“Perfect 3-star hotel”

Ranked #138 of 355 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Istanbul, Turkey
“Perfect 3-star hotel”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Enjoyed staying in this hotel. Room and bathroom were very clean (very important point for me). Plumbing was also fine, each bathroom has its own water heater. No air-conditioning, but each room had a fan. Probably, it is normal for 3-star hotel. Hotel is located in the backyard, no problem with the noise. The closed metro station is Gorkovskaya, walking distance from the hotel - 10 min. Walking distance to Neva river is also 10 min. Breakfast is available in the restaurant in other building. But there is a sweet kitchen inside, with the fridge, microwave, kettle and dishes. And this was perfect for us because we could buy food outside, keep it in the fridge and heat it whenever we want (exp midnight). Probably, will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

As has already been mentioned, this hotel left me with very mixed feelings. Yes, it is nice and central and kept very clean. Staff are mixed - some are helpful and others need improvement.

My main gripe was that we had booked three rooms, one for my husband and I and we also paid for a double room each for my daughter and a friend. My husband and I arrived a day earlier than my daughter and they gave us room 25. I noticed that it seemed fairly cramped for 2 people, but it was Okay, so I didn't say anything.

When my daughter and her friend arrived, they were given the rooms next to us as we requested, but on opening the door to the room, I was amazed how much more spacious they were compared to our room. I could not believe that the hotel had given such a tiny room to a couple and these more spacious room to singles! My daughter was happy to change, but they hadn't changed our sheets from the night before, so I went down to request new sheets. I was happy to change them myself, but it was almost as though I had asked for something completely out of the way!

I did enjoy my stay, but I just wish they had used a little more common sense when they were assigning rooms for a group!

Room Tip: Make sure they don't give you room 25 as it is tiny!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Barbara L
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Clean and friendly. Great location, enjoyed our stay. More of an excellent quality hostel rather than a hotel as it doesn't offer restaurant, breakfasts or any facilities/services you would normally expect from a hotel. I would recommend Mark Inn for anyone looking for an affordable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Simon S
Ashtead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very good location, secure and clean. Staff were very helpful right through from the getting the visa to advice on tourist activities and making arrangements. The room was fairly small for the price but the other factors made up for this. I had an enjoyable and comfortable stay here.

Room Tip: The rooms back onto a private communal courtyard so it cuts down the noise somewhat, despite being v...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
twickenham
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Our first ever visit to St Petersburg and we booked to stay at the Marks Inn - purely based on Tripadvisor reviews and the price. We were slightly apprehensive due to the low price but we shouldn't have worried. Our stay was absolutely brilliant!

We struggled a little to find the hotel initially, but after a few false starts we stumbled across it. The girl on reception was helpful and we then went to our room. We found the room to be very clean, with all the amenities you would want. There are also grocery stores nearby to buy water etc. In the hotel, there is a communal kitchen which you could use if you wanted, although we never during our time there.

The walls are a little on the thin side, but paying the price we did in this very expensive city, you cannot have everything. This hotel offers excellent value for money and is located a short distance from two well situated metro stations making travelling around the city very easy. There was no air con but there was a fan which made sleeping ok (we went in August), perhaps not ideal but on the plus side probably better for the environment!

The hotel offers free wifi which is brilliant as tourists. St Petersburg is not yet a tourist mecca (a great thing in my opinion) but that means that it can at times be a little daunting, this hotel makes you feel safe and very welcome in a somewhat frosty city. A gem of a hotel offering wonderful value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank twickenhamteacher
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and it is in a relatively good location.

However, the rooms are tiny (the smallest hotel rooms I have ever seen). I could literally touch both walls at the same time (so you can imagine how small the bed is, and you have to climb over your luggage to leave the room). The walls are also paper thin, so you can hear everything that is going on in the hotel, including people snoring and talking.

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Torgnus
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The hotel is located in the Petrograd area of St Petersburg, really close to the Peter and Paul fortress. If you are looking for a clean, friendly and budget hotel, this is the place.

There is a metro station 10 minutes away, however it is also possible to walk to the other side of the river and it will take you around 30 minutes to get to the Winter Palace.

The staff was friendly, there was a very strong WI Fi signal in the whole place. There was not breakfast option (although they have a kitchen to be used by everybody) but there are a couple of places to have breakfast near by.

I would stay here again if in Moscow and with a good deal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends