Lobby, restaurant and rooms are clean but design of the lobby is a bit cheesy. The worse part of my stay was the services. The most obvious examples were summarised below:
1) During check-in, there was no clear queue and people tended to jump the queue. They were slow in checking in people too, and I waited for 40 minutes in the queue (consider that only a couple was in front of me, it was appallingly inefficient). The whole check-in process took about an hour for me and my friend.
2) No postal service provided, and not even stamp. If you don't speak Russian, you would have difficulty locating the post office as there was no English signage outside the office. The post office looked like it wasn't in service either since it was a metal door and you couldn't see inside. We were lucky as a Russian lady directed us to queue for the right windows (as we were holding postcards), but it took us an hour for mailing 3 postcards due to the long queue. It would be helpful if the hotel could do it for their guests (i.e. I believe it is a standard service for chain hotels)
However, the concierge was helpful (i.e. two different staffs helped us), and spent an hour trying to reach the CS of the mobile phone service provider for us and sorted out our problem with our pre-paid SIM card brought from Moscow Airport. We are indebted to their help.
Another shortfall, shall I say, is the surcharge of buying concert/opera tickets from the concierge. They charge 50% of the ticket fees, which I consider excessive.
Location wise, it was not the most convenient place and it is about 10 minutes walk from the subway station. Luckily, there are lots of restaurants near the subway station, so feel free to wander around and do some discoveries. Convenient shops nearby worth the visit as well (we had some interesting salads from those shops
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasilievsky hotel has a perfect location near the historic city centre of charming Saint Petersburg city, Russia. Whether you accommodate for business or choose the hotel for vacation the Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasilievsky will contribute to making your visit more memorable and comfortable. You will surely appreciate the location near the city center, its modern design, the view to the River Neva and free WiFi Internet access in the hotel rooms. The Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasilievsky hotel offers 214 spacious accommodations and suites with comfortable bedding, large work desk and WiFi Internet. Choose from our 8 upscale conference venues with broadband, state-of-the-art technology and professional services. After a hard day enjoy an aperitif in our Lobby Bar or taste dishes from Eastern France and Russia in Pierrot Restaurant. Choose from the St. Petersburg hotels the Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasilievsky, it is a new stay in St. Petersburg, Russia! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Marriott and Booking.com so you can book your Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasilievsky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard St Petersburg Vasilievsky Hotel St. Petersburg