“They leave nothing to be desired”

Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow
Ranked #14 of 310 Hotels in Moscow
Espoo, Finland
“They leave nothing to be desired”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

From my arrival till my departure, everything was perfect. Never ever was I asked why I wanted a cork screw or why I am having a bath just before midnight. Our room was always clean, exactly as expected.

The breakfast was what I expected, the best I can have. Only Kempinski delivers on the breakfast when I am hungry - I have tried it so many times. Thank you.

The hotel is quite reachable from the closest Metro station, 10 minutes from the train from the airport and ca. 5 minute walk from the metro.

And the Kreml, just look out from your room!

Room Tip: You can always ask for a view... "We would like to see the Kreml from our room" is enough...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Baltschug, Генеральный директор at Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear gzumba,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review about your stay, we are always happy to get a valuable feedback from a regular Kempinski guest. Your opinion will be shared with all relevant staff members.

We are delighted to know that the services provided met all your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow.

With kind regards,
Stephan Interthal
General Manager Hotel Baltschug Kempinski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Baltschug Kempinski is definitely a high class hotel. The room was spacious and supplied with all the necessities needed for our business trip. The main entrance of the hotel was rich and glamorous, it provided a very nice atmosphere. Kempinski offered to us a really nice luxury class transport for its clients for a very reasonable price, even unbelievable taking into consideration high prices of Moscow. The location is also amazing, we were walking distance away from the cultural center(Red square etc). We would definitely go back to this amazing place!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed here for the first time a few years ago and remade my acquaintance with it earlier this year. When I was last there (early 2007) I was loved up to the nth most degree and frankly it could've been awful and I wouldn't have cared, as I was there with my fiancee.

This time, I was there on business.

The staff of the hotel are well-spoken and highly knowledgeable. My Russian is - at best - rusty, but even my quite poor Russian was received well and replied to in Russian first, and then English. The reservations and reception staff are impeccable, the pool tremendous and the whole experience simply ... awesome.

I'll be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river: the view from the room will be most certainly be worth the sligh...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Croton on Hudson, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a lovely 3 night stay at this hotel. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
I have a bad back and I am never happy with a bed.
They put a pad on it for me and I slept like a baby.
It is close to Red Square.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pennyy2013
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is extremely well located and within easy walking distance of most attractions. The view of St Basils and the Kremlin was a feature. The rooms were fairly standard for a hotel of this class--no complaints.

The concierges were helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable so that's a plus when in an unfamiliar city. The restaurant was very pricy for what you got and wine exorbitantly priced although this seems to be common throughout the city. Service in the restaurant was slow (when it was empty--so don't know how it would be when busy) and knowledge of English (which like it or not is largely the common second language for most of the travelling world) was spasmodic amongst the waiting staff with considerable potential for a Fawltyesque outcome.

But overall, the hotel was clean, well located, and with helpful front desk staff. It's not cheap of course but that's par for the course in a city like this. If paying high prices for a 'hotel' meal grates, I'm sure there are other places to eat.

I'd stay again just for the location.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a Kremlin view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is our second visit to Kempinski moscow 5 nights last year and 11 nights this year :
Professional service , front office ,Reservation and the spa all great
The room cleaning just perfect . breakfast amazing ( can't be better )
Big thanks to Olga from the reservation and every one from the hotel
We ll be back next summer
Al Mansour family

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hotel-Baltschug, General Manager at Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Al Mansour family

Greetings from Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow.

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback and comments with us on TripAdvisor.

A valuable feedback from our loyal guests helps us to constantly improve our services from good to best.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your second stay with us and look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Lady in Red - Kempinski's brand ambassador who is at your service to ensure that your stay is effortless and enjoyable or me directly if we can be of any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Stephan Interthal
General Manager Hotel Baltschug Kempinski
Area Director Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed one night in this hotel at the end of a terrific river cruise from St Petersburg to Moscow. It was magnificent, and our room was beautiful. However, the cost of meals and beverages was very high with one of our group paying AU$18 for a simple cup of tea. We dined just up the road in a very good and reasonably priced facility.
If you are looking for first class then look no further.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple