“Absolutely Stunning”

Ranked #40 of 309 Hotels in Moscow
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Absolutely Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed the rooms n the location. The hotel is tastefully done up. All key attractions in moscow are within walking distance of the hotel. The street is quiet n lovely. Close by there are plenty of eateries n bars.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and its location. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon!

Yours sincerely,
Peter I hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Booked this hotel because this was a 5 star hotel for 200 US a night for a doble room, thats cheap. Moscow is said to have the most expensive hotel prices in the world, but this one is not. The hotel is central and i walking distance to the red square, gum, tsum, bolsjioj, shopping, and clubs at night. We spent 3 nights here and the reception was very helpful. The rooms are as expected on a 5 star hotel, but in my opinion this is more as a 4 star. Clean, spacious and breakfast included. They also have free wifi here. When ordering a taxi prepare to wait for hours. Instead try to take the metro if your not going to the airport.

Room Tip: Room on the higher floors facing the Russian National Bank.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear guest!
Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We are delighted to read that you have appreciated our location, the service and the staff attention. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Best wishes,
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I spent 3 nights in Hotel Peter the 1st from 22-25.07.2014. We were located in standard room number 389, which I will highly recommend you to avoid !!! It is more the area where the room is located than the room itself which gives problems, because there is a very noisy restaurant located just below your windows, playing live and noisy music until after midnight...
We arrived in the evening by taxi from the airport on 22.07.2014, check in was smooth and efficient and portier (not a very smilling one...) assisted us with our luggages up to our room. Note that you will have to use your room key to use the lift. There was free wifi in the main hall but not inside the room. Most important points to know about this hotel are that location is very good, less than 5 minutes walk to reach Bolschoï Theater and 15 minutes to reach Red Square by foot. However, when looking at the hotel entrance from the main street, avoid to get a room located on the left side of the hotel as there is a very noisy restaurant playing loud live music until late in the evening, you will not be able to sleep peacefully... The hotel has a swimming pool at 28 degrees Celsius, a small jaccuzzi and a very hot turkish bath. They will provide you with towels at the pool reception, on request.

So, to resume our stay, I will say that :

Positive points :
----------------------
1) Free wifi at the reception.
2) 1 small bottle of water free of charge per day in bathroom.
3) Rooms are large with high ceiling.
4) Location is very close to Bolschoï Theater and to Red Square by foot.
5) There is always someone from hotel security at the entrance of the hotel.

Points to be improved :
-------------------------------
1) Very noisy restaurant on ground floor, located just next to the hotel, playing loud live music until late in the evening.
2) Pressure of water in the shower/bathroom was very low.
3) Only 2 bath robes were inside our bathroom, but we were 3...
4) Beds were not though enough.
5) No free wifi inside the rooms.
6) Room service did not replace the handkerchief box which was empty in our bathroom and removed one of our room key which we intentionnally left inside it's location next to entrance door.
7) No real view from the windows.
8) In the breakfast restaurant, red seats are getting used and old, better to change them soon...

Well, also be informed that traffic jam and general cars circulation in Moscow are awful ! People are really driving like crazy and you can feel easily unsafe, depending on the driver. We had 2 bad experiences but by chance no fights and no accidents, but it was very close to...

Well, that's it. We will most probably change our hotel choice next time, to see something new and maybe more quiet. I will soon add some photos of our stay so you see what I'm talking about.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you for your detailed review. I certainly apologize for the problems that you experienced. We take these comments very seriously and will follow up on the problems you've pointed out. I would like to clarify that we do have free wifi in all hotel areas. Also you can rent an additional bathrobe at reception desk. We are sorry if these options weren't communicated to you properly by our staff. Nevertheless we are happy to see that you generally enjoyed your stay with us and we would be delighted to be able to welcome you again.

Best wishes,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was a beautiful old hotel within walking distance of shopping and restaurants...very comfortable overnighter for us...staff on counter excellent although the bar staff did not like us asking for ice ...very clean..bath was very high indeed...would be hard for the elderly....had a unique shoe cleaning device in the hall..which was excellent...full befit breakfast but had to ask for toast...Interpretation was a little difficult...walking distance to red square and The beautiful Gum shopping store on the edge of the red square a must to see.

