“We loved it!”

Ranked #22 of 334 Hotels in St. Petersburg
San Francisco, California
“We loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We enjoyed our time at the W St. Petersburg. My girlfriend arrived at the hotel before me and one of the staff members (Daria) went out of her way to keep her company. They had discussed their mutual love for ballet dancing. The next day, to our surprise, Daria had left a ballet figurine in our room! We've been taking that ballerina out with us during all our travels in Europe. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Dognaught,
Thank you for the review of W St. Petersburg. I am glad our W Insider Daria has made you feel so welcomed in St. Petersburg and managed to create a little surprise for your girlfriend.
We hope to see you back on your next trip to Europe.

Mario Habicher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

W. St. Petersburg has two standout attractions, the location and the service. Since many have written about the location, I will refrain. The service was way above what I expected. Certainly everyone was friendly but there is nothing better than a pleasant surprise. About 3 months before traveling to Russia, I read an article in the New York Times entitled "Back in the ('30's U.S.S.R) about an gentlemen in St. Petersburg that had an old stately apartment laid out in the Soviet Style complete with artwork, artifacts, furniture, and memorabilia from the Stalin era. Well, the front desk called the owner of the apartment, and after returning from sightseeing one day, they told me the owner of the apartment was coming to pick me up! When he arrived in a 90's Chrysler PT Cruiser, I was even more surprised! He graciously took me to the apartment and explained it all in great detail, even dressing me up in Trotsky's old parade jacket. It was a once in a lifetime visit, aided by the W.

Room Tip: There is an excellent bar called mixup on the roof. If you want a quiet room, request for one that...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Jeff K,
Thank you for the positive review. I am very glad to hear you had an amazing time at W St. Petersburg and we hope you will come back to us for more special surprises from our W team.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I always stay at the W when I visit St. Petersburg for business. I cannot say that it is exceptionally different from any other good 5* hotel but it definitely has a fresh ambience. The rooms are very well equipped and the bed is so good that it is always tough to get up in the morning. The overall hotel is designed in modern style and yet with so much comfort that the stay there always offers an unforgettable experince!
The staff are very young yet well trained to service with care. The food is certainly very good given that the menu was created by a Michelin awarded chef.
Overall, a home away from home for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Babyquattro,
Thank you for your comment and your loyalty to W St. Petersburg. I am very glad that you like the service by our staff and the food in miX in St. Petersburg restaurant by Alain Ducasse.
We hope to welcome you back soon in your home away home.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We chose the the hotel because of the location and we were not disappointed. The hotel is within walking distance of all major sites in Peter. The decor is very modern (purple white and crome!) and not what I usually would go for in a historic place but it was quite ok with comfortable beds and spacious bathrooms. The rooftop terrasse is a fantastic place to sit and enjoy the afternoon sun and a coffee. I visited the spa multiple times - Tonia (?) is a fantastic massage therapist and I had the best pedicure ever ao. My husband celebrated his Bithday at the day of arrival and we were met at the airport in the W Panamera Peorche with a bottle of Champagne. What a great way to start our Russia adventure.. Thanks to a wonderful attentive front line staff. Only one bad thing happened; someone removed my expensive manicure set from the bedside table, so watch out for valuables and use the safe.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susanne B
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Susanne B,
Thank you for the comment on your recent stay at W St. Petersburg. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your time in our hotel and celebrated your husband's birthday in a fun way with a special surprise in Porsche Panamera.
I am sorry for the incident with the manicure set. On the 30th of April our Style Department has found an identified manicure set, to get more information please contact our manager Gaiane Khachikian at gaiane.khachikian@whotels.com
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

W St Petersburg is a boutique hotel right near the Hermitage and St Isaacs cathedral. The Rooms were very clean and we'll appointed if a bit unusual in their decor but fun. The bed was super comfortable and the rain shower was really nice. The best part of the stay was the service though. Every staff member went out of their way to say hello, ask if they could do anything, and in general be very friendly which in my opinion is key when you are traveling alone in a new city for the first time. The car service to and from the airport was superb. Highest marks to the W ! Great job!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Larry S,
Thank you for your comment on your recent stay at W St. Petersburg. I am very glad to hear that you had an amazing time in St. Petersburg and in our hotel in particular.
We hope to see soon in your home away home.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel is perfect in almost every way. The girls at the front desk are amazing from the moment you walk in and the hotel is designed with the usual W-chic decor. The rooms are comfortable with great beds and have great showers. The upstairs bar has the best view in st. Pete as long as the weather permits. The location is walking distance to anywhere in St. Petersburg and the concierge and W Insider Daria go out of their way to make sure your plans go off without a hitch. After a long night of partying in st Pete the concierge was able to get us last minute tickets to the hermitage so we didn't miss it before we left. If you are into modern, first class amenities and staff this is the place for you. I won't stay anywhere Else when I return! Thanks again W.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Sk8man73,
Thank you for taking your time to review W St. Petersburg. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and highlighted the concierge service & W Insider tops.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great location; walking distance to all cultural attractions. Very speedy and friendly pick-up at the airport with their Limousine. Check-in staff very friendly and efficient. Rooms are nice and spacious - loved the decor. Very special and equally interesting. SPG Platinum benefits all ok. Concierge staff at all time very helpful and has good tips and hints. We did the vast majority of her recommendations that made the stay perfect from a sightseeing point of view. They have enormous improvement potential when it comes to the breakfast. That is simply a disgrace. No service, buffet is no restocked properly, ordering a fried and a coffee takes nearly one hour. I had to get the concierge to help me order my cooked breakfast and two cups of coffee since the staff there simply paid no attention to the guest and when I told them something they forgot immediately. We did not have breakfast as of the 3rd day. The selection is also very very poor. Presentation is rather unsavory. Secondly, the housekeeping. Inconsistent. One day we got new towels, the next day we don't. When calling, no word of apology. Also not very polite for a W. Then, they don't understand the meaning of the "do no disturb" sign. They don't knock at lunchtime, they simply call. No difference really. Thirdly, spa staff is rather disorganized. There, some simple training explaining the details such as that as SPG platinum you don't pay to go for a swim, would solve the issue. So all in all, very mixed feelings. We might return though as with everything that does not run properly, only once management has been replaced. At the end, it's not correct to blame the staff; it's always management. The bosses are accountable and responsible to correct. Thus, a long way to go to a true W ......

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear RHW1974,
Thank you for your review of W St. Petersburg and your loyalty to W Hotels Worldwide. I am sorry to hear that service in the restaurant and housekeeping was below your expectations. We appreciate every comment and let me kindly assure you we are working on the service trainings for our staff. On the positive note I am glad that you have liked your room and concierge service and I hope that your next stay will be impeccable. If you would like to share further comments on what else can be improved please contact me directly from my email: GMMario.Habicher@whotels.com.