“Deterriorated quality?”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Been here 1st time a year ago and liked it that time very much. But this year July visit has disappointed me. This time we've been celebrating a birthday of my friend here. Waiter was a kind of 'hob-and-nob' and not as attentive as last year (when it was a different person). Similar to last year I've ordered sterlet, which last year was bigger in size and, seemed to me, was more fresh and tasty. Last year headwaiter personally was caring about us, helped with a choice of food and wine, this year headwaiter didn't even approach our table to say 'how are U doing, guys'. We've also been waiting quite long for ordered main course dishes...So, overall impression - the quality of this place is deteriorating. I'd avoid coming back here again...

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Terrible service, kept us waiting for 45 minutes before setting the table for us three. Food was good ( the soup that arrived 50 mins after we ordered, even though only two tables were occupied- apparently russians get served first) but did not make up for their unfriendly unprovoked behaviour.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have eaten this restaurant three times on different trips to St. Petersburg. Since I really like fish I gave it a three tries,but it is unlikely that I will come back. The food is not bad, but certainly is not great. And the place is pricy. If you want some good grilled fresh fish try Sardina on Rubinsteina.

1  Thank niagarariverfatman
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Friendly service, very good and high quality food. Wine was good also. Not cheap, but we enjoy and will return.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I was worried when I walked in that it was too smart for the way I was dressed! But having settled in it was good. Nice treatment to a purely English speaking customer. Quite pricy but high quality food. Started with lightly smoked White fish - which was actually pickled but very nice. Then Murmansk Halibut roasted in oven with grilled vegetables then finally berries in honey with vanilla ice cream (slightly disappointing since seemed to be tinned fruit). Good jazz combo playing with talented harnonica'ist.