“Staff too busy to serve, up themselves a bit too much”
Review of Younga Seafood&Bar

Younga Seafood&Bar
Ranked #89 of 11,345 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Description: Local seafood on the main restaurant street in St. Petersburg. Serving fresh sea products from different regions of Russia. Mussels from Murmansk, Kamchatka crab, Magadan shrimps, Karelian fish and more. Good price and easy going atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Odd place, first time in St Petersburg where the staff are too busy talking to take orders or offer service. The NZ Wine was out of stock, and I found that out 10 mins in. A poor fizzy alternative offered. Bottle water ordered. A warm seafood sharer was offered, without description. It had squid and some prawns. Can’t tell you exactly. Transpires it was my partners main dish, served before starters! Asian Seafood with Rice. I am left waiting for my food. Odd that my starter of Tuna Tartare, is not served at the same time. Maybe it is the cooking technique? Hahahaha. Food was good thankfully. Not fantastic or amazing, a solid good. Average size portions. My crab pasta which turned up 12 minutes after my partners was good on the pasta count, but where was the crab? Gone fishing I suspect. Nice premises and vibe, staff need to be more alert and want to work here, food portions could be a bit bigger. Sadly a 2.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife, my business partner, and I ate at Younga in mid-May. We were very pleased with the food and service. I had their grill squid that was very tender and tasty and my wife had their pan fried turbot, which see loved. Nice wine list. good service. many gluten free options. Short walk from Nevsky prospect. Not far from the Radisson Hotel on Nevsky.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Was there on 6 March with 4 friends, had a big dinner. Everything tasted great. I was the only person who wasn't eating seafood, but even I had found dishes for non sea food eaters. Anyway, would recommend to a friend 10/10

Mitia A, Управляющий at Younga Seafood&Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you very much for your comment! Looking forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I was there with my mother-in-law. Salad with crab has caused admiration in both of us! The tuna tartar was very fresh, and the mango in the composition unusually shaded the taste of the fish. Fish and chips was interesting served with dried vegetable chips it’s first time I eat this dish in so low oil condition. The mother-in-law appreciated the grilled sea bass perfectly, and she is Japanese and understand the sense of the fish. Homemade lemonade was also on top! The restaurant staff is polite and tidy. I want to thank the administration and the restaurant staff for a wonderful dinner! When I'm back in St. Petersburg, I'll definitely come to eat a dinner into Yunga!

Mitia A, Управляющий at Younga Seafood&Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are very glad that you liked it. We will be glad to see you again)))

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent food! Cosy atmosphere! Good service! Value for money Enjoyed lunch here Fish &chips were unusual but nice. Recommend to all who loves it.