“Friendly service, great location, very clean!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg - Ligovsky

Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg - Ligovsky
Ranked #17 of 330 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Statesboro, Georgia
“Friendly service, great location, very clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and myself are thankful to the people working in that hotel for all the help and attention we got while we were there last Summer! Great team of friendly people. We enjoyed listening to the TV from our bathroom, having coffee and tea in the room, the glass window with blinds between bathroom and the room was an interesting thing to try. Even it is just literally two steps from The Nevskii Prospect and the Moscow Train station, it was very quiet and we slept really good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julia S, Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg - Ligovsky, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear user Ena314,
Thank you for your comment about our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
We are glad that you enjoy your staying with us.
Thank you for your recognition of the friendliness of our employees
We are pleased to know that you liked your room and you had enjoyed the quality sleep.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 4 nights during the summer and was really good. Even tough the "white-nights" were happening, the room blackout works really well. The Hotel is very central (across the street from the train station), there is a shopping mall in front of it, with many stores, food court, etc. It's also very close to Nevskiy Prospect, the main avenue of the city. The bar/restaurant is also good. I recommend it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guicarneiro,
Thank you very much for your review about Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Ligovsky.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your staying with us.
Thank you for recognising quality of our Lobby Bar and Olivetto restaurant.
We highly appreciate that you would kindly recommend our Hotel

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel is ok, typical Crowne Plaza which I like. The staff in the bars and restaurants are great but in the reception very rude, typical Russian style. I was very surprised that two weeks later my credit card was charged for a amount of 320 EURO for which I didn't know what is it. I contacted the hotel and they said it was mistake. Since I travel a lot I never experienced such thing, especially not in such chain! Now they will return the money back from me. In general I can recommend the hotel since the rooms are fine and main of the staff is great but they ruined my opinion with charging me something what I never used or bought!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dario Š
Dear user Dario Š,
Thank you for your comment about our hotel on Trip Advisor.
We are pleased to know that our Olivetto restaurant's employees were very helpful and friendly and you find their work - great
We appreciate all comments from our guests, it is helping us to improve our service.

Smolensk, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I started my stays right after the new hotel was opened in Aug 2010, and have stayed there almost weekly for 4 years. The staff is the best one I've ever seen in any hotel of the world, including the same brand of teh hotel chain that I had a chance to visit in Cambridge and Amsterdam. The reception and restaurant staff have excellent training and are willing to help each guest, and I saw other guests who stayed very frequently - obviously because of the hotel room and service quality. Despite thу noisy Ligovsky prospect where the hotel is located, I loved the location. Every traveller arriving to SPb from Moscow would also value the location - teh hotel is right opposite the Moskovsky railway station.
One of the peculiarities of the hotel is hi-tech, and hi-tech features are present in the rooms, such as distant window blind opening\closing device (buttons located near the bed on lighting pannel, which were hard to guess at my first stay, as I'm not the person to press the buttons I don't know))) Another feature is glass wall in the bathroom allowing to watch TV when taking a shower\a bath. You can not only watch, but to hear it as well, as sound volume can be regulated independently for the room (with a remote control) and for the bathroom (with a button located near the morror)

Room Tip: If you prefer quieter rooms, better book rooms facing the yard; however, if you like large panorama...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear user Oksana P,
Thank you very much for your review about Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Ligovsky.
The opinion of our regular guest is very much important for us.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the design, atmosphere and helpful staff of our hotel

New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well located, next to the Galleria Mall, and metro station. Many 24 hour money change around, and a 24 hour mini-supermarket. Also the historic Cafe Du Nord is a very big plus! I can't say much about the F and B as we didn't eat at the hotel having the Cafe Du Nord a stones throw away. We highly recommend you book the deluxe Room unless ure travelling alone. Its worth the difference in terms of space, bathroom size and freshness/ambience. The staff was awesome. We were just a bit surprised at the 500 rub charge to empty the mini bar. All in all, the hotel is highly recommended on this end of Nevsky Prospekt in terms of value and ambience as compared to all the others.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Natasha_NK,
Thank you for your comment about our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
We are glad that you enjoy your staying with us.
It is pleasure to know that you liked your room and appreciate the work of our employees.
We highly appreciate that you would kindly recommend our Hotel

