“W perfect”

Ranked #20 of 335 Hotels in St. Petersburg
alicante
“W perfect”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The hotel is going better every day, the staff, mainly Marina, is very helpful and efficient she is the one and should be in a better position. The location is perfect if you are there either for bussiness or tourist and the better restaurants in the city are walking distance

Room Tip: Las mejores, las haabitaciones a la calle o al patio interior y las de plantas superiores
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Hi jordi93,
Thank you so much for your loyalty and for getting back to us with your review. I’m very glad that you notice positive changes in the hotel, and I’m looking forward to see you soon.
Best regards,
Peter Katusak-Huzsvar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We were very fortunate to stay at the W St. Petersburg. Upon arrival to St. Petersburg, the airline lost our luggage. We had a pickup from the W's car serrvices and the driver was very understanding about our problem. We arrived at the hotel and the staff, who was amazing, greeted us and helped to reach the airport to arrange delivery of our bags. The next day after our tour we arrived back to our hotel to find our bags waiting for us in our room! Big thank you to the staff.

The rooms are new and typical of a W hotel. We found our room to be very hot, but one call to the front desk fixed that. They made great dinner recommendations and reservations along with arranging taxi transfer. The hotel was a little on the expensive side, in terms of dining. Our continental breakfast was about $100 usd. I would have given four stars because of that, but the staff was excellent and made our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear Ryguy22x,
Thank you so much for your positive review of W St. Petersburg! I’m glad that the misfortune with your luggage was solved by our talents shortly. As for your comment about the restaurant we will pass it to our B&F partner Alain Ducasse Enterprise. On a positive side I’m glad our Whatever/Whenever service could make good dinning suggestions that would match your taste.
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 6 February 2013

A weekend in W was my Bday present from my other half. The hotel is EXACTLY what the city was missing! W is a stylish, relaxed, bold and aimed at young people with a passion for glamour and fashion.

The staff are most friendly. It was my Bday on the day I arrived - I went out for dinner and when I was back there was a bottle of sparkling wine and a huge pack of coloured balloons with a lovely Bday note :-). The staff made my day and I was most grateful for that :-).

The rooms are designed by professional designers and scream style and comfort. Every single detail is well thought through. The bed is incredibly comfortable! My room had two tiny balconies and a cosy view over the well designed courtyard.

The shower rooms have waterfall showers, electronic scales on the floor and lots of nice toiletries.

There is a great audio and video system in the room. You can borrow a DVD from a collection of over 120 films. The fridge has a selection of heathy organic drinks :-).

The restaurant downstairs serves superb food and you can order perhaps the world's best late in the bar opposite it.

The location is superb! You are 20 meters away from 2 great Indian restaurants and some 100 meters away from the St Isaac's cathedral and a number of tourist sights as well as famous hotels.

It is 100% that I will be coming here again and again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear safaricakes,
Thank you for staying with us on this very special day! Let me cordially congratulate you once again and I wish your every next stay with us will be as emotional and positive as this one. Thank you for your review with attention to so many details and also for your handy tips, I hope they will be valuable for other guests.Looking forward to see you again,
Mölnlycke, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Good central located Hotel, Very friendly staff with good service and good skill in english language. Designed rooms with high "wow" factor. Europeean buffe breakfast was tasty and fully ok but the coffee was not so good.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear LissHenriksson,
Thank you very much for you positive feedback to our hotel. I’m glad you valued our service and rooms design so high. As for the coffee at our restaurant miX in St. Petersburg we will look closer into the way we make it. Looking forward to see you again at the hotel and treat you with the best coffee.
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2013

This is a chill, perfectly located hotel in St Petersburg within walking distance to the Hermitage Museum, restaurants, cafes, bars, and other STP cultural attractions. I stayed there for 2 nights in Dec 12, and was overall very pleasantly surprised with how well this hotel has its 'act' together for recently opening (in 2011, I think). The General Manager met us in person upon check in, was extremely friendly, courteous, and helpful with tips of things to do in LED. We were offered a welcome drink in the bar on the top floor of the hotel, and the W Welcome Concierge was 'anticipatory' of all our restaurant, tours, & sights we wanted to see. Great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for Room 710, if you're a Starwood Platinum! :)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ace21
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear Ace21,
Thank you so much for your loyalty to Starwood Preferred Guest Program and your positive feedback to W St. Petersburg. I’m very glad you valued the location of the hotel and our handy city tips. That was a pleasure to meet you and it’s very nice to hear that we managed to surprise you!
England
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Very cool ( as with all W hotels) and possibly a bit flash for one of my business meetings but the staff and the location are the making of this W. The rooms look like a window display from a trendy Danish furniture shop

Despite previous visits I forgot W rooms have super soft beds, often have showers instead of baths and my view of the back was a wall but I was on business and sadly on my own. W's are made for romance. For the price ( big discount found online) I was very happy. They gave me free wifi in the room as a welcome gift for SPG Gold membership but there's free wifi in the lobby cafe and top bar. They also dont have free water in the rooms anymore and charge 600RUB to use the pool. As you cannot drink the water I did feel that this deserved a complaint but ended up paying 800RUB for two bottles in my room.

The "miX" ( sic) Restaurant in the hotel is one of Alain Ducasse's feted openings and is very highly rated with high prices to match - think £100 a head. I didnt go as I was on a recession busting business expenses budget but found some great local Russian places to eat and used the excellent room service as I hadnt slept that well on the train from Moscow. How often do you see a perfect hand picked out rocket salad, pert, beautifully dressed and seasoned next to a room service toasted ham and cheese sandwich? Not often.

A few pointers; there are some fabulous local places that serve much better breakfasts for 25% of the price here ( Cafe Zoom especially), theres free coffee 6 am to 10 am that you can take away at the ground floor bar and the famous miX restauarant does a good value fast 6 mini course lunch

All in all the perfect base to explore St P as the best thing about this hotel is that you dont have to run the gauntlet of using the 99% dodgy taxis, it is so central you can walk in seconds/ minutes to all the top spots and museums. Its so close that some rooms have great views of them if this is important to you

Room Tip: Join SPG, get upgraded, some are shower only, many rooms have amazing views, ask them before you set...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Dear UKBoyDKGirl,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay at W St. Petersburg. I’m glad you liked out talents and highly estimated their service. Thank you for your loyalty to SPG Programme – here at W St. Petersburg we use every opportunity to recognize guests SPG statuses and provide them with a room upgrade or with a nice little surprise. Getting back to your comment about water – for our Gold SPG members we bring a bottle of water in the room free of charge. I apologize if this benefit was not properly communicated to you or if this water was not enough. On a positive side I’m glad you liked our location in the historical center of the city. I hope when you come next time you will get the room with a bird’s eye view of the city.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations. The room on the 8th floor was beyond comfortable with so many small functions that made it better than the average hotel room. Everything was clean, bed was extra cozy. Hotel staff were exceptional. We dined at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast and could not speak highly enough of the ambience, menu, food and service. We will definitely continue to use this chain!

Room Tip: We had the Marvellous room, chosen because it include a 6pm check out.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lizh88
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear lizh88,
Thank you so much for your feedback to us regarding your recent stay at W St. Petersburg. I’m very glad that we could manage to impress you with our service and rooms. Thank you for feedback to our restaurant miX in St. Petersburg. It is managed by the team of a famous chef Alain Ducasse. They are always ready to provide the best culinary experience to guests. They also have their page on Tripadvisor and they would be happy to get your recommendation.