“Good food but...!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Admiralteisky
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We booked 2 months in advance, thinking this Alain Ducasse restaurant would be very busy. At our surprise, we were the only two customers in the restaurant on a Saturday night 7:30pm. The Maitre D was very nice and offer us to choose our table. Obviously, the atmosphere was dry dead, but we were there for the food. Our expectation were quite high for an Alain Ducasse restaurant. We had a pretty good service and the manager took couple minutes to chat with us.

One of the main reason why I do rate this restaurant average is when we ordered the only 2 things I wanted to try on the menu weren't available, despite the fact we were the only 2 in the restaurant. I know that is pretty common in Russia, but I would be surprise to visit any Alain Ducasse or well known chef restaurant and they don't have the food listed on the menu. Also, the menu is not very extended so I had to pick something that I was less interested to taste. They sent complimentary Russian glasses of champagne and 2 mise en bouches. Instead I would recommend a black board that could change every day or season if they are not able get the ingredients for the dish on the menu. This problem would not happen. The food was good but not outstanding.Our expectation were way higher for an award winning chef restaurant.

We left the restaurant a bit disappointed. I'm not sure if I will visit another Alain Ducasse restaurant in the future...!

Pros: Staff was very kind, the fish was perfectly cooked, beautiful restaurant design
Cons: No ambiance at all, 2 dishes on the menu not available, very small menu, overpriced for the quality of the food. ( considering a 300$ bill including 2 cocktails and 2 glasses of wine)

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice atmosphere, but the kitchen does not live up to the restaurants ambitions. A clear feeling of a hotel restaurant drags the experience down

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Visited with some colleagues to celebrate the end of a successful business trip. Reasonably priced by Russian standards and some of the best food I've tasted in Russia

Some reviewers complain about the decor/ambience. It is modern and classy, but if you are looking for traditional Russian try elsewhere.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

For the prices in this restaurant, we expected more. We stayed a week and enjoyed many great meals at various free-standing restaurants and hotel restaurants that we preferred over miX. Menu fairly limited. Their breakfast buffet was good.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This place is nice thou cold at night they offer heaters and blankets but after some great drinks so forget hoe cold it is the food is great best place I went to that remember me of LA they don't take American money so take your debt card or rubles ill price but expect tourist dress business casuals locals go all out well dress so no t shirts dark jeans ok dress shoes but I will recommend you try it