“I went there every morning like clockwork.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Coffee House

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Nevskiy
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“I went there every morning like clockwork.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

There are about 99,000 branches of кофе хауз in Saint Petersburg. This is a review of the one at dom 69 Nevsky Prospekt. This place was about a block down Nevsky from my hotel, and I went in the second morning in town and just kept going back. The double cappuccino is pretty good. I would also get the syrniki, which are these hockey-puck-shaped cottage cheese pancakes with syrup drizzled on them. They were wonderful -wonderful- and they came with "smyetana" on the side which was a thick cream halfway between sour cream and crème fraiche. It was good but it tended to drown the sweetness of the syrup so after a couple tries with the smyetana I just ate them without it. The service was very good. I seemed to get the same server every morning and I think it was because I tipped her. That is not common in Russian and I don't think they know what to make it. But they will take the money and I am sure it made them pleased to see me again. And as I said, the services was always very good, definitely of a quality you would tip for in the USA. I suppose the place is a little expensive for Piter but you know what you are getting when you go in there. Atmosphere was not bad. The décor could have been better but the music was very good. I guess it was Russian jazz. It was cool. Anyway, next time I am in Piter I will get my morning coffee here.

• Visited June 2014

“worst brunch ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Tried a mozzarella sandwich and a rye sandwich. Looked nice enough on the pictures in the menu. When the dishes were served we didn't know to cry or laugh. Picture large microwaved sandwiches with cheese and you got it. Really overprized at 300 rubles for a microwaved sandwich.

• Visited June 2014
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Quite a few of these around and they are very clean inside with nice coffee and goodies to eat - we always had good service and like most places in St.Petersburg they will offer you smoking or none smoking and a menu in english

Visited March 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
“Overly expensive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Smoking indoors and 5€ caffe lattes. Definitely not worth it as the latte only contained skimmed milk.

• Visited November 2013
Everett, Washington
“Desserts and coffee/tea!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

Great selection of interesting gourmet desserts with excellent choices of coffee and tea. Also plenty of choices for breakfast, lunch and quick informal dinner. Good and fast service, good value.

Visited September 2012