Open today: 00:00 - 23:59

from US$71.80
More Info
from US$87.18
More Info
All reviews food tour main churches customized tour blinis amazing tour catherine's palace private tour faberge museum baltic cruise day tour mila stolle miniature customs pace culture fountain
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2019 via mobile

Paul and I can’t thank Alice enough for the fabulous tour she gave us on Tuesday 16th July. Alice is Mila’s sister. She was a fantastic host taking us through the interesting history of St Petersburg as well as various restaurants to sample typical Russian food.
We started at a restaurant serving the most amazing pies which were eaten with borsch soup. All extremely delicious. Then we were taken to our next restaurant to sample Stroganoff outside Count Stroganoff ‘s palace. Apparently his chef had originally made it for him as he lived beef but had lost most of his teeth! Hilarious!
Then Alice took us on an adventure on the St Petersburg underground. It certainly made our London Underground seem boring.
Finally we had blini. To my surprise they were not like blini we get in the UK. They were more like pancakes with various delicious fillings.
Thank you so much Alice for such a fantastic afternoon.
Edwina and Paul

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank EdwinaKnowles
Experience_Russia, Owner at Experience Russia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Dear Edwina and Paul,

Thank you for your detailed review of your experience on the food tour. We are delighted to have had the opportunity to introduce Russian cuisine and the St. Petersburg Metro to the both of you. We wish you the best in wherever your travels should take you next! We'll be eagerly awaiting for your return to St. Petersburg one day.

Warm wishes,
Mila

Reviewed 22 July 2019

We decided to try something different and booked this walking food tour. Our guide was a nice young lady with fluent English. There were only 4 people on the tour which made it convenient for walking and listening to the guide. Between the sightseeing we were trying different local dishes. My favourite was sweet blini with cottage cheese. Will advise this tour to my friends.

1  Thank ZauberY
Reviewed 2 July 2019

My family and I had an amazing time touring St. Petersburg with Mila. She took us on a private tour to the Hermitage, the Saviour on the Spilled Blood Church, Catherine's Palace, and the Peterhof Fountain Park and Gardens. Very knowledgeable and professional. Thanks for an amazing tour!

Date of experience: June 2019
Experience_Russia, Owner at Experience Russia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2019

Dear Kristen,

Thank you so much for leaving a review!
I was very happy to meet you and your wonderful family . I hope everyone can come to St. Petersburg for longer the next time, so that I can show you many more awesome places. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Reviewed 7 June 2019

I booked a tour for me and my grandmother as a part of our European trip and Baltic cruise. My grandmother’s friend had recommended that we go on tour with this company and to ask for Mila to be our guide. So, we contacted Experience Russia and we were able to easily arrange Mila to be our guide in St. Petersburg.

Before we decided on which tour to book, we were able to get in contact with them to answer our questions. We ended up choosing their “custom private tour”, because who knows when we will be in St. Petersburg again? We let the staff know our preferences and asked for a few recommendations and before long, we had our own personal itinerary planned. Throughout the process, they were very patient and informative, sharing their recommendations while still being accommodating.

Our final itinerary included all of the museums and palaces that we had heard about before, plus a few places that we hadn’t. We were offered restaurants that fit our dietary needs and we signed up for an evening show-ballet in the Mariinsky theater.

After we booked, we received our “tour tickets” (it acts as a visa waiver) within a few days, and all that was left to do was show up.
We loved every item in our itinerary! My grandmother especially loved Pavlovsk palace, The Faberge Museum, and The Church on the Spilled Blood. My favorites were the canal boat trip and all of the fountains in Peterhoff park. The ballet in the Mariinsky was the cherry on top

Regarding our tour guide, Mila, there are no words to describe how terrific she was. It was as if she was the Mayor of St. Petersburg – she knew everything and everyone, even many of the museum employees! She managed to lead us through awful crowds and show us all the best things, it seemed like she had some secret weapon (or a spell) to make everything smooth. She was also very considerate and attentive, she always ensured that we were comfortable, and she planned ahead for extra stops that were needed on the way for my grandmother.

To sum up, every single step of the process was a pleasant experience, which we really enjoyed. Me and my grandmother highly recommend this company and especially Mila.

Date of experience: May 2019
Experience_Russia, Owner at Experience Russia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2019

Dear Linshee,

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your trip, it brought back all of the great memories that I made while taking you both around St. Petersburg. Don't hesitate to let me know if you ladies plan on coming back. It will be my pleasure to show you around some more!

Best wishes,
Mila

Reviewed 30 May 2019 via mobile

Mila's tour was fantastic! We covered so much ground and had a wonderful time. She has immense knowledge and is a great communicator. In addition to the historical and religious references I was able to learn about life and cultural issues. I highly recommend.

Date of experience: May 2019
Experience_Russia, Owner at Experience Russia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it and I hope to show you around some more next time you're in St. Petersburg!