Room Tip: I think all would be OK
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear guest!
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor following your recent stay in Moscow! We are delighted to read that you have appreciated our location, the service and the staff attention. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Yours sincerely,
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I would give Peter I five stars if it would be a 4-star hotel. Peter I’s location is superb, the service is friendly, and breakfasts are excellent. Nothing else deserves five stars in this hotel. We stayed in a “standard” room which was standard for a three-four star hotel. Clean and spacious but nothing outstanding. The bathroom is miniature with no bathtub. It looks like the shower is a later, poorly made, addition (three stars at most). The hotel has a strange system for the Wi-Fi access. The front desk gives you passwords for each computer. The passwords expire in three days. Then you need to get a new password. The main problem that computers (I had three) do not memorize passwords and you need to enter them whenever you start your computer. This is annoying. The good thing is that Wi-Fi is free.
Recommendation: if you need a taxi, order it yourself (there are plenty of taxi websites in Moscow). If you do this through the front desk, the price will at least double.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexander L
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the problems that you experienced. We take these comments very seriously, and I can assure you we will be taking steps to make sure all units are working to optimum efficiency – we will follow up on the problems you've pointed out. We appreciate your comments, and hope that you will give us another chance to be of service.

Yours sincerely, Svetlana Khardikova
Bunbury, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed 4 nights at this conveniently located hotel. Check in was pretty efficient. The room we had was reasonably spacious for an old refurbished building, clean with high ceilings. The bed was comfortable however the pillows a little too big for my liking. There was no pillow menu provided.
Bathroom was average sized and clean. There was no coffee or tea making facilities and as we were not using the mini bar, it was kept locked which prevented us from using the fridge. The bathroom heating was overworking so we had a “sauna” bathroom. Apparently there was no way of turning the heating down or so we were told. There was no ironing board or iron provided in the room.
There was a nice heated pool in the basement.
Pianist playing in the bar/lounge area which was nice when having snacks.
Biggest problem was the reception. Although there was a receptionist on duty, they tend not to answer the phone where possible.(after 7.00pm) Getting a bucket of ice was difficult and when successful took over 45mins to arrive. When we asked for the laundry to be picked up, we were told in no uncertain terms ….. “that it was not his cup of tea….?” We ultimately got it picked up the next day when we found the housekeeping staff in the corridor.
I do not recall seeing anyone one staff member smile and the only time the porter smiled was when I tipped him when we left.
Wi-Fi was included and was reasonably fast. Breakfast was totally forgettable.
This Hotel’s best point was that it was very conveniently located and was within walking distance to the Kremlin, Red Square,St Basil's church, Bolshoi theatre, GUM and TSUM shopping galleries and the walking mall with lots of shops & restaurants nearby.
Stay in this hotel for the convenience but do not expect any particular standard of service from room service and reception.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BunburyTim61
Dear guest!
I thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your visit at Peter I hotel.
I feel really sorry to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Yours sincerely, Svetlana Khardikova
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you are visiting Moscow, whether for business or pleasure, you probably want to be in the centre. From this point of view Peter 1 is hard to beat. Just a few minutes from Red Square and the Kremlin, you can explore some of this fascinating city's most famous landmarks on foot. It is also very close to the city's metro system. Of course Moscow is expensive, and by European standards is an expensive hotel. In Moscow it represents pretty good value. The staff were very courteous and friendly, and quick to sort out any problems. My room was very comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast was good.
There is a nice small swimming pool on the ground floor. The hotel also has a nice boutique atmosphere. If you are coming to Moscow, Peter 1 is a good option for the city centre.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank gerdunn
Ksenia M, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback relating to your recent stay with us.
We are happy to know that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our location, breakfast and overall stay.
Your kind words about our staff were shared with our team who are also very glad to know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed. It is certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Peter I soon.

With kind regards,