I've stayed in some of the world's top hotels (look at my other reviews on Tripadvisor). This is truly a top hotel, both in the quality of construction, and the service. Here are some factual observations:
1. This hotel is VERY expensive, but it is what it is. Moscow is ridiculously expensive, so it is to be expected. For what it is worth, for the dates I was in Moscow, the Ritz was cheaper than the Intercontinental and the Park Hyatt. The service was very good, but it was not "stuffy" like lots of other hotels that I've been to (e.g., the Bangkok Mandarin). Same goes for the environment.
2. The concierge was misinformed about some issues. They gave me incorrect information about when Lenin's tomb was open, and they seemed to not know much about how to visit the Kremlin. It was a little surprising as these are key tourist spots!!
3. The rooms are VERY nice. High quality construction and they have thought about many things that I haven't seen in other hotels (e.g., a heated mirror in the shower, a power plug IN the safe, and a ring dish on the sink).
4. The Internet is FREE and fast!!! FINALLY a high end hotel that doesn't gouge you on the Internet.
5. The gym was ok. The equipment was high tech, but I would have expected it to be little better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just off the Red Square, next to the Kremlin, in the heart of cultural and business center of Russia's capital, The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow features the largest guest rooms and suites providing cutting edge technological amenities. The hotel in Moscow, Russia offers a string of luxurious amenities including world-class dining options - O2 Lounge with summer terrace on the 12th floor with breathtaking panoramic view over the Kremlin and Red Square, Cafe Russe presentic European cuisine and some Russian highlights, Pan-Asian restaurant Novikov Restaurant & Bar, a beauty salon, barber spa, Fitness Center and spacious full-service The Ritz-Carlton Spa featuring 14 treatment rooms, as well as a heated indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and steam rooms. With more than 1,100 square meters / 11,436 square feet of meeting space including the Ballroom accommodating events of up to 700 guests, The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow will welcome attendees in style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Hotel Moscow
- Moscow Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Moscow
- Ritz-Carlton Moscow