“Near perfect”

Ranked #3 of 320 Hotels in Moscow
New Jersey
“Near perfect”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

A beautiful hotel with excellent service in every way. From the front desk, to the concierge, to housekeeping, some of the best service I have ever had! Room was small, but renovated; sleek and modern (loved the automatic shades). The location is perfect; one can easily walk to the shops and restaurants along the pedestian only streets, as well as the Red Square...and you can't beat walking out the door to the Bolshoi! Also convieniently located to the metro station and a large department store (stratsophere prices for high end labels only). The only negative is the high cost of the lounge and breakfast....way higher than NY prices, but hey, it's Moscow. The breakfast by the way, is fantastic, great hot plates and fresh and excellent cold buffet. Wouldn't bother with the lounge food, extremely pricey and not very tasty. All in all, I would stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BellaO6
Stephen_Ansell, General Manager at Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We are truly grateful for your time and delighted that you liked the new design of our rooms and service. Moscow is indeed an expensive city and I would like to assure you we do compare our prices with simlar properties regularly. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon and we will certainly do our very best to exceed your expectations.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Padova
Reviewed 13 December 2013

For sure one of best hotels in Moscow for location, design and services. Hotel is located in front of one of Zum's entrances near Bolshoi Theatre. Staff is really very professional, kind and skilled. Breakfast is rich. There is a buffet and a Menù a-la-carte. Fresh orange juice and espresso coffee are available without limits. Rooms are very well equipped. Curtains can be closed with a remote control from bed and I-phone charger is available. Wi-Fi is efficient everywhere. Bathroom has both bath and shower. SPA and Gym are very well equipped with sauna, swimming pool and steam bath.

Room Tip: All rooms are great and very well equipped.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Euram
Thank you very much for your comments and we are very happy that you enjoyed the experience of our new design and the smart home system. We look forward to welcoming you back to Moscow very soon!

New York
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was only my second trip to Moscow, my first stay having been at the Ritz Carlton six months ago. The rooms at the Park Hyatt are really nice, almost a Japanese elegance. I had Room 605, a room with twin beds and not much of a view, but really nicely furnished and huge. The fitness center is top notch, and I enjoyed a late bite in the classy Conservatory Bar on the roof, as well as a very good breakfast before I left. Service in he restaurants was very good. My only complaint was similar to what I read in another review about the expensive taxis. My company had booked a car for me, and the bellman who roam the lobby were almost rude and disapproving of the fact that I hadn't booked through them. The hotel charges plenty, and should not be making guests book cars at higher prices and lining the pockets of their bellmen this way. It is unseemly for a top notch business hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank UWSFoodFan
Stephen_Ansell, General Manager at Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we appreicate that you enjoyed our new design. I apologise for your experience with the transportation and thank you for bringing this to our attention. The hotel does offer a limousine service through a partner and prices are in line with other hotels in our category. We are also able to arrange City Taxis where we recommend prebooking to ensure availabilty. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon and we will do our very best to ensure that you enjoy your stay once more.

Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Which means poor service, not the best stuff and average food at crazy prices for everything, such as can of energy drink for 27$ in the minibar..
Will not come again here for sure, I have WAY better experience in other Moscow 5* hotels. As well with other Hayatt's round the world.
One more problem, that this hotel is based on the street with 24/7 crazy traffic and it took me 40 minutes to drive next 1.5 km..

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank RollsRoyce95
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sincerely sorry that we did not meet your expectations and would like to apologise for your experience, rest assured we will do our very best to do better should you return. Moscow prices are indeed high and the speciality drink that you refer to is priced similarly at other hotels in our category. Traffic is certainly an issue throughout Moscow, however recent traffic light improvements in our street have had a positive impact.

Paris, France
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great modern hotel, high standards, high quality in every sense of the word.
Location is just awesome, and staff from reception to bar and room service very good.
I had a good bargain because of summer period, but price can unfortunately raise up big time depending on period - and I am not sure I'll be able to afford it at a different period - but that's Moscow and you have to live with it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Paris, france
Reviewed 26 November 2013

From the speedy yet attentive check in, which included my being accompanied to my room and shown very feature to the personal goodbye by the manager at check out, this has been a great 3 days. Highlights; the details in the room, espresso machine AND water boiler, separate bath and shower, great amenities and towels, great internet; the excellent breakfast buffet together wityh the extremely fast coffee service-- at our table, we ordered 4 different kinds of coffee and they all got delivered.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here last Wednesday to Friday. Room 614. It is a beautiful looking hotel and the rooms are perfect. However the service is not ideal. Management do to return calls - this happened twice during my stay.

I emailed yesterday about some very important lost property and have still not heard back... Very disappointing from a 5* hotel. I will recommend my company takes its corporate account elsewhere

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business