“Simple but Great Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 344 Hotels in St. Petersburg
London
“Simple but Great Hotel”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

If you are looking for a simple base in St Petersburg the Bristol is a little bit off the main road but quiet clean and comfortable. While not in the middle of any major visitor destination it is in easy reach by taxi to most places and a short walk to main shopping district. The price is good value and the staff keen to help.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DaveCockle
Irina A, Director of Sales at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear guest DaveCockle,

Thank you for your positive review about hotel Bristol. Hope to see you soon in Saint-Petersburg.

Sincerely yours,
Averyanova Irina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

Hotel was nice 15min walk to the metro between 500r and 100r for a cab to the centre. Air conditioned, free wifi in rooms although signal strength was poor in our room but I'm sure better in some so if this is a big problem maybe ask for a room that has good signal.
All was fairly modern including bathrooms, breakfast was included but I never made it there so I could not tell you quality.

• Stayed August 2012
Irina A, Director of Sales at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Dear user Realinfo01,

Thank you for your visit in Bristol hotel and writing review on Tripadvisor.com!
We will try to do the best to improve our service and quality. Buffet breakfast in our restaurant including 2 kinds of hot dishes,sausages, 3 types of bakery, bread, eggs, cereal, fresh fruits, vegetables, juice, tea, coffee, cheese and cold cuts, yogurt, cereal, cheese cakes. I'm sure you will be satisfied with our breakfast. We hope to see you in our hotel again.

Best regards and wishes,
Head of sales department
Bristol Hotel
Averyanova Irina
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Hotel in itself was quite good as per quality-price, regarding the inner conditions, but to get here if you dont take a taxi and you are on a budget trip...not tricky but Hard, since u have to either walk, take the bus - if u know the numbers - and the metro, either take the metro and walk-with your luggage for more than 2 kilometres, since the metro station its quite far. Outside u think its a dumped building, inside it looks ok.
So, I got into the hotel, early morning, with the night train from Moscow, WHICH I STRONGLY ADVICE U NOT TO TAKE- smells like cattle, conditions are the worst that i have ever seen in my entire life and it was the worst night i have ever had so far -, choosing the hotel mainly because of the price and the fact that they said they have free wi-fi in the rooms, not only the lobby. I have to be connected with the world, since i have a job and loved ones and i taken that into consideration since I was travelling alone.
Should i say anything that almost all clerks- with no exception- speak poor english? Thats something you will find it at every step in Russia, but you expect at least that the hotel personnel can handle english language. NOT THESE PEOPLE. The guy that checked me in gave me a room at the 3rd floor, to the end of a hallway, having to carry my heavy suitcase up some steps, and when i got in my room, surprise, no wi-fi, no hot water to shower after the disaster in the train because i was smelling like cattle too.
Asked in numerous times for 3 days -out of my 7 of staying, using all means known to change my room, because i knew the wi-fi had in fact no signal at the end of nowhere, they were all assuring me its gonna be solved which wasnt. I havent seen such INDOLENCE in my life, they were like ignoring me totally, i asked speaking to the management, which wasnt ever present, till one of the clerks, a woman, finally understood my situation and changed my room, to a somehow smaller one, but at least I had access to the internet and a place to put my head down when comming from sightseeing.
So, per all:
- good conditions in the room, my bathroom was somehow smelling
- if ur looking for a view ur not gonna get it
- good, plentyfull, diverse breakfast, cold and hot dishes
- they don't have: dry cleaninig/cleaning services at all, international calls services, room service
- they do have NON-English speaking personnell and if u dont know some russian I dont know how u will get along with them
- taxi from the station can b up to 600 rubles
and they do have INDOLENT personnel- as in ""yes-yes", but in fact doing Nothing, which annoyed me most. I work in HR area and frank;y, i wouldve sent these people home with no other warning. The only exception was Victoria, whom i sincerely thank.

Room Tip: If u want wi-fi ask for a room as close to the elevator as possible
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RalucaCruceru
Irina A, Director of Sales at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Dear, Raluca Cruceru! Thank you very much for your reviews about our hotel. All of your comments help us to improve the service in our hotel and restaurant. Now we provide weekly trainings with our staff and preparing to change the provider of WI-FI internet connection. Hotel Bristol expands the list of additional services in next year and we plan to open a conference room, and sauna, laundry service.
We shall be glad to see you in our hotel next time and we hope that you will be satisfied with the quality of wireless internet in our hotel, the quality of the staff competence and you will have the nicest impression about Hotel Bristol.