“Exceeded expectations in every way!”
Review of Maxima Slavia

Maxima Slavia
Ranked #92 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed 22 June 2010

My wife and I, along with our 4 year old son, stayed one night at the Maxima Slavia. The staff was friendly, the rooms were modern and clean. We stayed in the "family room", which had a king size bed, a large sitting area (with fold out couch), a separate room with a bunk bed for kids, and a large bath room. The room is actually bigger than what is shown on the web site. There is also air conditioning, a big plus. The room cost $130, which is a bargain in Moscow. Receptionist spoke English.

At 5:30am, my wife had a killer headache. Reception called for a doctor (hospital is nearby), and a doctor arrived within 5 minutes.

We went to the nearby "Kva-Kva" water park (which was the purpose of our trip) and had a blast. The hotel provided discounted tickets to the park. We are already planning a return trip (we live about 300km south of Moscow).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank higgins1990

Reviewed 29 April 2010

Hard for travelling.
Too far from centre or metro.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Innka
Reviewed 25 December 2009

Maxima Slavia is a very comfortable hotel, modern and clean. We really liked staying there and we would like to recommend it to you all. We booked it through Easy Click web site and we were very happy we did so. It is a bit far from the center but we didn't care.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank budha01
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 6 January 2009

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I will rate the hotel and transportation problems separately. After reading some of the reviews, I was expecting the worst. Actually, the place is quite nice. It's a little distance from a busy road and right next to a large supermarket. Different machines to change money in different ways are located in the lobby. The reception staff seemed a little abrupt, but less than 0.00001% of my week-long stay there was spent in contact with any of the staff.

The rooms are pleasant and the generous size surprised me. Air-conditioning was needed during the first part of the week, and it was not working. Heating was needed the rest of the time, but it wasn't on for the season yet. We were able to use the Internet in the business center for free.but it cost 50 rubles to print a page.

Meals at the hotel (all breakfasts and some dinners) were fine, tasty, and quite adequate. Nice amenities in the bathroom, including extra, high-quality toilet paper and plenty of towels.

Moscow has a severe traffic problem--lots of them in fact. This hotel is located some distance from the center of town and jams assure that it will take more time than you want at any time of the day or night. You make your choice: a far-out hotel that you can afford or an in town hotel hovering around USD800 per night--cheaper if you are lucky.

We were on a tour, and transportation was provided by the tour operator. If I had to provide my own, I probably wouldn't be pleased, but the hotel itself is fine, and I would return there.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 29 May 2008

The staff is courteous, but that's it.
Someone wrote a review giving 4 stars for this hotel. I'm sorry but this person probably stays in a Hostel (or is a friend of the owner).
And the worst thing: is far from everything. They offer transportation(very few schedules) to the subway; takes about 30 minutes or more, in a hell of transit and after that you still have a long way to downtown (changing stations).
The breakfast reminded me the time of communism here.
The price they charge is ridiculous for what they offer.
Remember my words. Even if you have to pay a little more to stay closer to the city center, please DO IT, or you'll regret.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank BEMVENUTTI
Reviewed 2 May 2008

This is really not a bad hotel at all. Do NOT be turned off by the rude staff. In fact, it's not rude - it's just "different". Take any interest in the staff or show any level of kindness to them and they will pour out anything and everything you need! My stay was really nice and I needed the staff to help track down a lost/delayed bag - I took their outward manners to mean they did not care and would do zip, but to my amazement - they handled the situation better than I could have expected, and MUCH better than the "friendly" staff at many a US HOtel. Pick this place - it is reasonably priced, clean, and nearby a new shopping mall.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business