“Great food and experience. Just need to be Patient” 5 of 5 bubbles

Palkin
Ranked #14 of 10,182 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$54 - US$216
Cuisines: European, Russian, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food and experience. Just need to be Patient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall, this restaurant was a great experience. Total white glove service and excellent food. I had Cream Soup of Cep Mushrooms, Hare’s Cutlets with Foie Gras and Black Truffles, and Doe Deer and Wild Boar Dumplings. All of our food was delicious and given the service, I feel that the cost was well worth it. Part of the service was quite a show including using LN2 to make ice cream and to cool you down during the palette cleanser.

The only caveat was that it turned into a 5 hour affair, so you cannot be in a rush and must savor your time there. For us, celebrating a birthday, it was well worth it and I'm glad we went there. The walk afterwards during White Nights was also quite fantastic with the night lights on Nevskiy Prospekt

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
“Great food, but beer seems to be a challenge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was invited to dinner here and I must say the qualtiy of food was excellent, the staff also attentive. The restaurant was rather empty, however, which surprised me, I hope this is not an ode of worse things to come. One unusual observation - my partner and I ordered beers because it was hot outside and this somehow put the restaurant on the spot. The waiter was a little lost, then said he will "organize" it which he did (the beer itself was Russian and good), but on the bill, we found that it was written as a "special" extra, which seemed interesting (do they only drink wine and vodka there?).

Visited May 2014
GREECE
“THEY HAVE RUSSIAN AND FRENCH OYSTERS.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This restaurant has a turn of the century setting that is nearly convincing. It is very popular so RESERVE well in advance. There is something in Russia that we westerners are not very familiar. The doors to the very best venues are small and unimpressive, but when you cross the threshold you are in for a surprise. This is what happened with this restaurant ant most prestigious shops in the Nevsky Prospect. You see the door and you think to yourself "am I in the right address"? Go in this small door and you are in another world. The restaurant is on the second floor. Going up from a large staircase you enter the restaurant that is most impressive. The English speaking waiter (there is only one) is called Roustam and is from the Kafkases. A most convincing character he convinced me to have French oysters and get me one complimentary Russian cooked oyster. They were both fantastic, but you should see the size of the wild north sea Russian oyster. Our evening was very pleasant as there were a Russian group of people that had (and continue to have) some bottles of vodka and they were singing. The food is very well prepared and very tasty. It is served with great pomp. The food comes to table covered with lids, and they pull the lids counting to three. Most impressive. It is not cheap. A full meal, with desert, (although we promised ourselves not to have desert, we gave in to our weakness when we saw the deserts that were going around) will come to $300. Ah, I forgot to say Roustam advised us to drink a special vodka that was twice the price of the usual Ruskii Standard. To be honest we did not understood the difference but we had a good laugh when we got the bill. Be good.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank YakoDogiou
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Well worth a fine dining experience with excellent food,commendable service and personalized attention.Artistic and eye catching decor in luxurious setting. The highlight was "The St.Petersburg Summer Winter Breeze" served in a bucket of ice with snowy froth.See pictures.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Akbar S
Perth, Australia
“Last Night Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

After four weeks of travel through this vast country we treated ourselves to the fine dining experience that we will remember for a long time. Amazing service, table cooking done with aplomb. Carefully considered extra like sorbet to cleanse the palate between courses, a delightfully little starter. Great home made breads with three types of flavoured butters. Amazing wine choice. Could not fault the place. They fillet my fish, made my crepe Suzette in front of me. Been a long time since I experienced such great service. They have recipes from the Imperial days, we sampled several and were left in awe.

Visited June 2014