Guest House Nevsky 3
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Altburg On Nevskiy 53(St. Petersburg)
  • Room Service
Solo Admiralteyskaya(St. Petersburg)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Tuchkov at the Palace(St. Petersburg)
  • Free Internet
Prestige Hotel(St. Petersburg)
Petr Hotel(St. Petersburg)
  • Restaurant
Station Hotel A1(St. Petersburg)
  • Breakfast included
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsclean roomsgreat locationsavior on spilled bloodwalking distanceisaac's cathedralyardpetersburgmetroenglishtoiletsights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2013

You can't beat the location of the clean and compact guest house, right t the top of Nevsky Prospect opposite the Hermitage and Admiralty. The rooms are probably bigger than most I have stayed in in London. It's a bit daunting to find but once inside its a snug home. The ladies who run it change daily and its nice to know that there are staff there overnight. The area is chockers with great cheap Russian, Georgian and Armenian eateries. The breakfast was basic and filling. Our mattress was a bit lumpy but that was the only quibble. Stay here and spend your money on other things!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scot B
Reviewed 11 July 2013

family of 3 spent 2 nights at Guest House Nevsky 3 on their first visit to Saint Petersburg.

pros: clean room, quiet courtyard, friendly managers, breakfast included, super close to the Winter Palace/restaurants/bank to exchange currency

cons: expensive for a simple room (US $200/night), slightly farther away from the center (Gostinyy dvor) so requires lots of walking or metro, managers are less knowledgeable about tourist attractions than a hotel concierge but are willing to look up/call for you, the managers also take turns sleeping in the kitchen overnight so we felt slightly guilty coming back later at night or getting drinking water from the kitchen.

I would definitely recommend this guest house if you want somewhere clean and quiet and do not mind walking all over the city. Remember that it is a guest house, not a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Serena Z
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We paid $200 US dollars 4 a Very, very small room. While others comment on location, St Petersburg is very spread out. Both women who manage the place were seemingly pleasant but one spoke no English & used a translator for everything & answered yes to things she really did not understand. There are no restaurants close by & most attractions still required a train, or other form of transportation. My husband & I have traveled to over 75 countries, and I've never written a review like this! We have been to many 3rd world countries, enjoy smaller boutique type hotels in the 3 star category. I can't imagine most travelers even sticking it out for the 3 nights we did. The managers slept on roll away cot, did not shower & wore the same clothes for 3 days. A very basic breakfast was served, but I question the cleanliness of it! In Moscow I booked a room at the Hilton due to arriving late at night, which is typically more expensive then St Petersburg only costing me $129. US dollars. It had all the large hotel amenities, to put this in perspective! I have no idea how this guest house received the reviews it did. I'm a hearty traveler who can tolerate alot. I even got claustrophbic in the shower, it was sooo small. I am 5`3, 104 pounds! Beware if you choose this place to stay, Linda Griffin

Room Tip: Location is good, value for the money better spent elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank femaletravelpost
Aksenova, Owner at Guest House Nevsky 3, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Mrs. Linda Griffin,
Thank you for your feedback and comments. We will take your comments on board. It is very unfortunate that you & your partner were the only ones from our many guests who didn't enjoy their stay with us. We constantly get very positive feedback and good reviews, and always strive to improve our services. Apologies that our high standard didn't meet your expectations.
Kind regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed 24 June 2013

The guesthouse is completely renovated although the building is a bit old. The managers help us very much and they were very friendly. It is very clean and the location is perfect, close to Hermitage and main churches of the city. I would recomend this guesthouse to everybody.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nuria M
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Inside this 'apartment' is totally modern and renovated, while the approach looks pretty tatty. As we don't know any Russian we had to ask the girls running the place for quite a bit of advice and help. I couldn't fault them they were exceptionally helpful, made phone calls to book a specific restaurant and printed out a map to help us find it.

the breakfast room is tiny, only 2 tables, so you have to prearrange a time to have breakfast as there are 4 double rooms. the price was very attractive and the location perfect. the manager is there 24 hours a day to unlock the door to let you in. would definitely recommend it. Although it is on Nevsky Prospekt the rooms look onto a courtyard so are fairly quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple