“"A different way to see St. Peterburg"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peter's Walking Tour

Peter's Walking Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Regular walking and bicycle tours in English in St. Petersburg Russia. Themed walks, private custom-tailored tours and itineraries. Expert museum and palace tours. Private canal boat tours. Pub crawls, Rasputin tours, Dostoyevsky tours, WWII and Siege of Leningrad tours, Red October Revolution and Communist Legacy tours, expert architecture, history and urban development tours.
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“"A different way to see St. Peterburg"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

It was my third time in St. Petersburg and in these previous occasions I had already walked in my own and visited the main highlights in Saint Petersburg. This time I wanted to do something different and I found in the internet information about the Original Peter's walk. My girlfriend is from Peter but she's not so fond of history and I was looking for somebody who could explain me about these little stories hidden in every corner and also be able to ask about some historic aspects of the city. Peter is a very well documented guide and he was responding to all our questions (we were a group of three people) and also encouraging us to participate and design our own tour as we were moving in the city. A really open tour where the most important is the freedom to design the tour yourself. I'm looking forward to do the Political History tour in one of my next visits to the city. Congratulations to Peter and his team.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Escorihuela

St Petersburg, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Most Excellent Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had a quick unplanned side trip to St. Petersburg from Moscow. I only had 48 hours in the city and Peter and his team ensured I got the most out of it! On arrival, I did the White Nights Bike tour! Way cool! Kafka our guide did a super job of showing us the sights. She was well versed in history and truly seemed to enjoy sharing. Day two I did a personal walking your with Anastasia who was superior. She met me at my hotel. We had coffee and planned a full but relaxing day ( 7 hours!). Feet hurt but I saw a lot of the city. She was well informed and was happy to share. After 7 hours together she and I are now best buddies! Lastly, Peter was great even though I never met him. He responded personally to all emails and was all over ensuring I got where I needed to be when I needed to be there. For someone with little time, I can think of no better way to do a tour here this through Peter and his team.

I offer a full endorsement!

Steve Graham (USA) June 2014

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Swgraham5052
Oakland, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Terrific Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Peter led a small group of five tourists on our tour in mid May. He has a wealth of information and is candid about all Russian issues, encouraging questions and dialogue. We loved exploring through courtyards, the small park where the hippies hung out in the 60’s, sampling honey and mead, visiting a “hole in the wall” bar for a shot of Russian vodka, and seeing the apartments of Dostoyevsky, Lenin, and Rasputin, among other stops. He even provided other great tips for lunch and places to see on our way back to Nevsky Prospect and also near our hotel on Vasilievsky Island. It was the best walking tour we’ve been on.

Visited May 2014
Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Compelling personal insights into a great city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We rocked up to the daily Peter's Walking tour, no booking required, at Hostel Life (a little tricky to find, up some steps) and met Peter himself and the three other walking companions for our tour.
This was my husband's trip highlight - he was able to ask lots of questions and get a real insight into the personal aspects of the city! Peter generously shared his views about the life of residents, the politics, the history and the cultural changes. Peter made it clear up front that this wasn't going to be a traditional tour of the tourist sights.
I really enjoyed the tour for its personal insights. I'm glad, though, that we also took a more traditional tour with Tour-in-StPetersburg of Catherine's Palace and Peterhov to get a traditional overview of the city. In fact the two tours worked very well together.
We would highly recommend this tour to people who want more than the tourist experience!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Rachael C
Melbourne, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We went on a walking tour with Peter and his wife as part of our Intrepid Tour, outstanding, Peter is extremely knowledgeable and down to earth. This was one of the my favourite activities of our trip other than the Banya which is a must if you are game in Russia! I was finding it hard to get a true insight into the modern culture of Russia until I met Peter. We walked, we listened and we learnt. Totally recommend.

Visited April 2014