Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge
US$685
US$512
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$281
US$269
US$285
US$277
US$502
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson Sonya Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$206
Agoda.com
Angleterre Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$262
  • Pool
Pushka Inn Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$322
US$411
US$317
Agoda.com
1,669 results
All reviewsexcellent spasevilla restaurantdans le noirsnow roomlarge poolspa areanice hotelminute walkvasilievsky islandpeter and paul fortressbreakfast buffetfive star hotelstandard roomenjoyed my staylobby baron footbeautiful city
Reviewed 10 February 2014

If you plan to stay a lot in your hotel, this is the place. Hotel has a good spa-area (many different saunas, snow-cabin, many different pools and spa treatments). Also a good-size gym and conference facilities, as well as a "brunchy" breakfast. Some 20-30 min walk to Nevski, but walk is beautiful along the river Neva. Reception area is cozy and warm. Rooms are OK sized and very well equipped (room amenities/products nice).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
mishenin, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear apprendrelemonde,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback about our Hotel!

We are very happy to hear that you are pleased with Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge. We do value your opinion.

Your kind words made Us very happy and also proud.

Welcome back to Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge!

Kirill Mishenin

Reviewed 3 February 2014

If you decided to pay for a better hotel, Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge is a better choice than many hotels on the other side of the river. First, it gives one an unparallel view of the Hermitage and Admiralteistvo if travelling in summer during or around the white nights time. All the sights are are a 20-minute walk away (just pass the university area and cross the bridge). Most importantly, though, the hotel has a water/spa complex with multiple pools (on a small side) and 5 or 6 different kinds of steam rooms, a real treat at the end of the day or when the weather is bad (quite often in St. Petersburg). Please read their official site for the full description of the spa complex. It comes free with the stay, but people from the attached gated condominium complex and outsiders can buy access as well (didn't ask what it costs), my guess is- quite hefty since a glass of wine at the hotel is $7 or $10.

To eat cheaper, you can use cafe "butterfly" right across form the hotel: a bit dingy but the food is quite decent and very inexpensive (locals go there). For lunch, (and it's a real hidden gem), you may want to visit a university canteen, which is 3 minutes away and is the oldest cafeteria in St. Petersburg. Once you leave the hotel, turn right at the corner and keep walking leaving the building of the LIbrary of the Science Academy on your left. Watch for a brass plaque on the fence (on your right): this will signal you are at the cafeteria. Walk into the gate, pull a big heavy door on your left, and you're inside one of the university buildings. You'll see the cafeteria right there. Warning: it's a buffet style (IKEA type), and a bit of Russian would help, but even if you don't speak it, you can point or ask students for a quick help. Your complete lunch is $5-7. Another good place to eat is "Gambrinus", a Chezc-style bar on the corner of the building across from the hotel. It's in the basement, and they serve craw fish there. The service is slow (as practically everywhere), but the food is excellent: we enjoyed beer with craw fish and a duck main course. Prices are $17-25 for a main course, but it was worth it.

I'm a native of St. Petersburg, but since I don't have anyone there anymore, and I wanted to show the city to my adult daughter, we combined better accomodations and "wiser" eats.

The gym at the hotel is superb (my daughter used it every day) as well as the service: we forgot adaptors, and the front desk simply lent us three- a nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Elena_N478
Yana V, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Elena_N478,

Thank you for choosing Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge and leaving your feedback with your useful comments!

Our hotel is located in the historical part of St. Petersburg. Basil Island – is the heart of St. Petersburg and it’s full of old historical buildings.

Nice to hear that you enjoyed the SPA center. Our SPA centre is one of the biggest and well equipped in St. Petersburg. Under the huge glass cupola of the SPA center, you will find a water world with a pool, hydro-massage pools of varying temperatures as well as thermo and crio baths. And as you rightly pointed out, information on prices can be found on our website: www.sokoshotels.com

Thank you very much for your recommendations in the providence of leisure in our city. I think that for guests gathering in our city, it will be very useful information.

We’ll be really glad to welcome you again in our hotel!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed 2 nights in a superior room, 7th floor. Room was ok, but why carpet flooring? Also in the aisle? After some years usage it does not look nice any more and is impossible to clean properly. Room size was ok, nice chairs, with bath and separate shower very good and those also tidy. Air conditioning was a bit noisy but I normally sleep well. So overall nice room. Didn't use gym or spa but the seem to be nice. Breakfast was extensive with wide choice of warm dishes too. Fresh ananas etc. Reception staff polite and well working concierge. So I might come back again, better price-quality ratio tahn in Angleterre or Dostoevsky where I have stayed earlier. Lovation maybe not the best one, you need always taxi.

Room Tip: Maybe there is not very nice views because of neighborhood houses? But from my room 735 you could see little from the big St. Isaac church.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Yana V, Guest Relations Manager at Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Jukka L,

We highly appreciate your time given to communicate the feedback and would like to assure you that it is a very valuable piece of information for us.

In our hotel, almost all rooms have carpet as often hosts families with small children and parents always ask for rooms with carpet, so child can walk Basik. But the hotel offers rooms without carpet. You can always ask at the reception room without carpet.
But all in all very pleased you liked the room.

It is unfortunate that you were not able to visit our beautiful spa and fitness center. Hopefully, the next time your visit, you can fully appreciate them.

Very glad that you liked the breakfast. It is also very glad that the staff at our hotel made ​​you a good impression. We always try to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Thank you for staying with us and we’ll be really happy to see you again in our hotel and to make your stay not simply comfortable but great in all ways.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a few times, and it probably has one of the best gym facilities of any hotel I've ever stayed in. The public area's of the hotel in general, are fantastic - lots of natural light in the lobby bar, and good service. It's a simple 15 minute walk to Nevsky, and you pass by a number of major sights along the way - The Hermitage, Peter and Paul Fortress, Admiralty ... so the location is good as well.

I had one annoying thing happen on my 2nd visit - I didn't cancel one of my rooms outside of 7 days, I think I tried 3 or 4 days before arriving. The hotel was completely booked for the duration of my stay - 3 nights, with people wanting rooms - and I had to pay for the entire stay on the empty room. I understand it's policy, so I wasn't really upset with anyone in particular, but it is something to think about. In any case, the value is so good that I have stayed a couple times since, and will be going back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. / Ms drdtmd,

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel once again.

I am very glad that you are our regular guest. Very nice to receive such great feedback from our dear guests.

I apologize for the situation with your reservation, but as you rightly pointed out, it is policy the hotel and we must follow it. I very much hope that in the future such problems do not arise.

We will be realy glad to see you again in Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge!

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

High quality of beddings and bathroom amenities (separate shower with a twist of a glass bulkhead!). Good a/c which really keeps you comfortable whatever the temp outside. Restaurant has good food but lacks variety, and although most of staff are trying, some could try a little more for that extra 5th star. Hotel bar with good atmosphere but too focused on malt scotch. Last but not least the spa which you must try in order to justify the price of the hotel. Generally a definite Come back hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. / Ms. vyyv,

Thank you for your detailed comments regarding your stay in our hotel!

I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and everything went smooth.
Very glad that you appreciated the work of our staff and of course we organized lot’s of trainings of different kinds to reach our aim of more personalized and client oriented service.

With great pleasure I will welcome you again in our hotel.