“I was pleasantly surprised”

Original Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden
Ranked #58 of 344 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Viernheim
“I was pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I was pleasantly surprised to find such a nice hotel for business purpose! The hotel itself is very unusual to other business hotel I used to stay. Restaurant is very nice (I liked the fireplace), service was friendly, live music in the evening was very relaxing. The weather in St. Petersburg was cold but my room was warm and comfortable. Everything seems to be quite new and well designed. I was glad to find sauna facilities in the hotel and I was also told that I could use Spa Center somewhere in the city, but I didn't have time to go there. Wi-fi was free all over the hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Anna C, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you very much for your review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying in our hotel. Our fireplace will always warm you during cold winter season and rainy summer days. Hope to see you soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I was in this hotel for 5 nights in January. I think it's a great place for stay: reception is very friendly and helpful, room was very cozy and dinner in the restaurant on my last evening there was just amazing. The bed was great! And even this hotel is 2 stops by metro to the Nevskiy prospect, neighborhood is very quite.I will definitely come back!

Room Tip: I had a nice superior room (with tea kettle, coffee set, bathrobes).
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Anna C, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Mereike l,

Thank you very much for such positive feedback! We will do our best to uphold high service level in our hotel!

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I have spent three nights at this hotel with a friend in November 2011. I guess I enjoyed pretty much everything about this place.
1) Reception was very helpful and friendly (even during midnight check-in :))
2) The room was great - perfect temperature control, equipped with all the facilities you might need (and plenty of wall-sockets!! which was important for charging all the gadgets overnight :)), with very comfortable beds and excellent sound proof. Even the standard room is spacious. It was very clean and was kept that way by the cleaning staff during the whole period of our stay.
3) I found the location to be great as it's very close to the metro (5 min walking) but it's located on not a busy street, so it was very quiet and you can enjoy the tardy pace of life :) But those who travel to St.Petersburg for the first time should keep in mind it's not a walking distance to major historical sights of the city, so you'll have to use metro pretty much each time you go sightseeing.
4) Breakfast was not included but we had a chance to have a lunch in the hotel's restaurant. The food quality excellent but just a bit overpriced, in my opinion.
5) It was great value for money (it was November, so I'm not sure how it works in summer time when the season is high).

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to St.Petersburg.

P.S. Things I'd add in the hotel - tea sets in the rooms and a ramp at the entrance for the wheeled suitcases :)

Room Tip: you'd get the best view if you take a room facing Olympia garden (Moskovsky prospekt side)
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tatiana K
Anna C, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Dear Tataiana K,

Thank you very much for your review! I am happy that you found our rooms great and our reception helpful and friendly!
Thank you for your feedback regarding the ramp for the wheeled suitcases at the entrance, I will pass it to our maintenance team and hopefuly next time it will be very easy to carry luggage. As for the tea sets in the rooms just for additional 800 rubles you'll get Superior room with kettle, tea & coffee set, bathrobe, slippers & extra bathroom amenities and high floor with wonderful city view!

Hope to see you soon in our hotel!

Kuopio, Finland
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Olympic Garden is on the way from airport to the city centre. It is close to metro line, so it's quite easy connect to the rest of the city. Hotel is relatively new and has comfortable rooms.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank wertti5
Anna C, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden, responded to this review, 26 December 2011
Dear Wertti5,

Thank you very much for your review!
I am glad that you called our hotel 'easy going' as easy is one of our core values.

Wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 25 November 2011

i reserved cruise tour from Helsinki to st.peter by st.peter line cruise and spent 1 night in Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden in July 2011 i reserved every thing from (Nordic Ferry Center agency )
the city was great and the room in the hotel was clean , beautifully designed , the food was too much and wonderful only 1 problem it was a Little far from the main attractions and very far from the port , the transportations was bad even the private bus service was bad and the drivers don't understand English .

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Anna C, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden, responded to this review, 26 December 2011
Dear Islamshousha,

Thank you very much for you feedback!
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The transportation was organized by Nordic Ferry Center and I am sorry you didn't like it. For the next visit I would recommend you to use our hotel transportation service to avoid any negotive impressions. Our hotel is situated a bit far from the port but has one of the best location on the way to the airport, central railway station and city center.

Kind regards,

Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This hotel is mid-rated among 4 stars hotels. The rooms are decorated beautifully with classic furniture and equipped very well with almost every things expected. Air conditioning was not good enough in the hot weather of St. Petersburg summer.
Housekeeping services was not perfect and may be oblivious to complete their jobs everyday. The Reception was warm and welcoming but the restaurant staff were slow and unhappy. The hotel's restaurant was not excellent but it was good enough specially its breakfast. The hotel lobby was simple and not very big but there was good place in front of hotel to sit and relax.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SoheilTF
Anna C, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear SoheilTF,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you very much for your feedback!

I am very glad to hear that you liked our rooms and reception service. I am very sorry that you were not very much satisfied with other hotel services. We would like to do our best to improve it and I will appreciate if you kindly spend a couple of minutes sharing the dates, room number and maybe some detailed information about your stay. My e-mail is: rdmanager.og@shotels.ru , it would help us a lot for further development. Thanks in advance for your time!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have now stayed in this hotel three times. The first time I thought it was good in respect of western standards but now realise that compared with the other hotels in St.Petersburg it is an excellent establishment.
All visits have been on business and some more than a few days. What I like is that it's locate is within a beautiful part of St.P with a small park surrounding it.
Reception is welcoming, bar and general restaurants are good value and good quality but the breakfast stands out with a good fresh range offering to all tastes. Perhaps this is why there is a huge international patronage.
Rooms are of a very high standard and for what you pay in my opinion are above expectations. When i had no phone charger and they didnt have one they kindly took me to the Mvideo store and explained my predicament and i got what i needed. Highly recommend to all business and holiday people

Room Tip: I stayed facing the courtyard. Extremely quiet.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Anna C, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for making our hotel your address in St. Petersburg!
I would like to thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit to Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden.

Kind regards,