“Very low quality hotel”

Ranked #114 of 309 Hotels in Moscow
Vienna, Austria
“Very low quality hotel”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I am just leaving this hotel, where I have been for 3 nights for a business trip. The hotel is a three star one and so my expectations where not so high but, due to the following things, I won't recommend it.
I did a reservation for a single room but when I arrived I was assigned a double room with kitchen (which I thought was a natural upgrade when hotels are full) and was asked to pay upfront and when I asked to stick with the reservation that was made, they told me that I could have had either the double-room with kitchen or a single room with shared bathroom. While I usually do not care about shared services, being on business trip didn't allow me to wait for (who knows how many) other people to take a shower, hence I paid a very expensive room that I didn't need. Moreover, as their system was broken and Then it wasn't possible to pay with Visa, I had the money to pay just the first night and they said I could have paid the rest when doing the checkout. Unfortunately and unpleasantly, during the second night I was sleeping in the hotel, someone knocked on my door and a man from the hotel told me that we had a "little problem" because I had to pay the second night. Then I said "now?!" And the man told me "no you can do it also tomorrow". Was it necessary to wake me up in the middle of the night?! The rest was more or less fine (breakfast was poor in choices but not bad) and I hadn't stayed so much in the hotel. However, I strongly recommend not to go there.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank PeaceT77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Got it under 50 Eur, which is cheap for Moscow. On arrival find good hotel in new building with elevators, free wifi in the lobby. Room is new, well decorated. Here is part of rooms with shared facilities, which was very clean and preatty to use.
Hotel is only 100 m from entance to metro station Orekhovo, whichi is direct line to city center and to Aeroexpresses to Sheremetievo (SVO) and Domodedovo (DME) airports. Hotel offers group transfer to Domodedovo airport for 500 Rubles. Few shops around. Oposit of huge green park, so lot's of fresh air, which is rare for Moscow.
At the first floor here is a restaurant with not expensive menu and business lunch for only 190 rubles. Food was good and quality.
This hotel is good option for travellers who wish to save some money during their trip to Moscow, but want good and easy access to the city center.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Roman D
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The room was very comfortable, very clean and a fair price

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Kazan, Russia
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We arrived at the hotel at 1 a.m.
There was a huge crowd and administrators were incredibly slow, unresponsive and rude.After 20 minutes of waiting in a queue we needed to wait for 15 minutes more while administrator was typying down our passport data and processing other people's data at the same time.
Finally we got some paper card and were told to go to the building B. By that moment it was already 1:40 a.m. and there were no lights outside and the security officer explained us that we needed to cross 2 yards and walk along some warehouse and there we would find the building we needed.
We were shocked as it was late and dark and 2 girls needed to walk in that pretty scary area alone.I came up to the administator and asked for the room in the building A where we were at that moment. The woman in a raised voice explained us that we shouldn't think of ourselves as some privileged persons here and have no right to demand anything and should be happy to have what they give us.
Feeling endless gratitude to that nice woman for opening our eyes to our place in this world me and my colleague started for the building B.I should mention here that at 2 a.m. security officer didn't concider seeing us to the building himself. No wonder that next to warehouse there were two drunk guys who concidered us to be "hey! chicks!" (c) so we had kind of sporty minutes while running from those followers to the hotel building B.
When we finally reached it we were asked to go to the second floor to the administrator( AGAIN? was my first thought). There was again crowd of people who were waiting to be registered there now for the second time. No sign of chairs benches..nothing...
The administrator again typed down everyone's passport data...This time waiting took 1 hour....

We were almost happy to get our key...and didn't expect anything bad -sooo wrong... the number was 67b.
When we found the door 67 we thought -here it is , finally - shower and bed.
We opened the door and the corridor was full of smoke. Then we saw some guys' clothes and shoes... It turned out that the room 67 contained two rooms with shared corridor, bathroom and toilet...
And in the other room there were men.... And the administrator didn't think it was something horrible to give a room to 2 girls with shared bathroom with men...

In the morning they charged us 100 euro per those miserable 7 hours we spent in their hotel without breakfast on the edge of Moscow.

Enjoy your staying.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank OlgaP2011
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This hotel apartment is a nice place to stay; very well laid out rooms. I stayed for a week in a studio apartment setup. The Bedroom was neatly laid out; the kitchen was aptly setup with necessary vessels to cook. Microwave not provided which might be a downside here.
The hotel is spread across 2 buildings; BLD1 and BLD2.
The studio apartment where I was checked into (BLD2) was a 10 min walk away from the actual hotel complex; which houses the main reception area and the in-hotel restaurants.
Breakfast is served; which is traditional Russian. Pure vegetarians and people limiting their non-veg fare to Chicken only are best served to have breakfast by themselves. Even though they serve eggs sometimes, the main course is usually meat.
Another issue I had was communication; where English spoken by the reception staff is passable at best. Restaurant staff do not understand English.
I was also charged a fine of 50RUB for a "broken glass" during check-out. I kept my distance from the kitchen as I do not cook. I did not bother to use the cutlery or utensils provided. So am not sure about the broken glass. I strongly suggest having the housekeeping inspect your room in your presence during check-out.
The hotel is a stone-throw away from Orekhovo Metro station. So getting to Moscow city center is easy (28RUB fare one-way regardless of the distance covered). The same with the supermarkets...
City center is 25 minutes by metro and Domodedovo airport is 25 min by taxi.
No restaurants nearby (walking distance, except the ones in the Hotel)...the closest I could find on the map was at least 30 min walk; so did not bother to try it out.
All in all; a "Good" place to stay and cook for yourselves (Esp. vegetarians).
And yes, it is better to talk directly to a taxi driver for daily pick-up-and-drop to destination (min. fare 500RUB) as booking a taxi through reception would mean agreeing to a "pre-set" fare. (I paid fares ranging from 500 RUB to 950RUB to the same Taxi driver to reach my destination 10 min away as this was the fare agreed while booking; bookings done by reception staff)

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in Building 1; if you plan to use the restaurants in the hotel; especially during wint...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank nitshenoy
Moscow
Reviewed 25 April 2009

A very cheap, basic and typically soviet style hotel. Many of the rooms are even cheaper if you are willing to share a bathroom, which I did. The room was basic but clean and comfortable. The bathroom was modern and clean for a soviet hotel. Didn't use the restaurant, but did attempt to buy a bottle of wine from the bar. Didn't bother though after they told me it would cost 1000r, and you can buy the same bottle in a shop around the corner for 150r. Location is far from the center of Moscow, but you get what you pay for. The center is easy to reach on the Metro which is situated 5 mins away. The Metro takes 20-30 mins to the center.

• Stayed December 2007