“Succulent grilled lamb”

Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Zamoskvorechye
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Their selection of grilled meat is very, very rich. My favourite is lamb rack and the mixed grill, although it may not be to everyone's taste as it includes some 'parts' that some people may not eat. Expect to pay about $60 for a two course meal and with wine the sky is the limit

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were lucky to get a place without reservation on busy Sunday afternoon. No wait for the table, waiters were quick to take our order. The prices are quite steep and order a wine here only at your peril, the selection is good, but your purse will suffer. Anyway we had a round of starters, they have great vegetables here, all fresh and full of taste. The steaks are very good, prepared exactly to our specifications, along with appetizing sides. The dining experience was good and the place has really nice ambience. Nothing to complain about really, the only reason I'm not giving El Gaucho five stars was fierce competition of another steakhouse in Moscow I've visited and i liked my meat more there.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We had a nice meal at El Gaucho; the steaks were very tender, tasty and well cooked. The downside is the price. As other reviewers have noted, the steaks start from about £30, but the biggest expense comes from the drinks - the cheapest glass of wine is £20 (and it's a very small glass - the waiter confirmed that a bottle is 5 glasses), and the cheapest bottle of wine starts at £100.

The service was good generally, but we were very disappointed that they turned the lights out near the kitchen area about half way through our steaks, which killed the atmosphere. This was at around 11pm (we had arrived about 10:15pm).

Overall I think the prices for the steaks are OK, as they are very good, but the alcohol prices are too high.

2  Thank largebrick
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I had the pleasure to have a dinner at El Gaucho. The meat was great although expensive (starts from EUR 35 till EUR 80). The service was good and the dinner was served at a good pace. I can recommend this restaurant, but it is not cheap.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Well El Gaucho is one of my favorites places, the attention is good (sometimes little bit slow, but only when the place is full) the food is great and the place is cousy