“Really a nice restaurant.”
Review of Fish House - CLOSED

Fish House
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Orny
“Really a nice restaurant.”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Friendly service, very good and high quality food. Wine was good also. Not cheap, but we enjoy and will return.

Visited March 2013

Sedbergh, United Kingdom
“Fish ambience”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I was worried when I walked in that it was too smart for the way I was dressed! But having settled in it was good. Nice treatment to a purely English speaking customer. Quite pricy but high quality food. Started with lightly smoked White fish - which was actually pickled but very nice. Then Murmansk Halibut roasted in oven with grilled vegetables then finally berries in honey with vanilla ice cream (slightly disappointing since seemed to be tinned fruit). Good jazz combo playing with talented harnonica'ist.

• Visited February 2013
St. Petersburg, Russia
“One of the best places in the city with fresh seafood”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

It is really difficult to find a place in Spb with a good quality of seafood and i was extremely happy that we visited Fish House. The place is very cozy. Thanks to the light colour of the design it feels really cozy. Live chill-out music was very soft and the singer was really talented. Our choice was a salad with octopus and sun-dried tomatoes, oysters and tar-tar. The waiter was very polite and aware of wines, so helped us to make a right choice. Chocolate maffin as a desert was one of the best i've ever tried.
Unfortunately there were a few things that made me cut 1 point, which are: the white wine was not cooled and we had to wait for half an hour for it to get cooled off; for some reason our table cover was not changed, though it wa sa bad exception, because they did it for all other tables; our waiter got occupied with something else at some point and was not very attentive, when we needed his assistance.
Still even with that disadvantages, which i hope were just occasional, i really enjoyed my meal and the evening spent there

• Visited November 2012
Dumbartonshire
“A nice experience”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We wanted to go to a fish restaurant in St Petersburg and this was 5 minutes from our hotel. We found it very pleasant - reasonably atmospheric, and the service was good. We wanted to try the caviar - the cheapest was reasonably priced and very good - we found one portion ample to be shared by two. I think most of the fish comes whole, so it's good to be ready to do the filleting yourself. Not the cheapest place, but still fine.

• Visited September 2012
Sao Paulo, SP
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They have A LOT to learn”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My husband and I were there for dinner and, as it was cold, I was wearing a coat. As soon as we stepped in I was asked to take off my coat. As I said I needed it because it was cold inside the restaurant, an arrogant waiter saId, believe it or not, that I COULD NOT ENTER THE RESTAURANT WITH MY COAT ON!!!!!!
When I asked him the reason for that stupidity, he simply said it was because of management rules!! I told him that I've traveled the world and have never seen such a ridiculous thing!
It was interesting, though, that my husband was wearing a leather jacket and was never asked to take it off...
Which kind of restaurant owner creates such a stupid, offensive rule. Certainly not a very clever one!
And the food was just OK, nothing special...

• Visited August 2012