My UNFORGETTABLE memory in Russia started from this hotel, not Kremlin or Red Square.
Location - It is next to a Metro in a residential area
Hotel Decoration - Soviet Union style
Sightseeing - Novodevichi Convent is near the hotel
Shopping - There is a supermarket next to the hotel
1) No air conditioners - I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and the room was very very hot although the hotel provided us a fan. The air circulation was poor so that you feel you were trapped in a room. You will find yourself more comfortable and cooler on the street.
2) Poor management at the front desk
When we checked in, we pay the hotel fee. On the 2nd night, they said they calculated the room charge wrongly so that I paid the balance by credit card. They didn't give the receipt back and I forgot to do so as it was midnight and a lot of guests were waiting for check in.
On the 3rd day, we checked out at 6.45am as we planned to take the train to Vladimir at 8.15am. (the next train will be at noon) When we checked out, the front desk said 1) we have booked 2 rooms and 2) we didn’t pay the balance.
Incident 1) At that moment, we discovered the registration sheet the hotel gave us on the 1st day showing the room was not the one we stayed. The room number was a WRONG one. So, they said we stayed two rooms.
Incident 2) They stop us from leaving as they asked for the extra balance payment but the front desk didn't give me the receipt back before so that I could not provide. We argued with the front desk lady. The lady on the front desk phoned to another reception A, I talked to reception A, she insisted we never pay the balance. 25 mins later, the reception called reception B who handled the payment at night finally agreed that the payment had been settled.
After the 30 mins argument and clarification, we were already 30 mins LATE!
In hot summer, we took two big suitacases to go upstairs and downstairs in the Metro!
My husband and I worried to miss the train. We ran and sweated in the metro, finally, we got on the train which was 1 mins to depart! (Next train will be 4 hours later, so, we must catch the train!)
We stayed in Russia for 17 days and stayed for 4 hotels. Glad that Yunost gave us an unforgettable memory during the trip.
Please think twice before you book this hotel.
I sincerely recommend the hotel provides special training for the staff at the reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yunost Hotel reflects almost half a century of Russian traditions of hospitality and highest European standards. Today, the Yunost Hotel represents the most advanced European approaches in the hotel industry. We understand the needs and expectations of your guests and their right to exceptional service. This understanding is backed up by our longstanding experience in this area. The Yunost ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Yunost Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.