Open today: 00:00 - 23:59

from US$71.80
More Info
from US$87.18
More Info
All reviews food tour main churches customized tour blinis amazing tour catherine's palace private tour faberge museum baltic cruise day tour mila stolle miniature customs pace culture fountain
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2019

I booked a tour for me and my grandmother as a part of our European trip and Baltic cruise. My grandmother’s friend had recommended that we go on tour with this company and to ask for Mila to be our guide. So, we contacted Experience Russia and we were able to easily arrange Mila to be our guide in St. Petersburg.

Before we decided on which tour to book, we were able to get in contact with them to answer our questions. We ended up choosing their “custom private tour”, because who knows when we will be in St. Petersburg again? We let the staff know our preferences and asked for a few recommendations and before long, we had our own personal itinerary planned. Throughout the process, they were very patient and informative, sharing their recommendations while still being accommodating.

Our final itinerary included all of the museums and palaces that we had heard about before, plus a few places that we hadn’t. We were offered restaurants that fit our dietary needs and we signed up for an evening show-ballet in the Mariinsky theater.

After we booked, we received our “tour tickets” (it acts as a visa waiver) within a few days, and all that was left to do was show up.
We loved every item in our itinerary! My grandmother especially loved Pavlovsk palace, The Faberge Museum, and The Church on the Spilled Blood. My favorites were the canal boat trip and all of the fountains in Peterhoff park. The ballet in the Mariinsky was the cherry on top

Regarding our tour guide, Mila, there are no words to describe how terrific she was. It was as if she was the Mayor of St. Petersburg – she knew everything and everyone, even many of the museum employees! She managed to lead us through awful crowds and show us all the best things, it seemed like she had some secret weapon (or a spell) to make everything smooth. She was also very considerate and attentive, she always ensured that we were comfortable, and she planned ahead for extra stops that were needed on the way for my grandmother.

To sum up, every single step of the process was a pleasant experience, which we really enjoyed. Me and my grandmother highly recommend this company and especially Mila.

Date of experience: May 2019
Experience_Russia, Owner at Experience Russia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2019

Dear Linshee,

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your trip, it brought back all of the great memories that I made while taking you both around St. Petersburg. Don't hesitate to let me know if you ladies plan on coming back. It will be my pleasure to show you around some more!

Reviewed 30 May 2019 via mobile

Mila's tour was fantastic! We covered so much ground and had a wonderful time. She has immense knowledge and is a great communicator. In addition to the historical and religious references I was able to learn about life and cultural issues. I highly recommend.

Date of experience: May 2019
Experience_Russia, Owner at Experience Russia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it and I hope to show you around some more next time you're in St. Petersburg!

Reviewed 1 April 2019

My wife and I spent several days touring St. Petersburg with Mila. We had an excellent experience. I can’t imagine seeing and learning about the city without her! She is a certified and highly-regarded guide and is fluent in English. All official guides are certified – but some are better than others. We thought Mila was the best. Her knowledge of St. Petersburg is exceeded only by her pleasant and friendly demeanor. We looked forward to seeing her every day. We would have been lost without her.

Mila is a native of St. Petersburg and her family lives in the city. Her native language is of course Russian but she speaks colloquial English with on only a slight accent. We learned that she has studied in the United States (U. Of Oregon – Go Ducks!) and is familiar with American travel customs and expectations.

My observations, as an experienced traveler, is that in St. Petersburg, perhaps more than in other European cities, it is helpful to have a native as a guide, buffer, guide, advocate and counselor. She filled these roles superbly.

Date of experience: June 2018
Experience_Russia, Owner at Experience Russia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2019

Dear Thraxp,

Thank you for sharing your kind words, it was my pleasure showing you and your wife around St. Petersburg.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you plan to visit again, I'd be happy to arrange another tour of St. Petersburg for you both!

Reviewed 17 March 2019

It has taken me WAY TOO LONG to write this review. I traveled to Russia last summer and thanks to Mila, I had the MOST amazing time. From the time that I reached out to Experience Russia to inquire about a tour, the company helped me figure out exactly what I should do while in St. Petersburg. I was only going to be traveling in Russia for a few days, and having Mila and Experience Russia help me decide what I should spend my time doing was invaluable.

We ultimately decided to go to L'Hermitage and the Church of Spilled Blood, and we also walked the city with Mila as she gave us a true taste of history of the city. From the beginning, Mila was insightful and fun, and she definitely kept us entertained the entire time. She just knows EVERYTHING there is to know about Russia! I am a huge history buff, and I was constantly being annoying and asking her questions throughout our tour, and she answered every single one!

Mila made sure to help our group feel comfortable and at home in a place where we absolutely could not understand any part of the language. She went to the next level with helping us order food while on the tour and figuring out where to eat for dinner. She even helped to hook us up with a reservation at an awesome restaurant!

Overall, I would recommend this company to anyone who is going to Russia at any point. This tour is 100% the number one reason why I want to go back to Russia again.

Date of experience: July 2018
Experience_Russia, Owner at Experience Russia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2019

Dear Amanda,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, I deeply appreciate the kind words.

It was my pleasure to share a bit of Russian history and culture with you through the many sights and meals that we shared together.

It's always a treat when guests share my passion for this wonderful city. It was wonderful to be your guide, thank you for entrusting your trip with us and I will be waiting to show you both around the next time you come to St. Petersburg -- Winters are very beautiful here too (wink wink).

If you know of anyone who might be planning to visit St. Petersburg in the future, we'd truly enjoy the opportunity to show them around!

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 17 March 2019 via mobile

From the moment we arrived, Experience Russia made sure we felt right at home. As Americans, we were a bit intimidated by the inevitable culture shock we would experience in St. Petersburg, but the staff was so friendly and helpful in showing us the best restaurants, nightlife, and popular sights so we always had something fun to do when we weren't on tours. The tours were extremely insightful and full of learning. The staff made sure to go at a pace my group and I could keep up with, and always went above and beyond to explain every detail no matter how many questions we had. Aside from ensuring we learned loads about the history, they wanted to make sure we got familiar with the urban culture, which included lunches at traditional restaurants, shopping at local stores and visiting popular sport venues. Overall, Experience Russia made our first trip to Russia a lifelong memory, and is a main reason as to why we'll be going back!

Date of experience: July 2018

Dear Vidalinho10,

I am truly grateful for you sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

It was fantastic to have the opportunity to show you both around the city and provide you both with a memorable experience so soon after your engagement. Congratulations again to you both. :)

We always strive for our guests to have well-rounded experience, and it seems like we were able to provide that for you.

Thank you for choosing us for your first visit to Russia, we'd love to have you both back again! Stories like yours are what makes showing guests around St. Petersburg so rewarding.

If you ever hear of anyone who's interested in visiting St. Petersburg or Russia in general, we'd be honored if you would give us the opportunity to assist them.