“Great hotel for a weekend trip to Saint-Petersbourg”
Review of W St. Petersburg

W St. Petersburg
Ranked #20 of 364 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Very nice location within walking distance from key sights. Excellent spa facilities - hammam, sauna and swimming pool. The only Bliss spa in Russia - highly recommend mani&pedi technician Elena Grigorieva.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors have a great view and sunshine during the whole day
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Maria M,
Thank you very much for the review of W St. Petersburg. I am glad to hear that you had a great weekend in our hotel. Let me kindly inform you that every month bliss spa has a special offer for our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Mario Habicher

Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

On my last visit to the W ( which I used to loved for his friendly and Professional service ) I 've had the worst experience you can immagine, a very arrogant and egocentric bars and restaurant staff, who constantly ignores you when you reach for help....and when you finally talk to them, they make you feel so little or make you feel you are responsible for waiting so long...
Obviously something has changed for the last few months there, it is not the same " ambiance" and service standart anymore...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank olga z
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Olga z,
Thank you for reviewing your last stay at W St. Petersburg and your loyalty to our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the last experience in the bar was below your expectations. We appreciate every comment and let me kindly assure you we are working on the service trainings for our staff.
I hope your next stay at W St. Petersburg will be impeccable.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

W is comfortable and modern feeling - a great alternative to some of the more conventional business hotels and nice base for tourism too . Reception and service is very good and there are a couple of bars on site. The restaurant by Alain Ducasse might lead you to expect something a bit more special - some dishes were original and worked well others a bit hit and miss. I am guessing he may not visit often. I like the rooms and bathrooms - comfortable and modern beds. Large walk in showers - but no baths in rooms I have been in- just in case you want one. Location is great - very central. Recommended

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank businesstraveller70
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Businesstraveller70,
Thank you for reviewing and recommending W St. Petersburg. I am very happy you have highligthed service at our Welcome Desk and enjoyed the rainforest shower in your room. Let me kindly inform you that we do have bathtubs in other room categories.
We're looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

W St.Petersburg used to be my favourite hotel in the city in past 2 years. I've stayed there 3-4 times during this period. I loved the atmosphere and design of this Wonderful facility. Though the only thing I I was unpleasantly surprised every time was the work of front line staff being unfriendliness and helpless to their guests.

My last stay was beyond the critical point. It took them 25 minutes (!) to check-in me and my friends to 2 rooms. They never smiled or apologized. They always stared at their screens and not on the guest, like I was not there.

At night we decided to try the white wine from the room minibar. But we discovered that It was spoiled. Bottles from both rooms. When I approached the guy at the reception desk he seemed absolutely lost and unprofessional about how to deal with such cases to remain the client satisfied. Then he promised to call my room back with the solution but after 15 minutes waiting I had to come back to him myself. It took him 40 (!) minutes to find other wine. But the most otrageous thing was that on the check-out next day the hotel asked me to pay for the 2 bottles of spoiled wine!!! A barmen told that it was not spoiled, but its taste just was "transformed"! What does It mean? If I want to drink Le Petit Chabli, It should smell and taste like Le Petit Chabli!

I'm used to promote W as my favourite hotel among all my friends and they lost me as a client forever just because of 2500 Roubles. So stupid!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Anton S
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Anton S,

Thank you for the detailed feedback and your loyalty to W St. Petersburg. I am very disappointed to hear that this time the experience with our hotel didn't meet your expectations. First of all let me apologize for the inconveniences related to check-in. As I am aware upon arrival you have requested a special rate through a third-party company, which took our Welcome Desk team an extra time to contact the company for booking confirmation. Next time our team will be more sufficient under these circumstances and booking difficulties will be avoided. Regarding the situation with wine in minibar thank you for communicating this issue immediately to us so we could fix the problem. Our sommelier has carefully selected 2 complimentary full-size bottles of fine wine as a recovery for the incident. On the positive note I am glad that you have liked your previous stays and I hope that the next time we can make up for all the inconveniences and your stay will be impeccable. If you would like to share further comments on what else can be improved please contact me directly from my email: GMMario.Habicher@whotels.com.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the bed, and that is it! Sorry, and the bathroom amenities, great shower gel and shampoo, but otherwise, avoid this overpriced, small, ill conceived wannabee W that will never liv up to the true ethos of the brand. Russians might find this a funkt new kind of hotel, but those of us who travel will quickly realise this is no real W. Small, pathetic lobby, ridiculously over priced restaurant with mediocre food at best, and poor food more the norm. This is a sorry example of a brand that should stand for unique life style experience. There are far better in St. Pete, including 4 Seasons, Kempinski, Astoria, D`Angleterre, Corinthia, Radisson Royal, shack across the passage, basically anything is better.

One exception, in the summer, the best bar is on the W roof!!! Other than that, avoid. Shame there is no direct lift so you could avoid the hotel lobby and all the associated wannabees!!!

Room Tip: None, go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Frenchflyer48
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Frenchflyer48,
Thank you the review of your stay at W St. Petersburg and your loyalty to W Hotels Worldwide. I am sorry you didn't like our lobby and French contemporary cuisine in miX in St. Petersburg restaurant by Alain Ducasse. On the positive note I am glad you liked miXup bar & Terrace on the rooftop and bliss amenities in your room. I appreciate all your comments and we are constantly working on improving guest's experience. I hope you will come back for bliss spa or miXup Terrace next summer and you will be able to enjoy our hotel.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed here for 5 days on Starwood reward points. The staff was very friendly and attentive - on short notice they were able to arrange 3 days of private tours around the city, as well as all our transportation needs (we went to the Mariinsky every night, and were always dropped off and picked up by the hotel.). Regarding transportation, the hotel Porsche SUVs are very expensive, but we were able to request a regular sedan for a price just moderately more than a taxi with none of the hassle or safety concerns. The hotel is centrally located, and the rooms as expected for a W, with very comfortable beds. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in St. Petersburg.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Flipper775,
Thank you very much for your review of W St. Petersburg. I am very happy to hear that we keep up with W Hotels worldwide. Our Concierge team is honored to hear your positive feedback on their job with city tours and transportation.
We hope to see you again for the White Nights season in summer.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

over all my stay was just ok. comfortable room, lots of unnecessary conveniences but lacking closet space for clothes, not very attentive bar and restaurant staff, average (at best) breakfast, gym is very very small.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Aleevskidm,
Thank you for your comment on your recent stay at W St. Petersburg. I am sorry to hear that you were not impressed with our breakfast in miX in St. Petersburg restaurant and FIT gym. If you decide to come back let us know, so our W Insider will prepare more options for you to choose from. We hope to see you again at W St. Petersburg.