“Great location, but...”
Review of Peter I

Peter I
Ranked #39 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed 8 February 2012

that's about it for the highlights on this one. Windows couldn't be opened, heat couldn't be turned down, bathroom smelled mildly mildew-y despite being spotlessly clean. Bed was fine, breakfast good, free fast wifi in lobby. Conclusion: there's got to be better deals in town, I'll b looking for one next time business takes me to Moscow.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank AnsgarAbroad

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Found through Expedia. It has turned out to be an excellent surprise for me. I was additionally lucky since it was snowing so peacefully. Kremlin, Tsum, Bolshoy all of them are withing walking distance. It is huge luxury if you think of the terrible traffic of Moscow.
Kuznetsky Most Metro station is only 150meters away.
If you arrive at beautiful Sheremetyevo D or E or F terminal take the Aeroexpress and reach within 35minutes to Belorusskaya train station. Then take the metro to K. Most.
Never ever use a taxi in Moscow. You will miss all Your appointments.

Peter I is a very good value hotel.

Room Tip: Street view is not the greatest. Hence You should either work in the room or walk to everywhere. The...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank JuanCarlos_11
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed there for 2 nights this month! The location couldnt be better in moscow, right next to tsum and few steps from bolshoi and red square. Service very good, rooms very cleaned and specious but need to be designed in better colours as is too classic. For me at least. With this location if it would be renovated in more modern design that would be the best ! Cause has a good gym, sauna, steam bath and spa! Locationwise wouldnt be better!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank kikola12
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Good hotel in the centre of Moscow. As all other hotels in moscow expensive!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard4570
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Stayed here for an extended weekend in october.
First off, the standard is not five star, it´s not as luxurys and the pampering is not what you wolud expect at a five star hotel, they should provide free wi-fi.
Still it´s a good hotel. The high points being ,the great location and the rooms are also verry spaiouis and comftarble.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I had a really clean, spacious room with a comfy bed and large bathroom. It was on the 5th floor and could still hear the traffic which didn’t bother me but perhaps ask for a side room if you are a light sleeper. The breakfast was great, with a large choice of hot and cold options. Moscow is an expensive city but actually wasn’t as bad as I thought. A beer in the hotel was £6 and I had a gorgeous soup in the bar for £5. Its a great hotel to stay in anyway but the highlight is definitely that its only a 5-10min walk to all the sights. The Metropole and the Ararat Hyatt are slightly closer and looked like lovely hotels but I imagine the price difference is huge. The staff we met in the Peter 1st were friendly and polite, we ended up booking our transfer back to the airport with them.
We had a lovely meal at a restaurant called Dodo’s which was about 5 min walk north of the hotel. It is a gorgeous restaurant that doesn’t feel touristy at all (but does have an English translation in the menu) A meal for 2 with drinks (4 bottles of beer and 2 cocktails) was £80. Cocktails were cheaper than bottles of beer. The menu was seasonal with a cocktail list to match, I had a lovely mushroom & hazelnut risotto with a chilli baked butternut squash and my friend had a beef ravioli.... both fantastic and we had autumnal vodka cocktails as recommended by the waiter.
It is always good to be cautious but I felt that many of my fears of safety were unfounded. Moscow, bizarrely felt really quiet compared to London. We found it really easy to get around and booked a fantastic day tour with Moscow Private Tours, simply to avoid the hassle of trying to buy tickets and read signs but it was probably the best thing we did as we learnt so much about the city from a local point of view.
My only negative point about Moscow was the traffic. If you are going to get taxi transfers from the airports then definitely give yourself extra time... even more so than is advised. Our transfer into Moscow at 5pm on a Thursday took 1hr 15 min but the transfer back at 2.30pm on a Saturday took over 2 hours and the journey was pretty hair-raising, it was the only time I felt unsafe during my time there. Although it takes a long time, for me personally I still would have taken a taxi rather than try and navigate the train/tube option. I’m sure if you are well prepared it will be fine but I personally didn’t want the hassle and risk going the wrong way. It worked out about £50 for a taxi each way.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kat B
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Visiting Moscow for just three days we decided for the Peter 1. Location is rather good, two blocks from the Bolshoi and about eight blocks from the Kremlin, For viisiting Moscow in spring or summer is quite good. The hotel is standard for the stars they show. There are some things like the internet that you have to pay that is quite incomprehensible for this kind of hotel. We had to get the manager who gave us a complimentary card because it was just to keep in touch with the family. We had also a problem with the shower that leaked so we had to change rooms.
Breakfast was ok. The previous contacts with the hotel by e-mail were accurate and good. The staf was polite but not out of the way to help.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple