Courtyard St. Petersburg Center West/Pushkin Hotel
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$276
US$268
US$498
US$285
US$276
  • Pool
Radisson Sonya Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$177
  • Breakfast included
Anglettere Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$260
  • Pool
Pushka Inn Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$325
US$408
US$322
Agoda.com
All reviewsnice hotelfree wifiironing boardquiet areacomfortable bedsbusiness triphotel is locatednevsky prospectconvenient locationmarriottshuttlemetrocitypetersburgstsennayapushkin
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The newly built hotel, typically Marriott, nothing special. I mean rooms are big and well equipped, as well as lobby and all public areas. We stayed there with friends for several nights. Parking in front of the hotel is free, breakfast was very good with the selection of cold and hot dishes, meat, cheese, etc. The only small minus, I could remember, staff. They were ok mainly, but some of them seem to be not very well trained, so that check-out took 10 minutes, coz the young lady had been trying to return some money (around 30 eur) on my credit card until her boss came and did it in 2 min.
The location is perfect if you are by car, coz it's very centrally and close to everything (in the same time it's not very overcrowded with traffic area + free parking), but public transport (subway) is quite far from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I have spent 6 nights in this hotel with my wife and son. The place is newly built but some of the public areas are built inside a shell of older building. The rooms are new and clear. Our room was facing backyard and was very quiet. WIFI in the lobby (free of chanrge) and in the room (payment required) was OK. Breakfast buffet is tasty and has many hot and cold items.
The german restaurant is clearly ovepriced.
Please note that the hotel is far from Subway so other forms of public transportation such as Buses and taxis must be used to reach the center of the city.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I spent five nights in this hotel for a business journey at the Russian Science Academy in St Petersburg. Fortunately, I sent an e-mail a few days before my arrival, to say that I expected a perfect service and quality for my staying. The staff answered me that everything would be OK. As I arrived, I met the director of the hotel, and they gave me a very good room, on the fifth floor. As promised, my staying at this hotel was very pleasant. Well-kept and clean rooms, helpful staff, pleasant lobby.
Sometimes, in the evening, noise could be heard from parties/weddings in the restaurant of the hotel, but not later than 11PM.
There are many groups who are staying at this hotel. This was not a problem for me. Many americans, germans, frenchs. In other reviews about this hotel, one could read that members of the staff were not friendly. What I noticed during my staying at the hotel, is that members of the staff do not like to be agressed by english speaking tourists (americans, australians) who complain and grouse all the time, who are not able to wait a few minutes before to get what they asked for, who think that they are the only ones who the staff should care about. Advice for english speaking tourists: verbally agress a russian, and you are sure that you won't get what you asked for. In the contrary: if you can say a word or two in russian, if you are able to keep polite, then you will be treated as a king.
About the fact that the hotel is far away from buses and metro lines: that is a mistake. There is a bus stop 100 meters away, where buses come every 7 minutes and go directly to the Nevsky Prospect, following the Sadovaya Ulitsa.
Not far from the hotel (5-10 minutes away), there are several restaurants, where you can eat typical russian food for very cheap prices. To see where these restaurants are, have a look on google earth.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank BenoitJeanPierrovitc
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We spent two nights here. It appeared to be tour-group central, and the staff was obviously overstressed by the hoards of people in the lobby. Unlike the Couryard Marriott in Moscow, the staff was less than helpful; when we arrived a bit early (1 pm) for our check-in, we were told that rooms would not be available until 3--fortunately our Russian friend fussed a bit about 'not the standard of service he expected of a luxury hotel' and rooms magically materialized. The room was fine, the mattress and bedding appeared to be quite new and was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was again jammed with groups, making breakfast feel hectic. The location is a bit out of the way, but near canals and nice walks.
Gorgeous city, and we had a wonderful private tour of the Hermitage and Winter Palace (plus the Church of the Spilled Blood and the Fortress of St Peter and Paul) one day--would love to have had more time to explore. We arranged our tour through Eugenia (Zhenya) Kempinsky, and our guide, Elena, was fabulous--very knowledgeable, and a delight to spend a day with. She recommended a restaurant that she and her friends like--Krokodil--that we also loved.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank emmajane7
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The bed was very comfortable, and room and bath very nice, including flat screen TV. The buffet was very good, and I had salmon one night at the hotel which I enjoyed. The hotel is away from the main street, and very quiet. The location is very good, and you can walk to the bridges and some of the beautiful churches.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends