“Fantastic Beef Stroganoff ”
Review of Chekhov

Chekhov
Ranked #235 of 10,956 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Russian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Petrogradsky
Description: Traditional Russian meals and modern gastronomic trends in the interiors of aristocratic country-house of the late 19th century. Collection of homemade vodka and liqueurs. An extensive wine list, representing the main wine regions. Courteous staff, dressed in the costumes of the era. Live piano music. A separate room for 6-8 persons, which also presents the classic Board game.
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I took my girlfriend out for dinner and we wanted an authentic Russian restaurant and Beef Stroganoff for dinner. We made reservations, service was excellent, food was even better, decor was nice. I thought it wasn't too pricy either, we paid 2200 RUB in total for starters, main meal and drinks. I would defo recommend Chekhov, its charming, good food and easy to find!

1  Thank NicoDaBear

Reviewed 31 March 2014

On the last night of a visit to Russia, we went here on Tripadvisor recommendations, and could not have been better pleased. The decor and the staff dress immediately set the tone for a memorable night. The menu was very extensive and the food excellent. The waitrsses were very helpful and pleasant. On ordering a taxi, they even told us how much it was to cost.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is nice small restaurant not in the city center but if you are visiting Peter and Paul Fortress this is only 2 km away. The menu is traditional Russian style and the food is good. Service is very friendly and the waitress speak English which is not so common in St. Petersburg. Ask waitress to order a taxi otherwise it might be difficult to close to restaurant.

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a little bit tucked away, but if you go there you won't be disappointed. The food was divine and beautifully presented. The restaurant was decorated to a high standard and had loads of atmosphere. The service was excellent. I speak only a little Russian but my waitress spoke good English and made the dining experience completely stress free . We had pre booked a table and are so pleased we had because it was starting to get busy at 4.30pm on a Saturday afternoon. Even the butter to accompany the bread was homemade!
Just wish we could have stayed longer and had a desert, but alas we
had to rush back to our hotel to get changed for the ballet. When the bill came I was pleasantly surprised what good value it was.
If I come back to St Petersburg I will make it the first restaurant I visit.

1  Thank 204DavidR
Reviewed 3 December 2013

In a country where most new restaurants are highly ambitious projects for which you pay a lot, this is a really pleasant exception. Located a bit off the beaten track, it is well worth the detour. The actual room is small but very cosy, almost like a private dining room. The food is well-cooked traditional Russian. This is not a gastronomic adventure but a piece of local history served with blinis, caviar and vodka in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

1  Thank Ulf P