“Great views from a superb bar - a must visit”

City Space Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 269 Nightlife in Moscow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: City Space Bar & Restaurant is one of the highest panoramic restaurants in Moscow regularly taking top positions in the most prestigious ratings in a bar world. Breathtaking panoramic views of the city, delicious cuisine, unique cocktails, Swiss hospitality as well as a good location make City Space one of the best places for a romantic evening and acquaintance with Moscow.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

While on a recent business trip to Moscow one of the guys got a reservation at City Space Bar. He eulogised about how good it was meant to be. He was not wrong!!!
The entry to the bar is through the Swiss hotel foyer which is impressive in its own right, but when arriving at the 34th floor the fun really begins. The Space Bar is by invitation only,( or a reservation in the executive rooms at the hotel), so without a reservation I believe it is not possible to enter and I suspect the discrete " security" guard is on hand to ensure there is no issues with the beautiful women who greets you on arrival. Once in you are led to your table and the panoramic views of the city are truly stunning!! I would advice going early evening and seeing the transformation of the city from daylight into night is well worth it.
The waiters are very attentive and speak very good English.
The cocktails are a must and are a work of art in their own right, ( my personal favourite was the whiskey sour, but I'm told the Long Island Ice tea was superb).
The food menu is fantastic and the meal we had was one (if not the best), meal we had in Moscow.
The bar has a fantastic sound system and a DJ who is absolutely superb, the music is spot on and sets a great atmosphere for your evening.
I since have found it is rated as one of the "coolest" bars in the world in a magazine and I would not argue with it.
I could not find fault with the service,drinks,food,music,views at all, but possibly the lighting could be a little softer as the night progresses.
It's not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but quality costs and I will defiantly return when in Moscow again.
I would recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank Vinnyboy99

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is a Bar where you can have a nice view of Moscow City if you are willing to tolerate the stinky smoke coming from the hundred of people smoking there.. :(

1  Thank JuanCitoCruz24
Reviewed 22 March 2014

There are just five words i can use to explain what is the competitive advantage of this bar..

Tastes.View.Service.Atmosphere.Recommended.

3  Thank YannisFChatzis
Reviewed 25 February 2014

On suggestion of our guide in Moscow, we reserved a table for the last day of our visit in Moscow.
We enjoyed a view of the night city and wonderful drinks we had in the bar. We also like the service of the staff, speaking perfect English and being very polite. The only thing we did not like was booking online. I think they must work on this, as we tried to book online, but none of our inquiry was replied or confirmed. We had to ask our guide to book for us, she gave a call and reserved for us, only then we were sure we were going to have seats.
Anyway, it was the best bar we visited in Moscow!

1  Thank LisaEaton
Reviewed 17 February 2014

While it's not located in an obvious hot spot area like Pokrovka or Petrovka Ulitsa, it's not a bad place to go for an evening as nearby there are restaurants and other bars in walking distance if you were to go bar hopping for the night. I went in early February 2014 and the lobby was undergoing some renovations or minor upgrades it seems, and was quite modern. As for the bar itself, the carpet was a bit old and shoddy but in general the facilities were lovely. The views were definitely great- going in the winter and at night I thought there wouldn't be much to see, but there WAS a great view. I had a table out at the window, but honestly there isn't a bad seat to be found as the inner seats and tables are elevated.

Most incredible was how great the service was. At the hotel lobby as well as at the bar, everyone was exceedingly professional, friendly, and evening smiling! That's something you rarely find out in Moscow! Drinks were as expected, starting at 700 rubles for a cocktail or glass of wine.

Again, besides the slightly old carpeting (reminds you of a Courtyard Marriott hotel out in the middle of nowhere USA), the lighting situation could have improved. We arrived at midnight, and it was unusually bright. The seats and tables were all full of people, so I don't know if the lights were bright to get people to finish up so they could close up for what but would have been better if it was dimmed more.