Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg - Ligovsky
Aston Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$190
US$138
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Sonya Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$183
US$76
M-Hotel(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
US$114
Orbitz.com
Galakt Hotel(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
US$68
Pushkinskiy Domik(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
US$51
All reviewsbig mallpillow spraynevsky prospektgalleria shopping mallhotel is locatedsapsan trainnight's sleepbusiness tripexcellent locationbusiness hotelgreat roomrooms are comfortableconcierge servicehotel is greattop floorminutes walkingpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed still this hotel on business for the first time. My luggage was lost in transit. The staff were fantastic helped me to resolve my luggage issues and I cannot think therm enough.

If you are on business in St Petersburg you cannot go wrong with this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Alan S
Julia S, Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg - Ligovsky, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Alan S,
Thank you very much for your review about Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Ligovsky.
We are glad to know that you enjoy your staying with us.
It is always a pleasure to hear the recognition of professionalism of the Hotel employees from our guests.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September of 2013 with a tour group. I had a room on the third floor. The hotel is nicely located near the Nevsky Prospekt and across the street from a large shopping area with several restaurants. For the most part the rooms and hotel are clean. Even though it is in a rather busy area of town, there was little to no noticeable traffic noise in my room. The hotel is kind enough to provide complimentary bottled water daily to each room which is a nice and necessary touch, as I will go into detail about later. The hotel also has a large breakfast buffet with numerous food options. The experience I had with the staff was a good one and most of them were friendly and helpful. One of the front desk workers helped me locate the correct bus line and stops to visit a picturesque church located off the beaten path and not part of the tour group itinerary.

There were a few negatives and this is the reason for the lower rating. In all honesty, the hotel is still above average, but the site doesn't let me give half stars. If I could give the hotel a decimal rating it would be 3.75 out of 5. There are 3 reasons for this. First of all the beds are VERY hard. I was still able to sleep on them, but they certainly were not what I would call comfortable. I understand some travelers will want a firm mattress and some a soft one, but either extreme for me is not a pleasant experience and I would have preferred a bed that was a tad softer than a park bench. The second negative to the hotel is the HORRIBLE water from the pipes. When I took my first shower, I looked down and saw that the water was a disgusting yellowish brown color. It was so nasty it made me wonder which would be worse, to shower in that water or skip showering entirely. I certainly did not trust it to drink and I used the provided free bottled water to brush my teeth. The last negatives are much more minor. The breakfast buffet room pipes in the somewhat irritating sounds of chirping birds during the morning meal and I could have done without this. Also the glasses they provide for beverages in the morning meal are microscopic. They are about the size of a Dixie cup. I essentially had to refill the glass about 8 times during breakfast so that I would not perish from dehydration. It would be nice if they could provide larger glasses at breakfast.

Overall the hotel was nice and I would stay here again, but only if I could not find a better hotel with softer beds and cleaner water.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Julia S, Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg - Ligovsky, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear cdhinhou,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor.
It is a pleasure for us to know that you liked your room and enjoyed our breakfast buffet
Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of the Hotel's employees.
Would you please accept our apology for the inconvenience you faced with water. We would like to assure you that we are constantly working on improvement of the quality of the product and the Hotel's services.
Your opinion is very important for us.

Looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel in your next visit to St.Petersburg

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Fist visit in St. Petersburg and stayed at the Crown Plaza. Very friendly staff, clean hotel and amazing restaurant and room service.. Very central location and near to all the grand attractions.
The only small lac is that nobody helps at main entrance with your luggage, have to do on self service, even if there is someone there for example security they will not even open the door just look at you. This happend all through my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Julia S, Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg - Ligovsky, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Gina064,
Thank you for your comment about our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
We are glad that you enjoy your staying with us.
Thank you for recognising the friendliness of the Hotel's employees, especially at the Restaurant and Room Service.
Would you please accept our apology for the inconvenience you faced with luggage handling.
We would like to assure you that we constantly working on improvement of our service.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was my first visit to St Petersburg and we chose the hotel based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. All I can say is it didn't disappoint on any front.

The hotel is modern, clean and in an amazing central location. the staff were friendly and went out of their way to help especially when we went to restaurant for dinner at 10.55pm when is was closing at 11.00pm.

If your staying in St Petersburg, then this should be your hotel of choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear AntneyD,
Thank you very much for your review about Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Ligovsky.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and helpful staff of our Hotel
It is a pleasure for us to know that staff of our restaurant was very helpful and friendly.
Thank you for recommending our Hotel as a best chose for accommodation in St.Petersburg, Russia

Julia Sokolova
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Let me start of this review saying I stayed in a suite. Because of that, room size was not an issue. I did sleep on a cot because I was with two others, but I was comfortable. Beautiful, modern hotel. It is right across from the Galleria (mall), which is super convenient. It's right off Nevsky Prospekt, which is the main street of the city. Hotel staff is friendly. When I stayed there breakfast was free, but I'm not sure if it's always that way. The WiFi is strong too.
The hotel took care of registering your visa (if you are American this might be a concern) and there is an ATM in the lobby that is convenient.
The bar is also good. Great summer drinks.

Room Tip: There are few suites, but I think it is worth the splurge to get one. Much more comfortable and roomy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Julia S, Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg - Ligovsky, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear lindseylou12,
Thank you very much for your review about Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Ligovsky.
We are glad that you enjoy your staying with us.
We are pleased to hear your positive comments about the friendliness of the Hotel's employees
One more time thank you for sharing your opinion, it is very important for our Hotel

Looking forward to welcome you in our hotel in your next visit to St.Petersburg, Russia

Julia Sokolova