“PERFECT” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Averill Park B&B and Inns
Greenville, South Carolina
“PERFECT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

Our family hosted a graduation party and needed space close by for our out-of-town guests. We couldn't have been more pleased with the friendly, competent service our family received here at the Gregory House. The rooms are well appointed, down to the simplest detail; and, the friendly and efficient service truly made my family feel like "guests." As an added bonus, our friends and family dined at the restaurant, LaPerla. (Which we regularly visit and have never been disappointed.) Wow! Our guests were impressed with the excellent meals ... from seafood to steak, each entree was prepared to order and was absolutely delicious. The owners, Annamarie and Alfonso, were accommodating, friendly and took care of our party like family. We are definitely committed to regular dining there and our family can't wait to return to the area -- for a promised return to LaPerla! If you haven't visited the restaurant yet, Go! Go now -- it's one of our area's hidden gems!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MRL217

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Albany, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Since we tried their wood fired tomato, basil & mozzarella pizza my husband will not let us go anywhere else! We LOVE it. The restaurant is comfortable and the service is good. It can be a little slow sometimes, but nothing unbearable. We usually just sit at the bar, not at a table. I really enjoy their spaghetti and meatballs too.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
, Owner at The Gregory House, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Thank you sooo much for taking the time and and let us know your experience at our restaurant and most of all for your patience and understanding .
Anna Maria
Catskill, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

We have stayed at the Gregory house several times and each time has been nothing less than perfect. The owners Anna Maria and Alfonso make everyone feel at home! I read some of the reviews and just felt the need to reassure ANYONE who is considering having a meal or a stay at the Gregory house that it is THE BEST PLACE in Renssalear county! My children adore Anna Maria and she always makes them feel like her own family. Not to mention the amazing food created by chef Alfonso..So much to chose from and he is always willing to make changes to any dish for my one son who has to be on a special diet. All in all this is a wonderful, family-oriented place I am so looking forward to our 4th of July stay!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

Anne Marie, the host is very charmy and makes you feel at home. Alfonso great chef of italian and american cooking

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank marianne60763
amberjoyy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

I was married August 29th 2009.. AND HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO POORLY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We used both the The Gregory House bed and breakfast and la pearla restuant for our rehearsal dinner and for staying the night befor and the night of our wedding.
Now, I understand that miss understandings can happen....but this was out right rude!!! I have never seen a business so poorly treat their customers!
First... we booked our reservations a YEAR befor our wedding!
We recieved a phone call from the owner and said that we needed to come down and set up a menu for our rehearsal dinner... we arrive and get seated for our dinner .. and the head chef/ owner comes over talk to us... and talks us into doing an "open menu" for our our rehearsal dinner.. because it would be easier for him to do that .. when we got there the night of our rearsal dinner....his whife/ co owner tells us that we need to pick 3 things off the menu .. and give her a count of how many dinners we needed of each.. so we talked to her and dealt with the situation .. confused to why we drove there to plan our rehearsal to have it changed the night of rehearsal....

The whife than proceeds to tell me that she has over booked the bed and breakfast and that my friends mother and brother than flew in from AZ did not have a room ... I also had to make arrangements for them... we figured thats all that could go rong( Oh ...that was so rong) ...
we leave for the rehearsal ..... we arrive back at 7:00 for our rehearsal dinner... @ 7:00 pm... and Anna maria tells.. us our reservations were not till 8:30!!!.. she changed the time on us with out telling us. we wait... for an hour half... befor they even sit the first table.( and no we could not eat with our wedding party).because the room they said they were going to be closed down to the public..was NOT! .. all said and done the bride did not sit down till 9:45 to eat dinner.... once she had received her meal ( spag &MB) she bit into her Meat ball and it was FROOZEN!!!!!!!!
it did not stop there... while the bridal party was getting dresses the next morning the owner proceeded to yell at us ..that we had to get out ! They had to clean... Even though ... we were all staying there that night also...
Also.. the words bed and breakfast ... dont take the words so literal... breakfast is a joke..
cold ceral.. some fruit.. and a couple muffins... so if you were expecting a warm breakfast... dont..
also.. for the prices they SHOULD be serving Steak and EGGS...for crying out loud..they charged my brother $180 for a room the has 2 double beds in it.. In the bride and grooms room the ac leaked all over their stuff.... TRUST ME THE LIST GOES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
So please.. dont stay there ... unless you dont want to sleep ( because the beds are hard as a ROCK)and eat cold food!!!

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank amberjoyy
, Owner at The Gregory House, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
I have no words ......but there is two sides of the story......
I will said one thing I had member of her family apologize to me...
WSL, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2009

We've been patrons of the restaurant at La Perla since it opened many years ago, and have noticed over the past year a steady decline in service. Our last visit in May 2009 saw us sitting in the dining room, with no waiter or bus boy to attend us for our entire meal. We had to catch someone to just get out water glasses refilled! The sounds of the kitchen with pots being banged and voices talking loudly were very disrupting...making our dining experience a dismal one, indeed. The food was good...but not worth the environment we had to eat it in.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank surose
, Owner at The Gregory House, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
I'm really sorry ,please call me and i will make up to you
P.S.I apologize for the late respond but I just find out about this reviews.
Albany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2008

We've been going to LaPerla for years now, it's our favorite romantic, special place. I was always weary of too many people discovering this hidden gem. Living locally, we've even stayed the night a few times at the inn. It's hard not too, the place is so magical, especially at Christmas time. The food is like no other in the Capital District. It's so hard to choose from the very large menu, but we do have our favorites - that we just can't do without. Anna Maria is simply the sweetest, most gorgeous woman. Sofia Loren has nothing on Anna! From day one of discovering LaPerla Anna made us feel like family. Alfonso, Enzo, and the staff of family and friends are so attentive, with each and very detail. I must say, a few reviews listed for my favorite place on earth disappointed me. Hence my taking the time to write my own review. I can only defend LaPerla by stating the obvious. This dining experience is like no other in the area. If you want fast food, don't go to Laperla, go through the nearest drive through. If you want excellent food prepared by the best chef - if you want romance and a leisurely evening, this is the place. Extend the magic and spend the night. The Rose garden room and the Adirondek are our personal favorites. Anna is truly gifted in her decorating skills. We just want to move in and never leave. Each visit is better than the one before, if possible. Take the time, experience the magic -fall in love again at LaPerla.

• Liked — romantic
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank kimberqueen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Averill Park
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany
Fairfield Inn Albany East Greenbush
Hampton Inn Albany-Western Ave/University Area

Been to The Gregory House? Share your experiences!