“New, Modern, All Conveniences”

Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport
Ranked #24 of 359 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a new hotel in an old building near the Moscow Railroad Station, Nevsky Prospekt and the Metro. Livgovsky Street and the surrounding streets are full of nice restaurants. The staff of the hotel was extremely courteous, the room was comfortable, and the bath was large and better than most Crowne Plazas I stayed in the US. Returning to the same hotel this year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Maria_Gordeeva, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Ken K!
Thank you for sharing your review with us. It’s a great pleasure to hear so positive words about our colleagues. I will be happy to pass this information to Crowne Plaza St.Petersburg-Ligovsky.
Thank you once again!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

From the moment we checked in we didn't really feel welcome here. I made these reservations several months ahead of time and this hotel is HUGE and I requested adjacent rooms because my kids are younger and I'd prefer to be nearby. On check-in we were told they couldn't do it. So we spent the night down the hall in what seemed to be a largely empty hotel. The downside for guests is that we had a really early flight and their doors slam really loudly so the morning of our departure (at roughly 5 am) we were floating between rooms getting ready to go as the doors opened, closed, slammed and reslammed for everyone on our hall. We tried to keep it down but with tired 9, 11 and 13 year olds it isn't always easy. They quickly made up for their lack of interest in our stay with their surly bartenders and waitstaff. They closed the cafe restaurant around us and the bartender looked irritated that we brought the rest of his sandwich into his domain. He seemed even more annoyed that we decided to play chess there with our kids. He was probably having a bad day. On check-in, we were told to leave a card to handle any charges so we could depart early in the morning without worrying about formally checking out. This was great in theory until we were nabbed on our way out by a desk person who demanded that I present my card again for her convenience. She said the airport was a quick walk around the corner but at 5:45 am with young kids and a bunch of bags, nothing was self evident. So we saw a shuttle pull up and jumped on that hopeful it would take us to the terminal and it did. Score one for the hotel. Also there was some sort of adolescent dance party going on the night before so our kids crashed that to preserve some measure of joy in an otherwise joyless stay. Also, the kids ordered room service which was a decent value and the woman that delivered the food was very pleasant. Overall, this brief stay contrasts hard with the rest of our time in St. Petersburg and in particular our three night stay at the W Hotel in town. That place is glorious. This place is a primetime downer.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel would be a good idea.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear KevinE518!
Thank you very much for your review. All your comments and remarks are very important for us as this is the best way to improve our guest services.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed our shuttle and room services.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had to face in the hotel Crowne Plaza St.Petersburg Airport.
We were fully booked those dates, but we did our best to offer you rooms as close as it was possible on the same floor.
I passed all your complaints regarding café and bar to the Restaurant Manager. I assure you that we will provide more trainings for our staff.
I would like to thank you again for your feedback. It was taken on board and we are working on it.
Next time in case of any questions do not hesitate to contact Manager on Duty.
I hope to see you again in our hotel where you will be pleasantly surprised by our service.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

From the time I entered this hotel the staff made feel like an oddity. Okay, already... I am not white, I am not on business, I am not with a group; and I am a female. But, it is a hotel located at the door of an international airport.

I should not of had my travel voucher questioned with the tone and question as to "Who is going to pay for this?". I should not have the staff find my questions so funny that they huddle and snickered at times. I could understand it a bit because I had just come from a small hotel in Moscow where I stayed for 18 days. However, the uncomfortable hospitality did not end there.

Even though I had presented a valid credit card for extras (my lodging was prepaid), whenever I tried to consume an extra; a call had to be made to the Front desk: it was not in the system. One time the dining room declined my signature in front of other guests. I had to request she call again. Now get this, upon leaving, thank god I kept my receipts, they tried to tacked on a few lodging (room) charges to my bill.

That being said, the chef is excellent, the rooms modern and clean, the gift shop is well stocked with reasonable convenience mark-ups and the shuttles run regularly and on time. Time to the city center is about 30 minutes, to the airport 10.

Oh, the concierge stinks. There was a lot of money to be made from me but she did not want and/or did not have the research nor inclination to harvest it. I would also suggest the hotel provide a different more personable setting to provide such services. At least a lower counter so the guest can see and participate in the planning of the activities. Fortunately, I had connected with Marina Wilson, a local tour operator, before leaving the States.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Phyllis G
Maria_Gordeeva, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Phyllis G.,

Thank you for sharing with us your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed our cuisine, rooms, gift shop and complimentary shuttle buses!
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced with provided service.
Your comments regarding the Reception Desk and Restaurant are taken on board for further trainings.
We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Very comfortable, right on the airport. Came in late at night, left early in the morning. Had no time to see any amenities. But the rooms were comfortable and clean. Enjoyed my stay there. If you have no time to go somewhere, I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Maria_Gordeeva, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear OrientExpressVn,
Thank you for your comments. It is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with Crowne Plaza St.Petersburg Airport. I hope you will experience our fitness facilities next time. Our gym is open 24 hours for your convenience.
We are looking forward to welcoming you as our guest again!

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Except location, this hotel is cost every cent you spent.
Great staff, clean, big bathroom, comfort bed, quick room services
didn't have time to use gym& sauna, so have no recommendations about
Definitely will come back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Maria_Gordeeva, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dear OrientExpressVn,
Thank you very much for sharing with us your review! I am very pleased that you appreciated our staff and hotel’s services!

Looking forward for your next stay with us,

With holiday wishes,

Reviewed 1 December 2012

I was staying at this hotel for one night only because I arrived late in the evening at the airport and didn't want to spend more time on driving to the centre.

It is a very modern hotel and will expect all Your needs for an airport stay. The first metro station is not far - a 7 minute drive with a taxi or bus.

It is located just opposite to Pulkovo International Airport.

Waking up in the morning, fresh, it was not difficult for me to reach the centre without any problems!

Will definately stay here again, whenever I need to stay overnight for a flight over Pulkovo Airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Maria_Gordeeva, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear etarmo,
I would like to thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay!

We hope to have pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2012 via mobile

Recently built hotel within 10 minutes drive from pulkovo airport. Modern interior rooms. Clean. fresh. I stayed at a club 8th floor which is meant to be a bit above standard. Reccomend those rooms if you can afford to spend 200 dollars per night. A bit above average to my taste, but nothing is cheap in this country except human life-). Buffet food for dinner was nothing special, but quality was ok. Selection of dishes was not wide. Service was so so. I would not reccomend to have dinner in the hotel. It is better to take a taxi and go downtown, if you have time.

• Stayed: November 2012
Maria_Gordeeva, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear Vboyarkin,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Crowne Plaza St.Petersburg Airport and for its title. Club Room is a great choice, I believe you enjoyed your room and Club Lounge.
We hope you give us a chance in the future to show how great our restaurant services are by having a la carte dinner or visiting Café Plaza by illy on site.

That will be our pleasure to see you again!
Best regards,