“Really enjoyed my visit”
Review of Propaganda

Propaganda
Ranked #61 of 13,980 Restaurants in Moscow
Price range: US$0 - US$2
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Propaganda is local’s favorite place to eat, to have a drink or to dance till early morning. It’s friendly and inviting. Located in the heart of Moscow city centre, it first opened its doors in 1997. As a cafe, it has developed its unique reputation through a friendly service, delicious food, reasonable prices and a warm feel. As one of the longest-running clubs in Moscow, Propaganda has set a new level in the city nightlife. But mostly it’s a place where everyone feels welcome.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were originally told about this place by another bag packer who had told us it was a good club and did cheap drinks. We visited one night for a couple of drinks, which were lovely - and cheap! Knowing full well Russia isn't renowned for it's food, we had saw this place had an English menu that looked reasonable so we decided to come back for lunch the next day. The food was lovely, good portion sizes also for the price and although our waitress didn't speak English she was very helpful! Very glad we decided to come back, definitely come here for some food... Especially if you're not a fan of Russian food!

There are newer reviews for Propaganda

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We rocked up to Propaganda at around 2am at the end of a long night. We checked our coats in the cloak room which was being run by a young guy, who seemed to be under the supervision of this barely conscious, leathery old blonde woman, who sat leant against the wall.

When it was time to leave I went to get my jacket (a tailored, silk suit jacket) and lo and behold, they couldn't find it. The young guy and the old woman started shouting at each other in Russian while I tried to convince them to let me have a look for myself.

After about 10 minutes of shouting he had another look and hallelujah, he found it! However, the old lady said something to him in Russian and he put it back. Now, I'm the kind of guy who believes that causing confrontation doesn't solve anything so I had kept my cool till this point. After more shouting in Russian my friend threatened to call the Police before eventually securing my coat by offering the young guy a couple of hundred roubles.

NEVER AGAIN!

1  Thank DrSnafu
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We went back to this restaurant after a great experience the previous year. The salmon, salads, and smoothies were very good.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Went to Propaganda club on a Friday night. The club itself is down in a basement and at 11pm we were not charged any admission. They were only just clearing the tables from the dance floor as we arrived. The bar prices were not too bad for Moscow although they did not have any diet coke.
The sound system was good but it was mainly just techno music which got a bit repetitive after a while. A mixture would have been a bit better. I would return may be on a Saturday night if in Moscow again.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Went to propaganda for lunch with friends. The bean soup and borscht were very good. My chicken sandwich on homemade focaccia was good but uninteresting. Wide range of smoothies with original ingredients (e.g. espresso,cherry, and yogurt). Lunch was about 750 rubles per person ($21 USD).