“See the things the travel guides don't show you”

Peter's Walking Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
US$22.00*
and up
Small-Group Walking Tour of St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Regular walking and bicycle tours in English in St. Petersburg Russia. Themed walks, private custom-tailored tours and itineraries. Expert museum and palace tours. Private canal boat tours. Pub crawls, Rasputin tours, Dostoyevsky tours, WWII and Siege of Leningrad tours, Red October Revolution and Communist Legacy tours, expert architecture, history and urban development tours.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“See the things the travel guides don't show you”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

4 hour "original Peters walk" tour with Anastasia overcame the somewhat unseasonal weather. We were taken on a very interesting "off the beaten track" tour and given snippets of information that we would never have discovered without taking this tour.

The insight into life in the Soviet era was a chilling, interesting and it was brought to life brilliantly by Anastasia with personal examples from her family history.

Overall, good value for money for 4 hours of information that otherwise, money could not buy.

2 Thank David H

Oregon
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A great way to see a great city”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We spent months planning our tour with Peter and had two days in the city because our cruise itinerary involved an overnight stay in St. Petersburg.

We were two couples with different perspectives. The ladies spent both days in the Hermitage while the men spent the second day on a "Siege of Leningrad" tour.

Our two days with Peters Walk involved a substantial financial investment and the tours, guides and convenience made it worth every dollar we spent.

One caveat - if you have a very well developed idea of what you want to see in the Hermitage buildings and galleries you need to communicate this to the guides and restate your preferences if needed.

If you are on a short visit to St. Petersburg, my advice would be to skip the cruise line excursions and let Peters Walk obtain your entrance documents to Russia and provide transportation and guides. You will get a much better experience of the city and its many sights from knowledgeable, friendly and experienced guides.

3 Thank bogyOregon
“This is the way to see St. Petersburg”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our 8 hour walking tour with Nikolay was amazing. Not only did we cover the Russian Revolution and see the three important churches in St. Petersburg, but we learned a behind the scenes account of the city and its history that is not usual tourist fare. Nikolay told us the story of the city he was born in and showed us how actual people live. We even had lunch at a Worker's Canteen which was inexpensive and delicious. I would recommend Peterswalk as the first event for anyone visiting St. Petersburg. It oriented us to the city, Nikolay taught us how to use the Metro so the next day we could explore on our own. Wonderful! Five stars all the way.

Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“"A different way to see St. Peterburg"”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It was my third time in St. Petersburg and in these previous occasions I had already walked in my own and visited the main highlights in Saint Petersburg. This time I wanted to do something different and I found in the internet information about the Original Peter's walk. My girlfriend is from Peter but she's not so fond of history and I was looking for somebody who could explain me about these little stories hidden in every corner and also be able to ask about some historic aspects of the city. Peter is a very well documented guide and he was responding to all our questions (we were a group of three people) and also encouraging us to participate and design our own tour as we were moving in the city. A really open tour where the most important is the freedom to design the tour yourself. I'm looking forward to do the Political History tour in one of my next visits to the city. Congratulations to Peter and his team.

2 Thank Escorihuela
St Petersburg, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Most Excellent Adventure!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had a quick unplanned side trip to St. Petersburg from Moscow. I only had 48 hours in the city and Peter and his team ensured I got the most out of it! On arrival, I did the White Nights Bike tour! Way cool! Kafka our guide did a super job of showing us the sights. She was well versed in history and truly seemed to enjoy sharing. Day two I did a personal walking your with Anastasia who was superior. She met me at my hotel. We had coffee and planned a full but relaxing day ( 7 hours!). Feet hurt but I saw a lot of the city. She was well informed and was happy to share. After 7 hours together she and I are now best buddies! Lastly, Peter was great even though I never met him. He responded personally to all emails and was all over ensuring I got where I needed to be when I needed to be there. For someone with little time, I can think of no better way to do a tour here this through Peter and his team.

I offer a full endorsement!

Steve Graham (USA) June 2014