Grand Hotel Belorusskaya
US$104
US$148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Mercure Moscow Paveletskaya(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$88
Peter I(Moscow)
US$214
US$209
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Vega Hotel & Convention Center(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$316
US$225
Agoda.com
US$364
US$327
US$680
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The hotel is close to the Belorusskaya station but its difficult for a non-Russian speaking person to locate it because the sign is in Russian outside the hotel ! As the previous reviewer, there was some problem with the payment too. The room looked quite grand with the (fake) diamond studded bed and fancy table light etc. But, it was quite cold in the room & the AC didnt work. Also, there is no way to let in fresh air since the windows cannot be opened ! Right beside the hotel is a office and from the bathroom window, I could see the office and there was no curtain !! The breakfast was also quite poor and didn't taste fresh at all. There was hardly any variety, especially for vegetarian in terms of hot food. Also, I could hear everything from the room next to me and worst thing was my 'neighbor' came back really late at night & kept fiddling with the key at the door and I woke up with a fright because it sounded as though he was trying my door ! Either he was or it just sounded that way!

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the office next door!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Amrapali Z
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Hotel placed in a really convenient part of Moscow, 50 metres from Belaruskaja metro and train station, and 100 metres from some very good restaurants (Torro Grill, Osteria della Piazza Bianca and Coffemania).
I stayed in a double bedroom, convenient and confortable, with a small toilet.
The room was cold at my arrival, so the personnel gave a small heater which was ok but of course not optimal (the toilet was still colder1 than the main room). Heating was turned for all on on the 1st October, so from that on the issue was solved.
The walls are quite thin, so you can hear anything from surrounding rooms and from the street ( Solvable with ear plugs I had, but again not optimal).
Breakfast had a very small selection of sweet food but larger of salted one, but 50 meters there's a Starbucks, so issue was solved again easily.

Personnel at the desk were gentle and speaking good English.
Overall a good solution, especially because of the room quality and the excellent location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear part are quieter, as the front one are facing directly Belaruskaja Station and car traffic. Entrance is difficult to find, as it is inside a Commercial centre and the name is written only in Russian alphabet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AlbP2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Hotel is next to Belorusskaya station, close to the center and to the express train to the airport, metro 100 m from the Hotel. Room was nice and clean. No heating. Outside temperature was 12... Only bad thing was that you heard everything from the rooms next to you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fintraveler44years
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel in the period of 26-30.08.13 with my colleague on a business trip. The stay was prepaid by our company's credit card. The following statement was provided by the Booking.com after the credit card was cleared:
The total price of the reservation will be charged on the day of booking.
With this in mind we set out for the trip fully confident that the hotel stay has been completely paid for. Little did we know.
Upon our arrival at the hotel, we were told by a receptionist that the credit card was used for booking purposes only and that we must shell out the complete price for the stay. The rationale mentioned was that the hotel used to be a victim of scams so they must make sure that the credit card belongs to one of the guests. Despite such a policy, they had not bothered to pay attention to the fact that the names on the company's credit card and guest names differ and they never contacted us before departure.
Aware of our total amazement and shock, they let us stay at the hotel while keeping us in tension throughout the stay by deactivating our keys every other day. In other words we were being treated like swindlers. They put forward a requirement that our company provides very sensitive information containing copies of both credit card sides plus a copy of the bearer's passport and a letter confirming bearer's approval of the payment. Quite naturally, our company did not agree to provide the above information. In view of the impasse, we were left with no other choice than to make payment with my own credit card.
The last bit of humiliation awaited us on the last day. We asked for late checkout. The hotel told us that we should make additional payment for that which we accepted. However, they would not let us pay at departure still treating us like full-fledged swindlers! Our attempt at persuading their senior administrator was in vain, so we had to pay on the spot.
Interestingly, two other hotels on that very trip did accept the payment on the day of booking and treated us respectfully.
For the sake of all other travelers to Moscow, please take care to not fall into the trap we fell into. The vestiges of their Soviet past are still very much in evidence. Please make sure before the trip they play by the Western rules.
On the other note, the hotel is quite far from the accepted western standards for a typical 4-star hotel. I will not comment on very kitschy interior in the rooms but the lack of tea/coffee and substandard breakfast and service do not measure up to 2-star hotels I stayed at in the West. The touted all-areas Wi-Fi did not work in the evening for hours on end.
BEWARE!

Room Tip: Avoid this place
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Ariel857
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The good:
- Hotel is next to Belorusskaya station, close to the center and to the express train to the airport
- It is not expensive (for Moscow)

The Bad:
- The hotel is not clean (white stains on carpet, etc)
- Facilities are faulty (flooding sink, hairdryer not working properly, ...)
- Breakfast is poor in choice and quality (plus slow service; no knives for 15 min, etc)
- Reception staff speaks very basic English, so if you have an issue there is nothing they can do for you
- My room was full of mosquitoes, so not much sleep at night
- You need to keep your curtains closed, because 5 meters from your window there is an office building
- During my stay I didn't have electricity in the room in the morning, so I went to reception to ask them to fix it. By the time I came back to the hotel (around 6pm) they still had done nothing bout it!

All in all, it is not worth staying here. I am sure there are better alternatives for the same price.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, try to take something not facing the office building next to the hotel, but rather the main square
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business