breakfast looked good (though I never eat a cooked breakfast myself), and the buffet was regularly re-stocked. Dinner was okay, though only on the final night was the meal as good as I had hoped - but that might be the fault of the tour company rather than the hotel.

The hotel is quite a long way from the city centre, though there is Metro station about 10 minutes walk through a very pleasant park. There is a supermarket round the corner from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Svetlana K, Director of Marketing & PR at Korston Club Hotel Moscow, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such warm words about Korston Hotel Moscow. We try our best to improve the quality of service. So, that every time you visit us, you like it more and more!
Irvine, California
Reviewed 8 September 2013

i was there in 2007.
We spent five nights here. Not very close to the center but you can easily get there by taxi or Metro (10 minutes walk). The hotel has several restaurants but the quality is average. The stuff is helpful. The breakfast buffet was good (not perfect, we expected more). All in all, the hotel meets expectations but has potential to do better.
our Room was very specious and clean with good amenities.
This hotel has on of biggest Casino in Moscow .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Svetlana K, Director of Marketing & PR at Korston Club Hotel Moscow, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your review. Regarding the restaurants, now we try our best to improve the quality of our restaurants, and the new F&B Director was invited from Canada to work for Korston. We are glad you appreciated our staff, its a compliment for the hotel in general!
Now the casino is illegal in Moscow, but we still working as a hotel. Thank you again and hope to welcome you soon in our property!
Pecs, Hungary
Reviewed 6 September 2013

After a terrible 1.5-2 hours journey from the airport to the hotel, it was really breath-taking to see this hotel from inside. Although the receptionist had a rather strong Russian accent (what a surprise :-)), the check-in went smoothly.
Some elevators do not go to the top floors, others do not go till the ground floor. I do not know why.
Also the standard rooms are spacious and clean. The view from the front side is rather nice. The other side is not that nice but who cares :-)
A good selection of Russian, English, German and some other speaking channels are available on TV.
Apart from some listed exceptions THE PHONE IS FREE OF CHARGE. If I know well, they use Skype for this free of charge service. I called Hungary and Germany and I really did not have to pay at check out.
Very comfortable king size bad for good sleep.
The breakfast provides a good selection as in similar hotels anywhere in Europe.
The Lomonosov University is approximately 30-50 minutes walk depending on your walking speed, of course.:-)
I did not have the chance to go, but I checked that the underground station is in some minutes walk. The underground takes you close to the Red Square in 15 minutes.
Good restaurants are available in the hotel. I had dinner in Evoo twice. A soup, a Spaghetti carbonara and a soft drink cost about 30-40 USD. English is not among the strengths of the waiters/waitresses but you can get that you want.

Room Tip: E.g. 1625 is a good one. Choose one in the front because of the nicer view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest, thank for your review and for visiting us. We are glad to hear that you liked our hotel and service. We are trying to make it better and better. And of course we will make training for the restaurant staff to feel our guest more comfortable.

Hope to see you soon!
Turin, Italy
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at Korston for 20 days and I enjoyed my experience. The hotel is nice and the staff helpful. Apart of that they have some pros and cons. One of the pros I've really enjoyed is the possibility to have breakfast until 5pm, something I've never experienced before in any other Hotel that I stayed in, and they also have a good selection of restaurants with acceptable prices. The only thing I didn't like too much was the gym that I found little but still ok. In any case I will definitively come back to Korston..

Room Tip: If it's possible I'll suggest to ask for a room with the view over the Luzniki Stadium in or...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CloudsInTheSky
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for so kind words about Korston! We really appreciate it! Breakfast until 5pm is our highlight that make our guests happy. So does the free Wi-Fi service and free international calls.
We sincerely hope to greet you again in our property, and will do our best to meet all you expectations!
nc
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I recently stayed at your hotel (Reservation #R610723) between 6/22 - 6/26/2013. Minutes after I checked in at 12 noon I went back to the front desk and requested a non-smoking room. I was told none were available and none would be available the rest of the day?...12 noon???! I checked back in the morning and was told to check back around 10 am, which I did but was told again none were available and none would be available?! I checked back at least 10 times the first 2 days and was always declined! I can't believe my request could not be accommodated, certainly not in line with your "legendary hospitality" motto and 12,020.00 ruble daily rate. The odor in my room made for a very unsatisfactory stay. I filled out a customer response card and left it at the Customer Relations desk upon check-out but have not had a reply. In addition, I have emailed the hotel twice and still no response.

I would also like to point out that one of my colleages ordered a $$$ scotch that was of questionable quality...watered down. He returned it to the bartender who gave him a triple shot of whiskey in return...no questions asked...bartender did not seem surprised by the claim!

Room Tip: request a non-smoking room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank elchegu
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review!
Sorry for the delayed answer. Please let us apologize for inconvenience caused with lack of non-smoking room during your stay. Sorry to read that you filled poor customer service. We are working to make our service better and will be glad to see you in Korston again.
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had a very pleasant stay, my wife and me, at Korston for 3 nights in late august this year (2013). the rooms are large, very clean and relaxing, the staff is very helpful although some employees speak only Russian but they will always try to help you or ask somebody to do. the breakfast is delicious and relaxing with the electronic piano playing some music... the staff at the Evoo restaurant are extremely helpful and the food is also good. additionally the hotel can exchange your dollars for rubles for a good rate. and you can always enjoy the fitness club.. Briefly, I will come back to the Hotel when I'll visit Moscow next time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear George,
We appreciate your review. Glad to read that you liked our hotel and restaurants. We will make a trainings for our staff about English language to make their dialog with guests more convenient. Hope to see you soon!