“Attentive front line staff and great spa”
Review of W St. Petersburg

W St. Petersburg
Ranked #19 of 359 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We chose the the hotel because of the location and we were not disappointed. The hotel is within walking distance of all major sites in Peter. The decor is very modern (purple white and crome!) and not what I usually would go for in a historic place but it was quite ok with comfortable beds and spacious bathrooms. The rooftop terrasse is a fantastic place to sit and enjoy the afternoon sun and a coffee. I visited the spa multiple times - Tonia (?) is a fantastic massage therapist and I had the best pedicure ever ao. My husband celebrated his Bithday at the day of arrival and we were met at the airport in the W Panamera Peorche with a bottle of Champagne. What a great way to start our Russia adventure.. Thanks to a wonderful attentive front line staff. Only one bad thing happened; someone removed my expensive manicure set from the bedside table, so watch out for valuables and use the safe.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susanne B
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Susanne B,
Thank you for the comment on your recent stay at W St. Petersburg. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your time in our hotel and celebrated your husband's birthday in a fun way with a special surprise in Porsche Panamera.
I am sorry for the incident with the manicure set. On the 30th of April our Style Department has found an identified manicure set, to get more information please contact our manager Gaiane Khachikian at gaiane.khachikian@whotels.com
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

W St Petersburg is a boutique hotel right near the Hermitage and St Isaacs cathedral. The Rooms were very clean and we'll appointed if a bit unusual in their decor but fun. The bed was super comfortable and the rain shower was really nice. The best part of the stay was the service though. Every staff member went out of their way to say hello, ask if they could do anything, and in general be very friendly which in my opinion is key when you are traveling alone in a new city for the first time. The car service to and from the airport was superb. Highest marks to the W ! Great job!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Larry S,
Thank you for your comment on your recent stay at W St. Petersburg. I am very glad to hear that you had an amazing time in St. Petersburg and in our hotel in particular.
We hope to see soon in your home away home.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel is perfect in almost every way. The girls at the front desk are amazing from the moment you walk in and the hotel is designed with the usual W-chic decor. The rooms are comfortable with great beds and have great showers. The upstairs bar has the best view in st. Pete as long as the weather permits. The location is walking distance to anywhere in St. Petersburg and the concierge and W Insider Daria go out of their way to make sure your plans go off without a hitch. After a long night of partying in st Pete the concierge was able to get us last minute tickets to the hermitage so we didn't miss it before we left. If you are into modern, first class amenities and staff this is the place for you. I won't stay anywhere Else when I return! Thanks again W.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Sk8man73,
Thank you for taking your time to review W St. Petersburg. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and highlighted the concierge service & W Insider tops.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great location; walking distance to all cultural attractions. Very speedy and friendly pick-up at the airport with their Limousine. Check-in staff very friendly and efficient. Rooms are nice and spacious - loved the decor. Very special and equally interesting. SPG Platinum benefits all ok. Concierge staff at all time very helpful and has good tips and hints. We did the vast majority of her recommendations that made the stay perfect from a sightseeing point of view. They have enormous improvement potential when it comes to the breakfast. That is simply a disgrace. No service, buffet is no restocked properly, ordering a fried and a coffee takes nearly one hour. I had to get the concierge to help me order my cooked breakfast and two cups of coffee since the staff there simply paid no attention to the guest and when I told them something they forgot immediately. We did not have breakfast as of the 3rd day. The selection is also very very poor. Presentation is rather unsavory. Secondly, the housekeeping. Inconsistent. One day we got new towels, the next day we don't. When calling, no word of apology. Also not very polite for a W. Then, they don't understand the meaning of the "do no disturb" sign. They don't knock at lunchtime, they simply call. No difference really. Thirdly, spa staff is rather disorganized. There, some simple training explaining the details such as that as SPG platinum you don't pay to go for a swim, would solve the issue. So all in all, very mixed feelings. We might return though as with everything that does not run properly, only once management has been replaced. At the end, it's not correct to blame the staff; it's always management. The bosses are accountable and responsible to correct. Thus, a long way to go to a true W ......

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RHW1974,
Thank you for your review of W St. Petersburg and your loyalty to W Hotels Worldwide. I am sorry to hear that service in the restaurant and housekeeping was below your expectations. We appreciate every comment and let me kindly assure you we are working on the service trainings for our staff. On the positive note I am glad that you have liked your room and concierge service and I hope that your next stay will be impeccable. If you would like to share further comments on what else can be improved please contact me directly from my email: GMMario.Habicher@whotels.com.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel is very nice, the location is great but how it really distinguished itself was in the care that was given to me when I had a medical emergency during my recent stay.
I had a pregnancy related issue, and the reception concierge made sure I went to a specific clinic to ensure I was given the right attention, quickly.
She called ahead of my arrival at the clinic to let them know what was going on, and then called to check on my status while I was there.
As I greeted her upon my return from the maternity clinic, she seemed relieved to see me and asked about my health status and what they could do to make the rest of my stay more comfortable given my circumstances. I am definitely happy I was able to get confirmation of my health status and that of the baby, and really satisfied with the hotel that went beyond expectations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear CKay18,
Thank you for the positive comment on your recent stay at W ST. Petersburg. I am very glad you have enjoyed everything and that you have highlighted the service provided by our team.
We wish you all the best and we hope to welcome you back with your child.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Very poor quality of services and everything. Rooms look tired. The staff is lazy and seems not managed at all...

Nobody at the entrance for guests meeting

For a breakfast all the tables were not cleaned up, all the guests were waiting 10-15 min.

Lots of other cases..

Sorry, W St.Pete became worse, that's not about service any more.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex B
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Alex B,
Thank you for your review of W St. Petersburg. I am sorry to hear that the service this time has not met your expectations. However, we take every comment very seriously and working on fixing all the issues. If you would like to share further comments on what else can be improved please contact me directly from my email: GMmario.habicher@whotels.com.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

A boutique hotel in an old (but refurbished) building walking distance from the Ermitage and the West end of Nevsky Prospekt. Interestingly decorated rooms with windows you can open, and decent service. What you expect from a W with the added character of St Petersburg.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Anthony b,
Thank you for your positive comment and your loyalty to W Hotels Worldwide. I am very happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay at W St. Petersburg and pointed out our unique style.
We hope to see you soon again.