“Great ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Pushkin
Ranked #12 of 13,474 Restaurants in Moscow
Price range: US$26 - US$44
Cuisines: European, Russian, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Tverskaya
“Great ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic old fashioned food done very well! The desserts are the best thing from the place. Service is amazing
Wish I could go again

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
“Quaint interior, overpriced subpar food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Upon reading all the great reviews of this restaurant, I dragged my husband here for a late night dinner...and felt bad. The interior resembles that of someone's home and feels inviting. Yes the food here is overpriced, but is it good or worth it? No. We ordered the caviar blinis, beet salad, venison, and beef straganoff. All items were really average at best. I almost felt as if the food was reheated/microwaved. I was also shocked at how expensive the wine list was at this restaurant. This place is up there with some very upscale restaurants (and ever more expensive), but the quality is not worth it. I honestly wouldn't even bother coming here. If you're looking for an authentic Russian experience at a nice restaurant, there are better options out there.

1 Thank Tanya K
Maison-Dellos_Russia, General Manager at Cafe Pushkin, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Tanya,

I would like to thank you for taking the time sharing your review.

I sadly discover that all what we tried to provide you with was not up to your expectations.

We do not have any microwave in our kitchens and do not reheat dishes, not in the 15 years. We could not afford putting the reputation of our establishment on a microwaved food.

But I would be very grateful if we could get in touch together in order for me to analyse what really wasn't up to your taste and act in proactive way.

Thank you once again for your review,

With my best regards,
Dahert Elias
Deputy General Manager
New Zealand
“Classic setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Diligent service in an antique setting with quick food delivery. A varied menu with quality food cooked well.

Shanghai, China
“a little dream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This place is a little dream. We went there for breakfast, just arrived in Moscow. The service is wonderful and decor is amazing. A nice souvenir

1 Thank frikkinaincina
Los Angeles, California
“Great and Bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Food is really great. As is decor and ambiance. We ate here twice. The first time we had amazing service. We were told it is customary not to tip unless service is amazing but we did have any cash and embarrassingly stiffed our waiter. The second night we had a new waiter in another part of the restaurant. He seemed nice but when we ordered water he immediately brought over the most expensive one he had and did not open it in front of us but just poured it. I embarrassingly had to ask him to bring the more basic water (i.e. $12 US dollars a bottle instead of $28). They proceeded to rush the meal bringing out dishes before we had finished the previous one. They brought our wine late and before the cocktails we had ordered to start the meal (which came in between our appetizers and main dish). We were not being slow by any means. I had to ask him to slow things down and at one point had to tell him not to take my plate that I was still eating on! When the bill camera ($400 for two people) I felt bad for the previous eventing and asked him to add a 10% tip. He then asked for a 20% tip instead! Needless to say for a $200 a person meal you are looking for more than just great food. Being harassed by the staff, having them rush your meal, and them having them beg you for money is ridiculous at this price point and it was somewhat combative. We did not feel welcome. Nor did out expensive meal seem worth it. With a better understanding of this cafe i think we would have had an amazing time. I would say order dishes as you want them, since they don't time their food as most high end places do, and be tough on your waiter if they start to play games with you.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maison-Dellos_Russia, General Manager at Cafe Pushkin, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to read your experience with us had ups and downs.
We really attach a huge importance on the constancy of the service.

You have had a great diner on the first visit and I thank you for sharing it, but I do not caution the behavior of the waiter toward you on the second one.

It is really unusual that our waiter brought you the bottle of water without offering a choice.The timing between each course and drinks is, in Cafe Pushkin standardize and followed strictly. Making you feel as if we are rushing you and harassing you, shows we lacked on a point.

I would like to address you my sincere apologies for this experience that wasn't up to your expectations.

I would be very thankful if you would allow me couple of minutes to talk to you personally, have more details in order to act proactively and make sure the challenge won't be faced again.

Thank you once again for your review, that contributes on improving in a constructive way our service, and should you still be in Moscow,please do contact me.

Courteous regards,