“Charming, cozy & classy - The best food & owners in the area!”
Review of The Gregory House

The Gregory House
Ranked #1 of 1 Averill Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2011

When you walk in the door you are greeted by the beautiful owner Anna Maria Acampora. She is sweet and accommodating and keeps the restaurant moving smoothly with so many people eager to get a table. She never forgets a face and welcomes the majority of her customers by name.

The tavern area is newly remodeled and words can’t describe how cozy it is with the rustic decorations and wood fire oven. Anna’s husband Alfonso makes the most delicious wood-fire pizza – you’ll never go back to your average pizza after you’ve had one of his amazing creations with fresh mozzarella and gourmet toppings baked to perfection in that wood-fire oven.

The formal dining room offers some of the freshest and most unique choices in the capital region and is the closest thing to real Italian food I’ve been able to find. When I say nothing is premade I mean nothing. If you order clams oreganata Alfonso will shuck the clams and stuff them fresh for your order. The extra time it might take is so worth the wait because nowhere else in this area can you find that degree of freshness, quality and most importantly - DELICIOUSNESS.

The Inn at the Gregory House is also amazing - Anna has decorated every room with a different theme and it is immaculately clean. My girlfriends and I stay for a weekend every summer and we don’t leave the Inn once the entire weekend! We simply lounge and take advantage of everything LaPearla has to offer. We chat over coffee and pastries in the morning, spend our days by the pool, and our nights at the restaurant just eating, drinking and relaxing.

If you go to the restaurant early enough you will find the owners, Anna Maria and Alfonso, sharing a meal with their staff and at the end of the night you will often see them sitting at a table with customers who have become friends. It is very refreshing to see owners who not only run an amazing business with the best food in the area -- but who also treat their employees and customers like family.

La Pearla is like a home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 September 2011

The owners of this place arwe AMAZING! My wife and I stayed there as did our bridal party. We were treated like kings and queens the entire time we were there. The place was extremely clean and the staff was extremely polite. Having the restaurant on site "La Perla" was another huge benefit. The food was excellent and the bar was awesome too. My wife and I would recommend this place to any of our family and friends......

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We recently stayed here for 3 days for a family event. We stayed an extra night due to Hurricane Irene. The owners, Alfonso and Ana Maria made us feel like we were staying at the home of a dear and longtime friend, not a "paying guest". I could think of no finer place to ride out the hurricane. Our last night there, their son serenaded us with his amazing piano playing. The Gregory House is also home to La Perla, a five star Italian restaurant. You can feel the love that Alfonso puts into every dish. I have never had a finer Italian meal. I highly recommend their inn, perfect for a weekend get away. Every guest room has a theme and is decorated according to that theme. I am sure if I were to return again, I would be welcomed back like a long lost friend!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The Gregory House was like a home for my husband and I before and after our recent wedding. I first met Anna Maria during the summer of 2010 while scouting hotels and venues for our reception. We came un-announced, yet she took the time to show my mother and I around as if we were old friends. The place was and is so charming, with its themed rooms and pleasant staff (Hi Tim). I can truly say that Anna Maria and the Gregory House cemented my decision to be married in Averill Park. Our check in was effortless, even though several of my guests arrived very late at night. We were grateful for the fresh breakfast and coffee each morning (the cheese danish is a must.) Having La Perla on site was also a blessing, and the smell of Alfonso's bread baking is sure to have your mouth watering.

On the day of our wedding, both my husband and I, and my bridesmaids got ready at The Gregory House. The "Touch of Italy" room is the PERFECT location for photos. The guys also took advantage of the bar area for a few quick pictures. And off we were to get married! Unfortunately, the next part of the story is a sad one. Due to Hurricane Irene, we were stuck in NY and unable to go on our honeymoon : ( The crazy part is that we are from Florida... how far do you have to go to get away from a hurricane??? Apparently NY is not far enough!

Anna Maria was so kind to us during the heartbreaking time that I will never forget it. She took our minds off the sadness and helped us enjoy just being together. Over all, I would HIGHLY suggest that you stay at the Gregory House Country Inn, or dine at La Perla. Both are exceptional.

Room Tip: The Touch of Italy rooms is great!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The owners are probably the sweetest people that I have ever met. My grandmother loved this place and since her death every time I come back here I am filled
with such fond memories. The food is phenomenal. I definitely recommed this place its cozy. Owners couldnt be more welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My wife and I go over to LaPerla's at the Gregory House at least every other month. Anna Maria and Alfonso take great pride in providing their guests with a dining experience that they will fondly remember. We have become very close with them over the years. We have had many memorable dinners with friends, family, and business associates, and Anna Maria and Alfonso have never failed to impress with impeccable food and service.
I have an allergy to wheat, which rules out pasta and bread for me. Alfonso found this out; he keeps gluten-free pasta in stock. I never order off of the menu; I let him prepare whatever he feels like; I have loved them all and tried many dishes that I otherwise would never think to order.
Looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SFG1960
Management response:Responded 23 August 2011

Thank you sooo much!!!! It is people like you that makes our job enjoyable !!!!!

Reviewed 10 August 2011

I have been going to Laperla's for many years. Anna maria and Alfonso always make us feel welcome. You couldn't ask for a better quility of food. One of my favorites is the grilled shrimp. Try Alfonso's wood fire Pizza and you will never order pizza any where else again!
My family and friends just love the atmosphere, we are treated like family every time we go. So if you have not found Averill Parks hidden treasure please go and visit Laperla resturant and Inn and ENJOY !!!!!! I know you will come back for more!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Been to The Gregory House? Share your experiences!