1,794 results
All reviewsexcellent spasevilla restaurantdans le noirsnow roomlarge poolspa zonespa facilitiesminute walknice hotelvasilievsky islandroom servicepeter and paul fortressbreakfast buffetfive star hotelsparkling winestandard roomenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Very good hotel. The rooms were large. The beds very comfortable. We had a seperate toilet and shower room. Breakfasts were good. The swimming pool facilities were excellent. The indoor pool is very large with numerous saunas. There were numerous places to eat around the area which were reasonably priced. The hotel is some distance from the city centre about forty minutes walking distance. We went to the ballet one evening by taxi and we were glad we booked a taxi for the return. It certainly would have been a good walk back to the hotel. A pleasant hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is a very large hotel in a convenient location. The rooms are spacious and well-equipped, the breakfast is good, and, best of all, it has a large spa that is available to hotel guests, equipped with massage showers, a large pool, and saunas. A wonderful way to relax after a busy day of sightseeing in St. Petersburg's crowded museums. The service was variable; two of the concierges that we dealt with were very knowledgeable and helpful, the others not so much. The registration desk staff were polite, one or two others were downright rude. On the whole, however, a very good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adele R
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Paid an extra 20e for a bigger room, & was massive, with a really big bathroom, a balcony, and an option to smoke in the room. The Hotel itself was so good, the concierge couldn't have been more helpful, the pool saunas & spa were amazing! There was also a restaurant - 'Dans Noir' were you you are given unknown food to eat in the dark - fascinating! Breakfast was a buffet, with every known breakfast known to man I think... including as many glasses of champagne that you wanted... ;o) It was a little walk away from the main St Petersburg attractions, but we enjoyed the walking around - even in the pouring rain! We plan to go back to St Petersburg, & will certainly be going back to this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey A
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel via the travel agency, had a spacious, clean room and nice overall interior. The breakfast buffet was included and was okay. Extra points for the free spa, very nice with many different saunas. Location is 10 minutes walk from the Hermitage, on a bit more quiet island of Vasiljesky. Service is basic Russian: they'll say "yes sir, in 15 minutes" to whatever you ask, whether they understand what you're asking for, whether they've got it or what ever... in our case the inclusive water bottles were missing from the room and were to be delivered "in 15 minutes", never got them. A bit irritating but overall, on local scale, this hotel is nice.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I went to this hotel and I cannot decide what to say. I reserved it thru a site and paid $160 per night, when arrived there they offered me a bigger room for $30 extra, I took it. The hotel is nice, the room I had was very big (460 was the number), It had a balcony but no view even though they sold me the idea of the balcony. The room is well equipped and has water. The desk is convenient and has multiple plugs. A few draw backs in the room is the fact that the TV has very few non paying channels, very unusual. In the bathroom the shower is great and it has a small shower head next to the toilet to use has a bidet. Problem in my room and it seems it was in my room, the holder for the toilet paper was broken so not very easy to handle since the roll was held by a stick. No hook to put the towels next to the shower or elsewhere, and apparently the toilet brush was bought in a hurry as a replacement since it was an ugly plastic brush inside a very modern bathroom. The shower head was great and make the shower very pleasant, here again a small draw back, nowhere to put the shower bottle nor the hard soap. They have a gel dispenser but they give you soap and shampoo as well that you do not know where to hold. For the rest the spa is great, maybe not for swimming but definitely for relaxing, heat room, steam room, jacuzzi, cold bath, Turkish bath , cave sauna, really nice. I did not use the massage service. For the breakfast, I tried the buffet the first morning, expensive and nothing to justify the price. I took the breakfast in my room the second morning same rice but actually better. I do not know if I would go back to this hotel but I chose it for the five stars, I did not find the fifth one. A good hotel with free internet, the reception people very friendly. To my taste $200 for the room without breakfast was a little too high, I have to try another hotel there to really see the difference. The other problem was no restaurant to the level of the hotel, and a room service choice and price a little off.

Room Tip: before taking the room ask about the view, because balcony with no view and bad weather is not worth the premium. If you book online go to the site where the breakfast is included, because way to expensive for a buffet and the next door cafe opens after 9 am.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business