“I came here to say - thank you!”

Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Best of the Best 2-Day St Petersburg Shore...
Ranked #10 of 410 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a group of professional licensed tour guides of St. Petersburg. We all graduated from St. Petersburg State University. We all have been working as guides and interpreters for the best tour companies and providing private tours in St. Petersburg for none less than 10 years, and we all love our city and enjoy our work a lot. At the same time we are very good friends, so we joined together in order to provide you with the best possible guided tours of St. Petersburg and its fabulous sights and museums.
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I’m actually not an experienced forum user, but I was so much impressed with the Best Guides’ tours that I decided to register and to post this review just to share my fantastic experience! I work in Moscow now and I decided to come to St. Petersburg for a weekend. One of my colleagues gave me Best Guides’ contacts, I wrote them and explained that it would be my first time in St. Petersburg, that I have two days only and want to see most interesting places. I took the itinerary they suggested without any changers just because I never have enough time or maybe I am too lazy to do investigation.
It turned out to be not just good, not only great – it was fantastic! It was the most interesting weekend I’ve spent in Russia (and it’s already my third month in this country!). My guide was Anna, as far as I found out later she is a co-owner of the company. The city tour was so informative and all this information was given in such interesting and exiting way that I hardly noticed how 3 hours passed. After quick lunch we went to the Hermitage. I understand that it’s not an ordinary museum; I even can say it’s the most beautiful museum in the world, but still never before I could imagine that a museum tour could be so interesting. I’m not a big art lover, at least I never was one before. But now I’m so much impressed that I decided to visit Pushkin Art museum in Moscow and I am going to do it the next weekend with a Moscow guide who Anna recommended.
On Sunday we went to see Catherin’s Palace in Pushkin. As Anna says you just have to see it to understand what it means – a lot of gold! I can’t describe it really – you just have to see it! An endless gallery of rooms covered with gold, portraits of Russian Tsars and Empresses, private belongings of royalty. Anna made all this history alive.
Now I just want to say – thank you Anna, thank you Best Guides for that fantastic weekend! You managed to make me interested in Russian history and culture and that’s great! Thank you!

2  Thank Magda T
"spilt blood"
in 12 reviews
"arranged everything"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 11 reviews
"amber room"
in 10 reviews
"through immigration"

Reviewed 10 February 2012

First time I went to SPB with my then-teenage daughter we had a tour with Anna( who works with Best Guides now). We went to Hermitage, to Spilled Blood Church, and both enjoyed it !! I myself was impressed how easy and interesting she, Anna, made it for my girl ( and you know how nasty teen girls can be..) .!

I am glad they started special, kids-oriented tours, it will be easier now to select one if you have children.... I have to wait to have grandchildren to take them on such tour. :)

3  Thank alexia65
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Last September my husband and I spent 5 days in St. Petesburg and Anna Avdeyeva of ‘Best Guides’ was our full time guide. She was efficient and very pleasant and her local knowledge enabled us to fit in visits to all of the sights we had hoped to see. We would definitely recommend Ana as a guide for anybody wishing to visit the city. I was in contact with her by email before our trip and we mapped out a rough itinerary. However, she was flexible and happy to change the agenda to suit the weather and our jet lag. Best Guides were recommended to us by friends and we in turn have recommended ‘Best Guides’ to other friends – always with great success.

2  Thank Jackie G
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Our friends and my wife and I were taken to all the major St Petersburg sites in 2 consecutive days with everything excellently organised beforehand. We were collected by Masha and her driver on time and taken everywhere. Her knowledge of both history and art was unsurpassable. The Hermitage Museum is unmissable.

There is some fairly easy walking at Peterhof where you should get to by 11 am when the fountains and music starts. Some short walks also at Katherine's Palace.

This was the second time in two years we had Masha as our guide and I would thoroughly recommend her and Best Guides.

Robert (London).