“Excellent location and staff”

The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow
Ranked #9 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Outstanding location. Staff were completely engaged in customer service. Ask for a room on the street - we had room 641, and view was excellent.
Buffet breakfast was expansive and quite good. A jewel in the ritz Carlton family!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2014

no words to describe this amazing hotel. the room, perfect in all details, amazing breakfast and great bar/restaurant on the roof terrace with view of the red square. very elegant and super classy lobby. staff very kind, professional yet approachable. of course expensive, coke from the minibar at around $10 but that's part of the experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very good location, next to the red square and in walking distance to most major attraction. Very friendly, warm and professional stuff. Excellent service. The lobby has a very lexurious feeling to it. Spacious room, can see part of the Kremlin from the high floor room we were in. Very clean, however, house kee;ing standard can be improved. The roof top bar is awesome: good drinks and fantastic view.

Room Tip: High floor delux rooms have view over the red square/Kremlin. Junior suits are a lot larger however...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is the best Ritz Carlton I ever stayed in. The location is just next to The Red Square and all you need. Restaurants, shopping etc..
The lobby is amazing, big and very elegant. The receptionists are very friendly and very prepared for your visit.
Rooms are of a very high standard. The bed is amazing, as always in this hotel chain. The bathroom is great but the lights around the mirror is a bit too weak after my taste. My wifi didn't work, but the lobby wifi is very good.
The breakfast restaurant is fantastic and the food is of the usual five star standard you would expect.
I am very impressed. And I do travel a lot..!!
I will be back....!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Ladies & Gentlemen at The Ritz Carlton Moscow thoroughly spoiled us, they made our stay wonderful & memorable.

We Visited Moscow for 3 nights after our 4 day trip from Saint Petersburg.
We were picked up from the airport by the Hotel car.

On arrival at our Hotel, We were greeted at The Ritz Carlton with a warm traditional Russian welcome, a young girl dressed in traditional Russian dress welcomes us by serving Bread & salt, later we were escorted to The Carlton Suite which was very extravagant. 2 bedrooms 2 ½ bathrooms a large living room dining area & bar, of course an magnificent view of the Kremlin & Red Square. The Rooms were rather opulent & traditional but well appointed with all amenities one can think of, large spacious Bathrooms, separate showers & bath, toilet areas bath luxury amenities by Apery.
The Ladies & Gentlemen surprised us daily with refreshing drinks, champagne, chocolates, fruits & amenities. The Beds were very comfortable "heavenly"!

The O2 Roof top bar was simply stunning with unbeatable views of the red square. The menu looked very delicious & was hard to pick so ended up ordering many dishes off the menu & all delicious & well presented.
The Club lounge was also very convenient having 3-4 services daily, or maybe even all through the day wouldn't know as we simply did breakfast here and an evening glass of wine. The lounge had spectacular views as well.

The concierge was very well informed who put together a wonderful list of must visit restaurants like Cafe Pushkin etc. Even the tour guide organised for us to visit the Kremlin was top notch.

The Location couldn't be better located across from the Red Square & the Kremlin & on the expensive & centrally located street Tverskaya.
What I liked was the convenience the Hotel had an ATM & a Bank inside the premises.

We expected Luxury & thats exactly what the Ladies & Gentleman of the Ritz Carlton delivered. Thank You!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor with views of the Red square & Kremlin. Preferable a club level floor to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The service at this property was out of this world! My husband and I took a weekend trip to St. Petersburg via speed train. Right before we were about to leave I realized I couldn’t find some medication I had. Finally we had to make the decision to leave it or miss the train. We told the front desk before we left it was missing. The Ritz searched the room while we were gone. Apparently someone located the medication and drove it 12 hours !!! Drove 12 hours !!! The Ritz called at 1am and delivered the meds to the front desk of our hotel in St Petersburg. No bill – just mind-blowing service.

After traveling around the world all we wanted to do was shower and nap once we arrived at the Ritz Carlton. We were promptly greeted and warmly ushered into an amazing room. We are Marriott Platinum members so the stay included an upgraded room, free breakfast and free internet -- all on points. The room was big and beautiful, rich glossy wood everywhere you look. Plenty of closest space. Cute little balcony but you couldn’t actually open the window. Room was kept very clean and full of cool gadgets like TVs in the bathroom mirror.

Room service was quick and delicious. After our nap we visited the O2 Lounge, it was Saturday at 10pm. It was really quite but trendy décor. The Lounge had an amazing view from the roof top deck – but it was freezing out there with the wind. We got a lounge table by the bar- sushi was good but very expensive as were the drinks. But totally worth it.

The gym and breakfast were one of our favorite parts of the day. The gym was empty and adequately equipped. Breakfast was AMAZING . The service at breakfast was the best throughout the hotel. Eggs made to order, salad, cheeses, potatoes, bacon, pastries and much more.

Ritz was in the perfect location for walking; you are literally a street across from Red Square, tons of amazing restaurants, nightlife, and shopping. There is a subway stop right outside the front door. There is a lot of security, which was a little creepy at first but at the end of the day we felt safe.

We love you Ritz Moscow !!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've chosen The Ritz-Carlton for my 3 days business trip, because of it's name and location. After my overnight flight I decided to have a short nap, and later on was very surprised to find number of itching bites on my legs but didn't pay much attention to it first. The following night I felt that there is something in bed as I had terrible skin irritation, that turned into bruises and hematoma!!!
First thing in the morning I called reception telling them this terrible story. They refused to admit that it was bed bugs and insisted that it might be some allergy reaction. I asked them to call a doctor that will determine - whether it's is allergy reaction or the result of insects biting. The doctors ( again they called ambulance instead of a normal doctor since it's free of charge) made a report that it was skin reaction to bites of undetermined insects!
After that the hotel offered me a room upgrade but I had to change it two times as the first offered room smelled bad after smoking (despite they claimed that its a non-smoking hotel). I felt very stressed and disappointed and unfortunately a room upgrade was as far as their service level could go.

I was also upset with the poor quality of breakfast, room cleanliness, staff's ability to anticipate guests needs. I am still wondering what will happen to me later on, and what impact will these bites have on my health as the bed bugs could transfer infections and diseases.

I am going to complain to the GM of The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow by email since the guest relations officers did not set up a meeting with him for me. I hope that this letter would lead to substantial changes in the hotel management and service quality with a proper response and follow up to such outstanding incidents occurring with the guests.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
12  Thank Zhanarkali
Ekaterina G, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We regret that your experience in Moscow turned out to be so challenging. However it is for the first time that we received a complaint on the issue you had mentioned. Thanks for the invitation to be in touch with you directly which we most certainly would like to do.

Respectfully,