“Fine hotel in Moscow”

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya
Ranked #29 of 334 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Hotel is located very close to one of the major metro stations and is 4 stops on the metro from Red Square. The staff were excellent and most helpful and when I enquired about getting tickets for the big football game that was on they managed to get me a ticket. Hotel itself was very nice, excellent breakfast and rooms are spacious and bathrooms are very tidy.Not really much I could fault the hotel on.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FinnianOD
Hilton M, Owner at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your positive post.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,404)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We (me and my wife) had the pleasure of spending two nights in beautiful Hilton Leningradskaya in Moscow. Almost everything was perfet but our neighbours. It was our second night and because we planned to wake up quite early the next morning, we went to bed at 11 p.m. Just as we turned out light we heard the occupant of the neighboring room enter their door. Immediately followed by the sound of music from TV in their room. And it lasted until 4 a.m. when I call to reception and this was swiftly dealt with.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton M, Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for spending a couple of minutes to share your comments with us. We highly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot, about 120 days a year in a hotel, usually one of the I call them 'big three' Hilton , Marriott, or IHC. Often the high speed internet is lacking , particularly in Europe where there is little modern infra structure in many countries.

So it was business as usual when I checked into the Hilton in Moscow, and had poor
internet bandwidth. I mentioned this to Guest Relations Agent Ksenia M. while requesting a bucket of ice for my room.

I really was not going to pursue the matter, but she called my room back to see if I was still having problems. I was, and would have dropped the matter, but Ksenia insisted on trying to resolve the issue.

To cut the story, she was successful, my internet is GREAT, and then to top it off, she had a nice fruit basket with an apology for my troubles!

Hilton Moscow certainly has earned their money this trip.

Oh yes, great breakfast, comfortable rooms. (I was upgraded to a suite when I arrived) good cold a/c, very nice lounge with good appetizers evening.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your praising review of our hotel. We will be happy to welcome you back to Moscow soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel. It is located close to 3 railway stations and within a 5-minute walk from the entrances to two lines of the metro – brown and red. The distance to the metro was an important factor for us in choosing the hotel as Moscow is notorious for its traffic jams. The only way one can ensure being on time is to take the metro.

The hotel is located in a tower built during the Stalin times in 1950s. We were impressed with the luxurious décor when we entered the hotel. The room was cosy and impeccably clean. There was a min-bar, iron, safe, bath robes and coffee machine in the room, which was a great convenience in the morning. The spa and the pool were an added benefit during a hot Moscow summer. We were equally happy with the courteous and prompt service provided by the staff. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton M, Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your 5 star review of our historic hotel. We are pleased to hear that we met all your expectations and you will be happy to stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel was to a good Hilton standard in a classic landmark Moscow building. A key selling point is that the hotel is about 5mins walk from the Metro station Komsomolskaya and 4 stops from central Moscow. The staff were all very helpful and rooms were a decent size.

There were only a few small negatives: there are only 4 slow lifts which often leads to queues in the lift lobby, there are almost no restaurants in the immediate area, and there was some noise from trains overnight in the front facing rooms.

But overall a good hotel.

One thing to be aware of - it is in a big landmark tower building easily visible when you exert the Metro/Railway stations, but there is no Hilton sign on it so it is not as obvious as it should be.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to nighttime noise as of a room at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest, we appreciate your positive review about our porperty and will look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my second time staying at this Hilton and I enjoyed it much more than the first time, two years ago. I think the location is convenient enough, well it's not walking distance but where in Moscow is?! The car service offered by the hotel is very professional however you do surely pay for it... book a taxi if you can manage to communicate in Russian... otherwise have your destination written in Russian at hand.

The hotel caters for the business traveller (in my view), its clean and spacious. The rooms are at a good standard although starting to show signs of wear I was still very satisfied with my room. The beds are firm, comfortable and I was able to sleep really well. The hotel facilities are really good... a pool, spa and sauna to relax after an exhausting day in Moscow traffic. Breakfast is excellent, I enjoyed it everyday!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Hilton M, Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for posting your review and coming back to our hotel for the seconf time. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Utilized Expedia to obtain hotel and transportation from the airport. The hotel was booked and the Expedia agent reached out to the hotel and asked them to contact me. The Expedia Agent told me that the hotel would get back to me to arrange the transportation but they never contacted me about transportation from the airport nor did they inform me that I needed a VISA which the hotel would have to have sponsored in order for me to be allowed to leave the airport to go there and stay. So when I went to leave the airport, I was refused. I immediately email Expedia to cancel the reservation. When I got home and called to sort this out, Expedia had charged my credit card several days before the hotel stay and told me it was nonrefundable and the hotel would not credit me. I was duped into buying a hotel room in Moscow that they knew I would never get to stay in since the hotel had not sponsored our visas. WE had to buy a "sleeping cabin in the airport for our 22 hour layover and we never saw Moscow and probably never will.Lesson learned: Beware - this hotel and Expedia was worthless for customer service!

Room Tip: Get a visa and your own transportation to the hotel or you'll end up never seeing the inside of...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank DrCynthia2016
Hilton M, Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest, we are very disappointed to hear that you had an issue with your visa and could not visit our country.