Novotel, like TripAdvisor reviews, are on the surface pre-packaged events. You see the review rating, you read the first 100 words and you think, cool... that hotel sounds OK I'll book it, equally you walk into a Novotel and know the bed will be of a high standard, there'll be a minibar with room service and the staff will speak English... But deep down is that really why you choose? For us the Novotel Moscow City represented excellent value for money by Moscow standards, the rate averaged $180 AUD per night, which for its location and quality is almost an unbelievable price. In addition to this they threw in complementary accommodation for our daughter, (including all her meals gratis) and a gift on arrival, (a wrist band which she is still chewing). They also supplied a cot and were exceptionally helpful in meeting her needs.
Further, the hotel itself is almost brand new, the rooms top notch with lots of space and light, but it is the hotels location that is a real draw card. Situated above two Moscow Metro train stations, you can with a bit of wit, negotiate the metro system for a fraction of the cost of taxi, the Kremlin is but four stops away and on route to the station you pass through the Afimall City shopping mall, food courts to top quality restaurants, shopping and supermarkets.
The foyer is 5 star and the ease with with we could organise a car for the airport or quality dining experience made our stay even more enjoyable, the bar felt homely yet modern and the Wifi is free.
Clearly with proximity, quality and service this Novotel stands out from the rest, I'd like this review to do the same and suggest the 4 stars I have graded this establishment do not do this hotel justice. Accordingly I am employing a sub review scoring system based on what I look for in a hotel, particularly when a hotel is a 4star++ but not mind blowing like my absolute favourites, thus sub 5 stars.
1. Service and ability for the hotel to deal with our issues, baby related - AWESOME
2. Value for money - room rate was EXCELLENT, dinner was OK, coffee was far too EXPENSIVE
3. Room service - little SLOW
4. Location - EXCELLENT
5. Room quality - EXCELLENT
6. Staff friendliness - BRILLANT (Amazing for Moscow)
7. Business centre - OUT OF INK
Bottom line I would stay here again and totally recommend it as a choice Moscow location for both business traveler and tourist
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Moscow City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.