“Nice hotel in a nice city”
Review of W St. Petersburg

W St. Petersburg
Ranked #20 of 358 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Excellent location, very comfortable, elegant, warm atmosphere. Very nice staff. Breakfast could be improved a little bit. I would recommend it both for leisure and business trips. UNfortunately I had no time for the SPA, so I cannot judge it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear PatriziaT,
Thank you so much for your positive review of W St. Petersburg. I hope next time you will save some time to enjoy our Bliss spa. It has great variety of treatments to match the guests’ needs. Thank you for recommending us!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We really liked this hotel. It has a great modern 'vibe' , the public areas are nice and our room was large, well-furnished and comfortable with lots of gizmos. The location is excellent; just across from St Isaacs Cathedral and a few minutes walk from the Hermitage.

The staff were lovely, especially the reception staff who were really helpful with restaurant bookings and other advice. We really enjoyed the rooftop Mixup bar, which is a great favourite with the city's beautiful people and we got to watch the Victory Day fireworks from there - champagne in hand.

The only disappointment were the breakfasts, served in the Mix restaurant. The buffet is small and slow to be refreshed. I ordered eggs one morning and they were served burnt and another morning the eggs never arrived at all! All this put us off trying the Mix reapstaurant.

We would however recommend the Mansard Restaurant a few minutes walk and with great views over St Isaacs Cathedral.

If I was lucky enough to visit St Petersburg again, I would definitely stay here but would breakfast elsewhere.

2  Thank Spineynorman
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear SpineyNorman,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for recommending W St. Petersburg. I’m very glad that you could feel our welcoming atmosphere and liked out rooms. I’m sorry to hear that breakfast at miX in St. Petersburg didn’t meet your expectations. We will share your comment with our B&F partner. On a positive note I’m glad that you liked our miXup terrace and that you we lucky to watch fireworks. Thanks to the terrace location in the very city center our guests are always able to witness all the brightest city celebrations. Besides I recommend enjoying a lunch or a dinner in the open air at the terrace and try the special summer menu to fit the mood of the white nights and fantastic panoramic views from miXup terrace.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stayed at the W on our recent trip to St. Petersburg in May 2013. We picked it for its locations and reputation. The best thing is it's central location and minutes walk to most of the attractions and metro station. The rooftop bar has a fantastic view of the city but the drinks were not tasty. It was expensive as expected. The lobby lounge area was very appealing and relaxing. The front staffs were nice and helpful. The continental breakfast was WAY overrated, nothing special besides cereal, milk, eggs, and some fruits...table service was non-existent...definitely not worth it for $50 U.S. Walk around the corner for much cheaper better food and coffee at the numerous restaurants and cafes nearby. The room was averaged size and nicely decorated. Room service was below average for a hotel of this caliber...amenities were not replaced daily, floors felt dirty sometimes, towels and wash clothes were not replaced a few days thus prompting us to call to have it replaced. The towels were one of the hardest and thinnest towels I've experienced from a 5 star hotel...it felt more like a MOTEL towel...nothing luxurious in that department. For the price, I was expecting more like some of the previous W hotels in the states...thus, if you want to save some money or have better qualities, stay somewhere else. I would tell my friends to avoid this place.

1  Thank tom_houston10

Dear tom_houston10,
Thank you for your feedback to W St. Petersburg. I’m sorry to hear that your experience with the hotel didn’t meet your expectations. I must assure you that we have never had any issues with cleanliness in guest rooms and we have always been following our high service standards. We will definitely look into your case closely and we will take all possible measures to avoid this ever happening again. On a positive side I’m glad that you liked our location and panoramic views from our miXup terrace. I hope to welcome you at W St. Petersburg in the future!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the W St. Petersburg May 5-8, 2013. The location was perfect! It was a block from the Winter Palace / Hermitage, and just a few blocks from the statue of Peter the Great, and many good restaurants.

Peter and Paul Fortress, the Church of the Spilled Blood, and Nevsky Prospekt were also within easy walks.

The hotel itself was great. The room was spotless and comfortable, the staff was pleasant and helpful, and the rooftop bar is not to be missed!

I would definitely recommend the W for visits to St. Petersburg.

Dear MoveOut,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback to W St. Petersburg. I’m glad you benefited from the location of the hotel and made a lot of sightseeing. Most of the city attractions are really within a walking distance from the hotel. I’m happy that you liked the hotel rooms, our design and service in the hotel and I’m looking forward to see you at W St. Petersburg soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Truly the best hotel in st Petersburg !!! Location, great vibe, modern and trendy, roof terrace, super staff and amazing spa !
Impressive dedication of the staff , with good knowledge of English
The rooms are very comfortable
Room 802 was without doubt the best ! View on the st Isaac cathedral !
My room had a Nespresso machine complimentary use !!! And refilled every days with a great selection of coffee pads
A for sure 'return' address !!! Rather soon then later
Thanks for the great stay and for the amazing help with arrangements , advice

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Olivier V,
Thank you so much for your positive review of W St. Petersburg! It was pleasure to greet you in the hotel. I appreciate your feedback about our talents and excellent service. I hope we will not wait long for you to come back and you will still have chance to visit our miXup terrace which is open only for the summer time and white nights.
Best regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2013

The W is the perfect base for a long weekend to St Petersburg. From there you can walk everywhere you need to without resorting to public transport. The Hermitage is on the doorstep as are the boat trips around the Canals and also to Peterhoff.
The hotel is funky, staff really friendly and helpful and the rooftop bar a great spot for people watching and getting a great view across the City.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear expatsal,
Thank you for your positive feedback to W St. Petersburg! I’m glad your experience with us made a good impression on you. Thank you for highlighting the location of the hotel - it’s really unbeatable and it provides best city views from the rooftop. The location is also the best for walking tours and boat trips as you mentioned it.
I’m looking forward to see you back soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

room is wonderful with all of the amenities including tv in the bathroom! great shower; exercise room could use more individual pieces. dining room quite good but a bit pricey. chafing dishes for eggs,etc. were cold at breakfast. not a good start but can order from the menu as well.
location is great.
on eight floor is a gem of an outside cafe.bar! pen from May to October.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear john m b,
Thank you for your positive review of W St. Petersburg. I’m glad you liked our rooms and amenities. I’m sorry to hear that our breakfast was not satisfying for you. I will pass your comments to the restaurant team. On the positive side I’m glad that you liked our rooftop terrace miXup. During the day time it operates as an open-air restaurant with grill and other summer dishes. At night it turns into a city hotspot with exclusive cocktails and live DJs performance. I hope you will have chance to visit us again during the summer time to enjoy your time on the terrace and in the hotel.