We are huge fans of the W brand and on a cumulative basis, have spent several months in W hotels. High level: W is all about beautiful – trendy, people, service
1. Excellent location – Next to St Isaac Cathedral, 10 min walk from Admiralty and Hermitage
2. Beautiful modern hotel – typical W
3. Great staff (talent) – especially Peter, GM; Marina, Duty Manager, Ms Olga, Concierge (she tried booking train tickets for us online at hotel and did not work and next day booked it from her home computer (using the hotel’s travel agency would have cost us a lot more), and the W talent that dropped us to the railway station (he was outstanding – got our ticket confirmation exchanged into tickets, drove the car on the pavement to help with the excess luggage, helped with luggage to the train and left his cell phone no. with us and asked us to call and that he could then talk in Russian to whoever and sort it out should we encounter any difficulties. We never had to call). These are examples of excellent service that distinguishes a good hotel from an excellent hotel.
4. Excellent service in general – Concierge, reception, Living room
5. Very kid friendly – All the staff were super nice to our daughter and Marina arranged two gifts for her on two different days, which she (and we) loved. Awesome touch to the fantastic experience
6. We were celebrating a special occasion and the talent went above and beyond to make it special for us. We cannot thank them enough.
7. Overall – Oustanding staff in general.
These were minor points for us given the outstanding experience:
1. Turndown service – on their own, it only happened once (where housekeeping came in the evening). On two evenings we did not receive any and one evening we asked for it while going out for dinner. The curtains were drawn and complimentary water kept but the bed was not made
2. The curtains did not close properly and hence did not block the natural out very well. Little bit of a problem during white nights and if you find it hard to sleep when it is bright outside at night
1. Book ticket for Hermitage online at least one day in advance (it takes about 12 hours to process on website);
2. If you only need 2-3 hours at the Hermitage and not the entire day, go around 3 as there was no line for ticket and crowd starts thinning out;
3. St Petersburg , in our opinion, is a much nicer city than Moscow. People are warmer, a much larger percentage speak English and hotel and restaurant staff actually smile (not very common in Moscow)
4. Train from Moscow to St Petersburg – I booked ticket online on Grand express website. Grand Express is supposed to be the most luxurious and a private Company. After booking, did not receive a confirmation email and so wrote on their online forum. They confirmed they had our reservation and that the ticket would be delivered to our hotel. Ticket was not delivered. Phone calls several times (to their Moscow and St Petersburg offices not answered). By this time it was too late to make alternate train reservations and we flew. Needless to say – Super disappointed with their service or rather the lack of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern wonder romanced by Saint Petersburg's elegant traditions, where nostalgia meets cutting edge cool in Russia's historical capital of glamour, fashion, and music. Conceptualized by award-winning designers Antonio Citterio Patricia Viel and Partners, W St. Petersburg is located in the heart of the city next to St. Isaac's Cathedral, a stones throw from the lavish Winter Palace with the famed Hermitage Museum and a short stroll from the spectacular Neva River. Indulge in our Living Room, tune into the DJ beats on our panoramic terrace, check out our panoramic meeting space WOUNGE and unwind at bliss spa and WET swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your W St. Petersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w St. Petersburg Hotel St. Petersburg