Sao Paulo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

As someone who spends about 25% of his life in hotels (half of which is spent in international locations), I have particular respect for hotel professionals who provide excellent service. As a Platinum-Ambassador with the Intercontinental Hotel Group, I know the Interncontinental Hotels very well. I have to admit, the Crowne-Plaza (St. Petersburg) is one of the best hotels in the entire chain worldwide. Importantly, the professionals at this property are superb. I wish that the professionals with whom I have interacted at the Crowne Plaza in St. Petersburg during my current stay (30 June - 2 July) existed at all of the hotels in which I stay across the US, South America and Europe. First, there is Nina. She is one of the professionals at the reception desk. After a long trip from the United States, it was a pleasure to be greeted by Nina. She intuitively understands the hospitality industry and dealing with an international clientele. Nina was one of the best reception desk persons with whom I have interacted in many decades of travel. She is is the consummate professional, she makes sure that your time at the reception desk is as brief as possible, and she makes sure to expertly answer your questions. As I do not speak Russian, I was particularly impressed by Nina's mastery of English. After finishing with the check-in, I went to my room on the ninth floor of the hotel (facing Ligovsky). The hotel is very modern and very clean. The rooms are well appointed and possess a particular relaxed sophistication that one does not find at the Crowne-Plaza in the United States. Stated differently, this hotel is much, much better than ANY Crowne Plaza in the United States. The pictures on TripAdvisor (both professional and taken by guests are REAL). The energy here is more of a boutique hotel than just one other hotel in the Crowne-Plaza chain. Seriously. The quality of this hotel continues with Igor, who answered the call when I encountered a problem and called the reception desk. Unfortunately, the mattress is quite hard. If that concerns you, then I suggest you stay at another hotel. Like Nina, Igor is a consummate professional. Igor wishes that the guests of this hotel enjoy their stay and he goes out of his way to make sure that they do. I requested a second comforter from Igor. Although Igor was not able to locate a comfortor right away (it was very late when I returned to the hotel and called reception), he came to the room with the extra sheet I requested and he made sure that there was a comfortor in my room when I returned to it the next day. Again, excellent and seamless service. Thank you, Igor. Both Nina and Igor take "ownership" of solving problems and answering questions. Both Nina and Igor show enormous respect to the guests of this hotel. Both Nina and Igor are genuinely pleasant and it shows in how they interact with guests. Both Nina and Igor, in my opinion, have incredible talent and great futures in the hospitablity industry. The owners and general manager of this hotel are very fortunate to have these two individuals as a part of the professional staff of this hotel. Another value-added of this hotel is housekeeping. The room was well cleaned and the I interacted with a number of individuals in housekeeping during my stay and each time, they fulfilled each request in a manner that reminds me of the best hotels in which I have stayed. Excellent staff. I did experience one other problem that could not be fixed during my stay. The blinds did not go down all of the way in my room and it interrupted my sleep (not terribly good when it is light 20 hours a day at this time of the year) but I understand that Engineering will be correcting the problem after I leave the hotel. I would also like to thank the professionalism of the concierce who arranged my taxi to the airport in the morning. Overall, a truly special hotel with exceptional professionals.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RioLover64
Julia S, Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg - Ligovsky, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear user RioLover64,
Thank you for taking time to leave a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor.
We highly appreciate your loyalty to IHG Rewards Program
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your staying in our Hotel and that a level of our service met your expectations.
We are glad to hear your recognition of Front Desk and Concierge employees.
It is a pleasure to get such a feedback from our loyal guests.
We appreciate your opinion. It is very important for us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very very good
+the location is a great advantage, right in the city center near huge shopping center Galerea, metro station around the corner from Nevskiy Prospect.
+our standard room was not big, nice, with comfortable bed.
+the staff was friendly and helpful
+the place is bright and high-quality

-the breakfast was not included and quite expensive, you can easily eat in one of various cafes nearby for a lot less

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julia S, Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg - Ligovsky, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Viktoriia,
Thank you for your comment about our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
We are glad to know that location of the Hotel matched your expectation. We are pleased that you enjoy your staying with us. Thank you for recognising the friendliness and readiness to assist of The Hotel's employees.
Julia Sokolova Front Office Manager