“Decent place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Vladivostok
Emerald Green State, United States
“Decent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

It's not cheap. But what you do get is privacy, security, A+ service. Major bus lines are right next to it, but they have shuttle service as well. Very good restaurant if you do not feel like going downtown (about 20 minutes on a bus from the city center).

Upgraded, but with a hint of Soviet Union feel.

I will never recommend renting a car even from this hotel - the traffic in the city is horrendous and takes a LOT of skill to maneuver between cars and people!

Room Tip: anything is possible - with $.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank rushin2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Moscow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

The hotel by itself is a bit old and some utilities like loud indoor A/C and your shower would definitely tell you that. At the same time you won't notice these minor drawbacks as the flawless english and manners of the staff both courteous and very efficient in satisfying almost all your requests will make you feel home.

The food at the hotel restaurant is overpriced though it tastes superb and one would definitely find something to crave for.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank jonnyk1985
local
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stayed there too during our adoption trip. Seriously - try the borscht soup, it's great! Dip your toe into the Russian culture while you are there (but not into the soup). Personally I don't care much who owns the hotel, but 'hats off' to whomever does. :-) I'm sure some of the staff there get a little weary of us spoiled Americans, so try to learn a little Russian while you are there, make an effort! I agree, the air conditioners were loud, but like they said, it really kept us cool. I think some parts of the Inn allow smoking!! We were on the first floor, and kept getting huge whiffs of cigarette smoke coming through our air conditioner, it was awful. I think they said some rooms upstairs allowed smoking, not sure. I wish they would switch to be all non-smoking!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank localtypist
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for five nights recently. The area is under a massive road works project for next year's APEC conference in 2012, so the roads are a mess. But once you turn off the main road, you enter what I would consider an oasis.

The hotel is older, but very clean and in good condition. It was established by Canadian's years ago, so the look and feel is very western/international.

Our room was a good size, not luxurious, but just fine. The beds are great along with the pillows, so we got a wonderful night's sleep. The air conditioning is a dedicated in-room unit that is a bit loud, but did an excellent job of cooling the room as it was hot and muggy.

The food in the restaurant is very good for western tastes, but there is an option for a kitchenette if you would prefer cooking your own food if you are staying for a longer period of time. There is also a newer washer and dryer that is free of charge for guests.

Most importantly, the people that work there are very friendly and kind. Several of them speak English and if they have trouble communicating with you, they find someone who can answer your questions. The staff are especially hospitable to families with small children.

Considering we were so far from home, the hotel was an oasis for us and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank lbom
world
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

(I want to say I didn't stay at the hotel in October but had to pick a date so I could respond to what another review said about my review)

This a response to the review made by Ididntwanttoregister. First off the Vlad Motor Inn was owned by a Canadian but that was years ago. It has been owned by locals for years. Secondly there hasn't been since then anything other then local management running the place. This in it self doesn't make it bad but it is a down right lie to say that its Canadian owned and operated.

As far as Ididntwanttoregister being a Diplomat for DOS that I find hard to beleive.I doubt very much that DOS put him or her up there considering what I know but won't state. I'll say this you may find American's staying there but those most likely will be adopting parents because some of the local adoption agencies use the place. In saying that it may not be a bad place for those in that situation but there still are other options in Vladivostok.

There may be western influences in the kitchen & products that are used but as I stated in my first review the prices are extremely high and the food was moderately good. I have been to Vladivostok many times over the years. There was point in time were the Vlad motor Inn really did stand out. Those days are years ago. The choices in the city are now abundant that there really isn't a need to go all the way out there to eat or stay in a hotel at best 30 minute drive to city center, at least not to get a steak anymore.

I am not telling anyone not to stay at the Inn what I was stating in my first review was my disappointment with the Vlad Motor Inn and now also with what was written by what I believe to be a completely falsified review by Ididntwanttoregister

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
5 Thank Traveler898World
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

We stayed for a week at the Vlad Motor Inn when we were in the area to meet our son we are adopting. The staff are courteous and speak excellent English. The food in the restaurant is delicious and there is a variety of things from which to choose on the menu. There is a lovely park in walking distance from the hotel, and you can visit the quiet beach waterfront. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful, and very secure. The train station is a 5 minute walk down the hill toward the park. A small grocery store is also nearby and you can purchase almost anything you might want to have in your room to eat there (small refrigerators are in the rooms so if you don't want a big meal in the restaurant you can keep some things in). You can have your laundry done in the hotel, but it is a little expensive. There is also internet service and television in your room. For English speakers, they get several Australian channels. Plenty of hot water for showers, clean rooms, quiet, family environment.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mom2bof3
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

My wife and I were traveling for the purpose of adoption and we were placed here at the Vlad Motor Inn by our agency. Upon arrival, we were both very happy because the entire staff spoke English because our Russian speaking skills were very weak. The service was fantastic and the restaurant was very nice. I feel that the Vlad Motor Inn is an excellent place to stay for a first time trip to the far east Russian city of Vladivostok. It is in a very safe place and you also have access to the train which takes you to downtown Vladivostok in about 15 minutes. The Vlad Motor Inn will always come highly recommended by me and I will tell our agency that any family will be happy with their stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple